Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Hipp organic and Ella's kitchen over rules my cooking too! He has ate salmon for me so I was delighted with that. His routine is loosely something like this
    6:30 7oz
    7:00 porridge followed by a couple of fingers of toast
    11:00 7pz
    12:30 lunch usually some leftovers from our dinner the night before like spag Bol made from scratch but if we had something that would suit him he gets a pouch or jar.
    3:00 7oz
    5:00 some liga or rusk mashed with milk or some glen sisk yoghurt with finger food of fruit.
    6:30 7oz.
    Obviously he sleeps and plays too but that's his food routine :-)
    It does look like I'm feeding him all day but he won't drink his bottle too near a meal. Now that he is 6 months I'm gonna ramp it up a gear with the finger food. Got him one of those nuk feeders with the mesh so will use that too gonna try mango today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hugo's routine food wise is as follows:

7am - 7oz bottle
    9.30am - ready brek with some fruit
    11.30am - 5oz bottle
    1.30pm - lunch, meat & veggies, or mashed avocado, an ellas pouch if we're out and some fruit afterwards.
    5pm - rusk & some formula taken from a 5oz bottle, a yogurt and the rest of said bottle
    7.30pm - 7oz bottle

sometimes if he seems hungry I'll give him a snack as well. He is only now starting to get to grips with finger food so I'm gonna start giving him more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My little savage is still putting away 38oz of formula plus two little 'meals' a day. By meals I mean a couple of tablespoons of puree or mashed fruit or vegetables. Should I be upping the food and cutting back the amount in the bottles? She never fails to empty her bottle. She's not 6 months until the week after next so I haven't introduced dairy or wheat. We haven't started meats yet either.

I increased the food and decreased the volume of the bottles, he was on 4 x 8oz bottles, he's now on 2 x 7oz and 2 x 5oz. He also gets probably an extra ounce and a half in his breakfast as well. His meals are probably three or four tablespoons each, sometimes he devours it all, sometimes he'll leave some. I don't try to push him to finish if he doesn't want it. I've discovered this week as well; his teeth are at him and he's loving the food straight out of the fridge, stone cold!

He was on 5 7oz bottles but that's dropped to 4 bottles. As nikpump said some days he is not bothered with food but I don't stress about it. They say food before one is just for fun. It's all trying stuff out now so they hopefully don't become fussy eaters!!

• Advertisement

My brilliant sleeper has turned into a night demon. He woke at 11pm, 1am, 3am. By 4am he was singing and squealing. I gave in and gave him a bottle at 4.30am. He then snoozed till 6am. I was woken up by him slapping me in the face! I can't actually string a sentence together today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Any of the other babies not bearing weight on their legs?

Rory used to. He wasn't as eager as James was as a baby, but he'd do it. Now if we try, he pitches forward.

My lad pitches forward too, but I think that's because he sees things he wants and is trying to get them - he will bear weight on his legs, if I sit on the floor and stand him up facing me, or stand him up on the change mat.

She bears weight on her legs alright but has in the last couple of days taken to bouncing like tigger after a few seconds. Honestly, it's like she's trying to jump!

People have commented that she's always on the go and it's true I suppose. We were at a christening at the weekend and the baby sat like a stone for the whole thing. Said baby is 5 weeks older than my little cherub who doesn't really stay still for any length of time. She'll do a few minutes in her swing and will tire herself out in her entertainer but other than that wants to be up in our arms or in the carrier overseeing jobs around the house. If she's on the floor we get no peace anymore as she's constantly flipping onto her front and trying to move/drag herself/crawl towards things, which she can't really do successfully so she gets annoyed and then we have to help her flip back and she does it all over again. I love spending time playing with her and she's more fun by the day but I'm wondering should a 24 week old be able to occupy herself/sit still for more than a couple of minutes at a time.....can you tell we've had the 'she's the boss/she's spoiled' thing said to us lately :)

Same here. He is constantly bouncing on his legs trying to see what's over my shoulder. Everyone says that he will be walking soon?!? I'd say I wil be here in December wondering why he won't walk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ha roesy that sounds exactly like the livewire here,only difference is shes realised in the carrier that im not actualy holding her so that wont do now either. Wants to be up dancing if standing,held up bouncing if were sat and rolling all over the floor getting annoyed then when she cant craw5. Zero sence of danger and has hopped her head twice,no tears but not good for me.

So I've finally started using grobags for naps and yet again I've gone in to check on her and found her in a ridiculous position. She was sideways across the top of the cot with her leg foot stuck out the bars. When we went to get her up this morning we went in and she was on her front up the top of the cot with her arms stuck down the side of the cot. After reading all the warnings about cot bumpers I don't want to get them but I'm wondering are these or moving her into a travel cot my last resort. I'd hate for her to hurt herself with her current shenanigans.

She won't hurt herself.

We went through the same thoughts with James, but it wasn't waking him up, so we left it

He got his chubby wee knee lodged a couple of times when he was older (we were onto the duvet at that stage), and we had to release him. But he had shoved his leg in there on purpose, and after the second time, he learned his lesson.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    She won't hurt herself.

We went through the same thoughts with James, but it wasn't waking him up, so we left it

He got his chubby wee knee lodged a couple of times when he was older (we were onto the duvet at that stage), and we had to release him. But he had shoved his leg in there on purpose, and after the second time, he learned his lesson.

She couldn't manoeuvre herself out of this mornings pickle so we had to rescue her but aside from making loads of noise she doesn't seem too bothered. My husbands friends have a baby who is a little older than ours and they were telling us all sorts of dire warnings about what could potentially happen. Think it gave us the jitters.

She'll let you know if she needs help.

There are bumper options that don't hamper airflow, by the way. At least there used to be. If I remember right they're very expensive though.

If she's anything like my fella, she'll be shoving bits of herself (and sometimes her whole body) into too narrow gaps for a long time to come. Legs in the stair gate, and even just yesterday he caught a finger in the top of a radiator. :o

Das Kitty wrote: »
    She'll let you know if she needs help.

There are bumper options that don't hamper airflow, by the way. At least there used to be. If I remember right they're very expensive though.

If she's anything like my fella, she'll be shoving bits of herself (and sometimes her whole body) into too narrow gaps for a long time to come. Legs in the stair gate, and even just yesterday he caught a finger in the top of a radiator. :o

I think I just have to resign myself that she's not going to be one of those peaceful, placid little babies.....,and maybe construct a bubblewrap outfit for her :)

How many bottles are you guys giving? We are on 4 here but was told at 7 months he should be on 3. Don't know where I'm gonna cut the extra 1.
    Also found out today two of my friends who had babies the same time as me are not going back to work. They didn't tell me themselves which I thought was strange.

Were on 4 8oz but if she takes even half of the last one im doing good. Because were still realy at the experimental stage with food I do try give her the full 8oz before bed.
    That is odd unless maybe they didnt want you to think they were rubbing it in your face telling you when they know you are going back?

My lad still takes four bottles, but I cut the two middle ones to 5oz and the morning and evening ones to 7oz. He often would only drink 2 or 3 oz of his dinnertime bottle. I'm trying to give him a sippy cup so I can start giving him water but he's not digging it at all!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My lad still takes four bottles, but I cut the two middle ones to 5oz and the morning and evening ones to 7oz. He often would only drink 2 or 3 oz of his dinnertime bottle. I'm trying to give him a sippy cup so I can start giving him water but he's not digging it at all!

Same re sippy cup. She does love knawing at it though.

• Advertisement

Same re sippy cup. She does love knawing at it though.

Three nights of sleeping through, bar the odd mooch..... two nights of going down in his cot, awake, and falling asleep to me rubbing his back for a minute or two..... am I nuts to even type this; am I going to jinx it???!! He's started to sleep on his side, maybe he was just fierce uncomfortable on his back?

Three nights of sleeping through, bar the odd mooch..... two nights of going down in his cot, awake, and falling asleep to me rubbing his back for a minute or two..... am I nuts to even type this; am I going to jinx it???!! He's started to sleep on his side, maybe he was just fierce uncomfortable on his back?

Keep going. He might have a few where he doesn't, but it'll trend towards the norm.

Both kids are now sleeping 8 to 8 in our house.

He had been sleeping great, but then he just got out of kilter, he'd had a stomach bug, his reflux then made an unwelcome return, he started waking up, two, three four times a night - most nights he ended up in the bed with us cos at 4am, all the good intentions I had of getting him to self soothe went out the window and I just picked him up so we could all get back to sleep! We both have a week off this week, it'd be great if I could get him sleeping well before I go back to work.

My god shes so much harder to mind now that she can cover ground rolling.
    Shes beyond dangerous.

My god shes so much harder to mind now that she can cover ground rolling.
    Shes beyond dangerous.

Yep! Things that need to be removed from the sitting room:
    Power strip beside sofa with chargers for ipad and iphone
    Telly cabinet
    Coal effect stuff in the fireplace
    surround sound system cables
    houseplants
    my OH's beloved (and very sharp-cornered) Barcelona chair
    Modem (shiny lights!)
    and many, many, many other things! I think I'll get a playpen for downstairs, just to stick him into if I need to leave him down for a few minutes.

Im thinking the same on the play pen front. She cant be left at all now, Ive removed a lot of things that could be pulled down or knocked over by her but shes still dangerous, she has lots of toys but much prefers to go for things like the skybox and in an effort to get there manages to roll into the legs of the armchair and bang her face.

6 months today and suddenly she is turning into a nightmare to put to bed at night. Up until yesterday bed time was bath, gro-bag, bottle, bed. More often than not she'd go straight to sleep or if she stayed awake she'd just have a little grumble or a natter to herself and then go off. The last two nights she has howled the minute she's been put down. We've burped her, put on her mobile etc but tonight my husband has ended going in and picking her up. He's in there rocking her to sleep. The last couple of days she's been even worse napping than usual. She only took two 40 minute naps yesterday and the day before. Today she took three 30 minute ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Could it be teeth or a growth spurt perhaps rosey? I had the same problem with my son a few weeks ago before he turned 6 months and I thought I was back at the beginning again with all the crying and sleeplessness :) twas a growth spurt in his case!!

• Advertisement

Could it be teeth or a growth spurt perhaps rosey? I had the same problem with my son a few weeks ago before he turned 6 months and I thought I was back at the beginning again with all the crying and sleeplessness :) twas a growth spurt in his case!!

I suppose it could be a growth spurt alright. Her first two teeth are up about 6 weeks at this stage. She's chewing on stuff a lot the last few days and her cheeks are red on and off but there is no sign of any other teeth.

How long did he take to settle again new?

Advertisement