Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepsi Max

Options
  • 01-02-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

i drink Pepsi Max, quite a lot and have always bought the multipacks from my local "Tesco's". Recently i bought a large 24-pack in "Dealz", immediately i noticed a difference in taste, the Dealz 24-pack was very weak in taste, it was basically just coloured soda water.

I looked at both Can's to see a slight difference in packaging, the spouts are different looking and the calories count is different. Also the Tesco's one that i love is canned/distributed in Ireland. But the Dealz ones are canned/distributed in Great Britain (GB).

I contacted Pepsi UK, to see what there take on this would be, gave them the batch numbers etc.

They replied:
    I can confirm that Pepsi recipes and formulations difffer from country to country. Therefor Pepsi UK and Pepsi Ireland have a slight difference in taste, this is due to difference in water used and what ingredients can be used in each country.

I'm curious what the rest of you Pepsi drinkers think, have you noticed a difference in taste, if you have drunk the UK Pepsi?

Honestly i think the UK pepsi tastes like dishwater.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

Ive drank Diet Pepsi from the UK and there was no difference in taste.Never tried the UK Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Its the same with 7up. Irish 7up tastes completely different to uk 7up. And in the case of Fanta, its a completely different colour.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I have no problem with this. Fanta Lemon is big in Barcelona, you can't even get cans of it in Tesco here. A slight taste difference in Pepsi Max doesn't concern me. It's a good drink with no sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Are the extra large cans of Pepsi Max that are currently retailing for €1 made in Ireland or the UK does anyone know? Because generally I like Pepsi Max better than Diet Coke or Cokje Zero but this particular can doesn't seem as nice to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

johndoe99 wrote: »
    Recently i bought a large 24-pack in "Dealz", immediately i noticed a difference in taste, the Dealz 24-pack was very weak in taste, it was basically just coloured soda water.

Always check the best before dates when buying from that crowd (and other "€2" type shops) - especially the 500ml bottles. Sometimes there's a month or so left on the date and it just tastes....wrong somehow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've noticed a difference in taste with the 2 litre bottles in my local Spar as opposed to the 2 litre bottles elsewhere, not sure if elsewhere is confined to just Tesco, I think it's from other supermarkets too.

Best before date has always been grand, I just assumed it was how Spar stored them that made them taste differently. Hadn't given it much thought but there's definitely a huge taste difference between the same size bottles imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Are the extra large cans of Pepsi Max that are currently retailing for €1 made in Ireland or hthe UK does anyone know? Because generally I like Pepsi Max better than Diet Coke or Cokje Zero but this particular can doesn't seem as nice to me.
    Canned in Ireland :-)

Advertisement