Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Roesy wrote: »
    I suppose it could be a growth spurt alright. Her first two teeth are up about 6 weeks at this stage. She's chewing on stuff a lot the last few days and her cheeks are red on and off but there is no sign of any other teeth.

How long did he take to settle again new?

Still waiting for teeth here. He settled only at the beginning of last week after 3 weeks of the world famous "sleep regression" that everyone talks about but he has a cold now and is waking up with that now but doesn't mind being in the cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Was just coming on here to post an identical post Rosey!! He falls asleep getting his bottle and the minute he is put in the cot then bam awake!! Will stir during the night too and I try just give him his soother. The last few mornings though he woke at 5 and I brought him into our bed. I swore I would never :-/
    He used to sleep 11 hours straight so this is new territory!
    On week 3 like this and we have resorted to letting him fall asleep on our bed and when he is asleep half an hour so he is in a deep sleep we move him into his cot. He used to just be put into his cot awake and fall asleep on his own. Maybe he is getting bigger and bolder! More aware if things and doesn't want to go to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Bloody 6 month jabs :-/ Spent the day trying to keep her temperature down. She seems a better now. Not long after putting away a weirdo dinner of chicken and parsnip mash, cucumber sticks and a bit of banana and is now on the floor fighting her owl before getting ready for bed. Hoping she'll go down without a fight. It's been a long day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hope she's feeling better Roesy.

My little man has managed to roll himself off the mat, down the side of the couch and is currently wedged sideways in between a pair of my OH's trainers (I'm always nagging him to put them away ;)) the wall and the couch. And he has the nerve to sound annoyed!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think Rory is going to be a bum-shuffler like his old ma.

The absolute thrill he got shuffling forward yesterday and realising he'd moved. <3

I also love collecting him from creche, and the big dopey grin on him.

• Advertisement

She's recovered from her jabs but being a grumpy Gus yesterday and this morning. However, husband arranged for his parents to take her for the night and I'm lying in bed having a glass of champagne and looking out onto our terrace in Cliff House. There was construction going on next to our room when we arrived so management sent us up some bubbly. Bawled after leaving Olivia though because she cried when I was going. We rang when we arrived at the hotel and she was sitting on her aunts lap playing the piano and having a fine old time for herself. She naps like an angel there so hopefully she'll be rested when we get back tomorrow. We're doing the tasting menu. Can't wait! Unsure whether to do the tasting menu with accompaniment. Did you do that nikpmup? They are hardly full size glasses? Am afraid I'd be plastered if there was a different wine with each course. Am a light weight these days.

Too cute about Rory and the bum shuffle Das. I was one of those babies too.

She's recovered from her jabs but being a grumpy Gus yesterday and this morning. However, husband arranged for his parents to take her for the night and I'm lying in bed having a glass of champagne and looking out onto our terrace in Cliff House. There was construction going on next to our room when we arrived so management sent us up some bubbly. Bawled after leaving Olivia though because she cried when I was going. We rang when we arrived at the hotel and she was sitting on her aunts lap playing the piano and having a fine old time for herself. She naps like an angel there so hopefully she'll be rested when we get back tomorrow. We're doing the tasting menu. Can't wait! Unsure whether to do the tasting menu with accompaniment. Did you do that nikpmup? They are hardly full size glasses? Am afraid I'd be plastered if there was a different wine with each course. Am a light weight these days.

Too cute about Rory and the bum shuffle Das. I was one of those babies too.

We did, there's five glasses IIRC, but there's a lot of food to soak it up! The egg & truffle dish and the salmon were amazing. Wines really are worth it, the sommelier really knows her stuff. Enjoy, and come hungry!

(and Olivia will be fine ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Im so jealous of your night away! Enjoy. I havent left herself overnight yet, I should have done it months ago,may have made it easier to leave her.
    Shes in bad form with the gums but the most amount of chatter Yesterday and today,full blown jibbering and looking intent on telling you her story.

Just saw an interesting thread on creche fees,a few interesting views re people using creches.

Just saw an interesting thread on creche fees,a few interesting views re people using creches.

Where's that thread? I'd be interested in looking at such a discussion. Sorting childcare for when I'm back at work at the moment.

• Advertisement

Where's that thread? I'd be interested in looking at such a discussion. Sorting childcare for when I'm back at work at the moment.

After hours so take with a pinch of salt. Ive had to refrain from posting a response.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211159&page=6

I'm not reading cos I know I'll get annoyed!!

After hours so take with a pinch of salt. Ive had to refrain from posting a response.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211159&page=6

Had a full pack of salt while reading! Some very opinionated people and some scary costs. I don't look forward to finalising childcare but I'm so looking forward to going back to work.

Little man has decided that he wants to turn over in his sleep - he's been sleeping on his side for a couple of weeks now. Only problem is he doesn't realise that he can't do it! Ended up on his belly with his gro bag in a tangle three times last night :-/ Cue roaring for mama at stupid am.

Had a full pack of salt while reading! Some very opinionated people and some scary costs. I don't look forward to finalising childcare but I'm so looking forward to going back to work.

Are you? Thats shocking;-) lol, I thought everybody was programmed like me to have a strong dislike of work. I wish I liked my job!!
    Herself sleeps on her stomach now everynight,she tilts head to the side but it has me on tender hooks.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Little man has decided that he wants to turn over in his sleep - he's been sleeping on his side for a couple of weeks now. Only problem is he doesn't realise that he can't do it! Ended up on his belly with his gro bag in a tangle three times last night :-/ Cue roaring for mama at stupid am.

His buddy is up to similar shenanigans :) We check on her before we go to bed ourselves or if we go to the bathroom during the night and turn her over again if she's on her front because otherwise she wakes up giving up because she's forgotten how to turn back. Don't mind if she's on her side. Is he still a catnapper nikpmup? We're still getting by on three 30-45 minute naps and generally a battle before each one!

She's in hilarious form this morning. The yapping is unreal. She had breakfast around 8 and sat down with us there and had a bit of toast while we had ours. She kept trying to chew the side of the table and was looking so longingly at the waffles that we give her a small bit. She devoured it and was grabbing for our plates. She's also fascinated by cups and their workings.

He has a half hour nap in the morning, about an hour from around 12pm, then sometimes another nap after lunch. He has another half hour in the evening, around 5.30pm.

My lad isn't really into finger food at all, he just mashes it or flings it around. I keep offering bits and pieces - I should be more proactive about it really, teach him how to eat!! He'll get there. I keep repeating my mantra: I don't know many 15 year old boys who *insert appropriate baby behaviour here* ; whether it be co-sleeping, eating mush or whatever!

He has a half hour nap in the morning, about an hour from around 12pm, then sometimes another nap after lunch. He has another half hour in the evening, around 5.30pm.

My lad isn't really into finger food at all, he just mashes it or flings it around. I keep offering bits and pieces - I should be more proactive about it really, teach him how to eat!! He'll get there. I keep repeating my mantra: I don't know many 15 year old boys who *insert appropriate baby behaviour here* ; whether it be co-sleeping, eating mush or whatever!

I think I need to adopt that mantra for my nap battles!!

I started with the mush but bubs was so determined to feed herself that we started moving away from it. I'm getting braver with what I give her, still get nervy watching her try new things though, I wait until my husband is at home!! She is handy with steamed veggies, fruit, little bits of cheese and as of today, toast. Cucumber sticks minus the skin are proving very satisfying while she's teething. For all other things we use a pre loaded spoon and she works away herself with the odd sneaky spoon from one of us. Must try her with some meat/chicken in her hand tomorrow as she's much happier feeding herself. Someone emailed me a copy of the baby led weaning cookery book and I can see it coming in very handy!

Oh, you weren't joking about the amount of food on the tasting menu either! That oak smoked butter with the bread was amazing and I could have eaten so many of those goats cheese and beeetroot macaroons!

I think I need to adopt that mantra for my nap battles!!

I started with the mush but bubs was so determined to feed herself that we started moving away from it. I'm getting braver with what I give her, still get nervy watching her try new things though, I wait until my husband is at home!! She is handy with steamed veggies, fruit, little bits of cheese and as of today, toast. Cucumber sticks minus the skin are proving very satisfying while she's teething. For all other things we use a pre loaded spoon and she works away herself with the odd sneaky spoon from one of us. Must try her with some meat/chicken in her hand tomorrow as she's much happier feeding herself. Someone emailed me a copy of the baby led weaning cookery book and I can see it coming in very handy!

Oh, you weren't joking about the amount of food on the tasting menu either! That oak smoked butter with the bread was amazing and I could have eaten so many of those goats cheese and beeetroot macaroons!

Oh the macaroons were gorgeous! I held off on the bread, just had a little bit because I wanted to leave room for everything else! I think the truffle/ egg dish was amazing, and the salmon with the smoked dome was theatrical!

Oh the macaroons were gorgeous! I held off on the bread, just had a little bit because I wanted to leave room for everything else! I think the truffle/ egg dish was amazing, and the salmon with the smoked dome was theatrical!

They must have changed the menu there was no truffle/egg dish but the salmon was amazing. I remember gazing enviously when I was pregnant.

• Advertisement

They must have changed the menu there was no truffle/egg dish but the salmon was amazing. I remember gazing enviously when I was pregnant.

That's a pity, it was the nicest thing I've ever had in my mouth! Taste, texture, presentation (the wait staff came out in white cotton gloves to grate the truffle onto the dish) Just amazing. Yes, I was glad I was not with child!

Just saw the jan 2015 thread. Anyone else jealous?
    Back to full nights sleep now,10 to 8 she sleeps,even snores!

Me me me, I'd love another one :) Himself does 8/8.30pm till about 6.30/7am; although the last few mornings he's woken up moaning and groaning at about 5am, a few rubs of the back and shushing and he goes back asleep, think it might be the light. We'll be investing in some blackout blinds and heavy curtains this week!

Back to work tomorrow :( I'm dreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

How are you getting your babies to sleep. Mine.is asleep at half 8 then awake at 11.30,3.30,5.30 and then sleeps untill 8 but sometimes could be awake from half 5 for the day..sometimes half 4. Tell me your secrets. I thought it was because im breastfeeding but weaning hasnt changed her. We're doing blw now. Started purees and now she refuses them. Its so much handier. Im able to eat myself while she eats too and shes eating food off my plate. Haddock it was today &#55357;&#56842;

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Madison my guy generally goes down from 7:30 to 6:30. He had a cold a few weeks ago and some nights he wakes screaming and I have to give him his soother. Some nights that won't work so in to the bed he comes something I swore I would never do. It's so cosy and lovely though! He doesn't have set naps during the day but I dont fuss about that because he sleeps well at night. I don't know what to suggest for your LO. Are they hungry maybe? Also with the bright evenings there it is sometimes harder to settle him.
    Nikpump I'm a few weeks back now. The first day was actually grand because it was so hectic getting out that I didn't have time to think!! Had a bad morning last week I just didn't want to bring him anywhere I felt bad for him even though he is happy wherever he is being brought. Would have preferred a cosy day at home together. But we had one over the weekend so I'm happy again. It's the thoughts of it that's worse I think.

Herself here only does two half hour naps during the day so I think by night time shes bet. she just sort of got herself into that routine,id love to take the credit but its pure fluke that shes always been wired all day and not a great napper. No doubt creche will ruin our little routine:-( from what I hear they like them to sleep a lot.
    Good luck tomorow nikpmup,will be thinking of you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Back to work tomorrow :( I'm dreading it.

Good luck tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Good luck nikpmup.

Advertisement