Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Little fella seems a little better today; he's kept down his morning bottle. I'm going to give him a small brekky of just porridge, no fruit.

And, with all the vomity shenanigans, I almost didn't notice...... I have had a bit of mid-cycle spotting/light bleeding....... The last time that happened, Hugo happened! :eek: Guess I'll know in a couple of weeks.... damn you posh hotel break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Little fella seems a little better today; he's kept down his morning bottle. I'm going to give him a small brekky of just porridge, no fruit.

And, with all the vomity shenanigans, I almost didn't notice...... I have had a bit of mid-cycle spotting/light bleeding....... The last time that happened, Hugo happened! :eek: Guess I'll know in a couple of weeks.... damn you posh hotel break :D

Exciting!!

Glad small man is feeling better. My little lady has a second tiny tooth poking through. She looks so funny with them. She loves to maul/gum my cheeks and chin, guess I'll have to knock that game on the head now :)

We started with a teeny bit of purée the day before yesterday. She loved it!!! She had been obsessively watching us eat and chewing as we ate for ages. Poor thing was grabbing at our plates the last few days too. First little bit was poked back out with her tongue and after that she took to it like a pro. She had a couple of tiny baby spoons and was trying to take the spoon herself. Little savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Rosey my guys does that to my chin and cheeks too it's like he is sucking on my face it's so cute but my god when he gets teeth that will have to stop!!
    Nikpump so glad your LO is feeling better. Keep us informed on the other thing. Exciting! :-)

He puked again this morning and he's starving, god help him. I couldn't get a docs appointment till tomorrow, if he gets any worse in the meantime it'll be DDoc :(

As for the other thing... I must be mental:D

Oh, ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa.... I've just realised.... it was a weekend away in a hotel last year for OH's birthday that got me pregnant..... this most recent break away was for OH's birthday...... ha ha ha haaaa!*

*is delirious and slightly terrified!

• Advertisement

So let's just say you 'might' be pregnant would the baby be due the same time that your LO was due??

A bit after, his birthday was actually last month and Hugo was a month early :D Me mother's gonna loooove this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Happy mammys day!!!

I just had a look at posts from this time last year as my little man is snoring away on my lap.
    It was all talk about scans, throwing up and clothes getting a bit tight :-)

We've come a long way!

First mammy's day for us all except Das Kitty; DK, your first as a mammy-of-two!

We have double reason to celebrate here; OH's mother went for a hip replacement on thursday - she's in absolute agony; her hip is more or less crumbled to nothing and for the last few months she's been pretty much confined to her bedroom. Well, she had the surgery, but by Thursday night/Friday morning it looked like we were going to lose her, she had MAJOR post op complications; a stroke, a suspected heart attack and a chest infection. The blood thinning meds to treat the stroke could have caused haemorrhage at the surgery site or a bleed in the brain, they couldn't give her sedation or strong pain meds because of the stroke. Yesterday afternoon I really thought we'd be going to her funeral. This morning, she's out of bed, the paralysis caused by the stroke seems to be almost gone and she can move both legs, stand and transfer to a chair. She's not out of the woods yet, but she's well on the way. We're going to go out for lunch to celebrate :)

Sounds like a horrible few days nikpmup. Glad to hear things are improving.

Back from our night away. Had a lovely time. Saw a very young baby in the hotel, felt a little broody :p We were like two people having withdrawals from our monkey but the lie in until 10 was great! Baby has two little teeth, second one came through on Thursday but her cheeks are bright red again today. Not sure she's going to get any break!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Sounds like a horrible few days nikpmup. Glad to hear things are improving.

Back from our night away. Had a lovely time. Saw a very young baby in the hotel, felt a little broody :p We were like two people having withdrawals from our monkey but the lie in until 10 was great! Baby has two little teeth, second one came through on Thursday but her cheeks are bright red again today. Not sure she's going to get any break!

Roesy, my lads front two are through, but he's had the rosy cheeks, the drooling and the gnawing ever since and no sign of any other teeth, I think the two that are through are still hurting him.

And yet more celebrations; my sister and her partner got engaged - now to find an engagement card for a female same-sex couple!! No idea where to look!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Funky Pigeon nikpmup, you can personalise there and use your own images so you can make your own...

I had to do it for my nieces naming day ceremony...

Thanks puddinghead

OH's parents told him yesterday that we need to sit down and have a serious chat, D is nearly a year old an he's still not baptised, it's gone beyond a joke.

1. I don't disrespect what they believe
    2. Yes I'm glad it's gone beyond a joke I dont believe in god

I'm so fing annoyed right not, why are my lack of beliefs less valid than another persons beliefs? I don't tell them they're wrong

agggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Why do they feel they get such a say in it? You must be so frustrated.
    We got our son christened but it was because we wanted to not for anyone else. I can imagine how I would have felt if someone went against our decision.
    Baptism or not it's your decision at the end if the day. I think I remember reading on this ages ago a girl was afraid her MIL was gonna get her child christened behind her back!! Can't remember what happened though!

I was actually thinking they might do that, but I'm pretty sure they know they won't see him again if they show such little regard for me and the oh.

they've already got a grandchild they're not allowed see (totally different reason, ongoing custody battle etc) so I don't think they'd risk it.

I just wish they'd respect our choices.

We'll christen our daughter but it's nobodies decision but ours. We have been 'gently teased' that she'll be able to walk to the font by the time we do it though :) You wouldn't mind but she's not even 5 months until next week!

Got told today that the baby would get spoilt because I have her in the baby carrier a lot! This was by a mammy of a baby close in age to mine. She makes parenting choices I wouldn't make and I don't feel the need to say it! My baby likes pottering around with me, we both enjoy the closeness and it's less pressure on my dodgy hip and back. It's not like I don't put her down!!

I hate that phrase! You can't ''spoil'' a baby by providing closeness and security! A friend of mine went doolally when I told her I take Hugo into the bed with me - ''oh, get him out of that habit, you'll never get him out of the bed'' etc.... well! #1: taking him into the bed means I get some sleep, he gets some sleep - win/win; #2 : it's nice and snuggley for both of us; and #3 : I don't know ANY 15 year olds that sleep with their parents, so it's not forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

nikpmup wrote: »
    I hate that phrase! You can't ''spoil'' a baby by providing closeness and security! A friend of mine went doolally when I told her I take Hugo into the bed with me - ''oh, get him out of that habit, you'll never get him out of the bed'' etc.... well! #1: taking him into the bed means I get some sleep, he gets some sleep - win/win; #2 : it's nice and snuggley for both of us; and #3 : I don't know ANY 15 year olds that sleep with their parents, so it's not forever!!

I get the same, really annoys me. Been pretty down this week, back to work week after next week, feeling extremely upset like Im abandoning herself. Not sleeping at all now with the worry of leaving her. Half considering jacking in my job would definately would struggle financially on one income though so not an option. Seems hopeless.

Rosey its only another few months until your little one will be sick of being up and want to crawl and scamper away... May as well enjoy it...

Frankly the best advise anyone has given me is don't blink, because the time flys... my mother said that, she has 7 of us and her eldest is 45 this year :O

nikpmup... OH always gives out that I bring little D into the bed with me, but here's the story, 1. I like it, 2. he falls asleep in a matter of seconds and 3. I get up for work at 5.30 am, if he wakes at 4, get over it if im doing the thing that gets him to sleep quickest...

My niece is 1 and shared a bed with her parents until now, (her mammy is 5 months pregnant), but shes successfully in her own bed in her room now over a month... I think when i comes to advice people want to scare you into doing whats best, but they miss the point, you need to do whats best for you and your family, not theirs or anyone elses...

@groucho, I'm back at work, week 5, I'm not going to lie it is so so so hard to leave himself, but separation is good for both of you and never feel like youre abandoning her.

Being with baby is nice, but struggling isn't, plus it can add stress to all your relationships...

It's hard and sad and lonely, but I can tell you now, there's absolutely nothing like the smile you get when you come home and being able to give your baby everything they need xxx

• Advertisement

Groucho I'm so the same. Back to work soon and I actually feel sick when ever I think of it. I get up in the morning and think 'oh at this time when I'm back to work we will be heading out the door etc' tormenting myself! Then on the other hand if someone told me I would be a stay at home mom I don't think I would want to do that either. part time work would suit me but that's not an option for where I work yet.
    My guy has turned into such a character so full of fun. I just know he is gonna be a handful but in a good way!!
    Oh on a side note about the christening we got a surprising amount of presents and money for our guy from people who had already gave us stuff when he was born. It's great though his savings account looks a bit more substantial now!

I get the same, really annoys me. Been pretty down this week, back to work week after next week, feeling extremely upset like Im abandoning herself. Not sleeping at all now with the worry of leaving her. Half considering jacking in my job would definately would struggle financially on one income though so not an option. Seems hopeless.

God, I'd love to jack in my job. Not even half an option unfortunately. I've got annual leave for a few weeks yet. Don't even want to think about it.

My mantra is '9 bank holidays, 4 weeks holidays and weekends'!! I will be living for these. My first day back on planning on booking a week off in the summer!! Then a few days around his birthday and Christmas hopefully.

Yeah, I'm living for the holidays. I work shifts, so I'll be working every second weekend, we'll have very little time off together :(

I will see him two hours a day Monday to Friday. It's not ideal but if I want him to have a good start I need to work. We can't survive on fresh air.
    We are just doing the best we can for out babies. I do regret not staying in college though and getting a better paying job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Thanks ladies, think I needed to just get it out, feel better knowing theres other people in the same boat.
    I did stay in college and still ended up in a rubbish paying job.

Herself is getting so funny now, she has her own little personality she was very giddy today laughing and squeeling all days, I sense when she gets mobile that I will start loosing serious weight trying to keep up tp her tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Im dreading going back. Im off untill the end of june but just got accepted into a masters in teaching and got a promotion in work. Promotion means 5 day week for the first year but teaching means a job ill love but skint for 2 years abd no guarantee of a job when I finish. Without baby id do the masters but think ill be stuck in my crappy job so that I can give her a good start! !! Decisions decisions

Is everyone sick of the 'when are you back to work' Question?? I have been asked so many times it's almost funny. It's been going on since I started my maternity leave!!
    We can all come here to moan about work when the time comes I hope.

Well, I won't be starting a December 2014 thread - period arrived this morning after over a week of spotting :/ Cycle is all over the place, and my period is so frikkin HEAVY!! Can't be doing with this at all. I'm supposed to be going out for dinner tomorrow night, I know I'll spend the whole evening running to and from the loo.

• Advertisement

Ah that's a pity :-( my periods are very heavy since they started back too but no pain funnily enough. I actually got them the last time when I was due them so maybe I'm back on track. Only had 3 since I had him.

Advertisement