Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entertainment - jazz trio boring?

Options
  • 01-02-2013 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to pick a venue for my wedding reception at the moment and am having a very hard time finding somewhere, as we are having a small wedding of about 30 people with hopefully an additional 30 for an afters. One venue we might choose is a listed building, which means that we can't have amplified music. We can have a jazz trio or something like that. So my question is, would this be boring do you think? Would anyone dance to this?

The other hotel venue option, as the room is directly below hotel rooms, needs all music (can be band/dj) off by 12 midnight. I feel that, for my afters guests, this would be a bit like "here's your hat, what's your hurry"!!!

So, I am in need of advice please! Do you think either is an option and if so, what would you go with?

Thanks all - really appreciate any thoughts on this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh the jazz trio would be brilliant. One of my brothers had a jazz trio at his wedding, his wedding was about 100 people, so he had a jazz trio in one room, and an acoustic guitar in another. It was really great. People loved it.

I much prefer live music without an amplifier, and if it's in a listed building, the building must be beautiful as well. Very atmospheric, go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

honestly it would depend on your guests,

was at a wedding last may where they had a one man jazz band, it was great for a few songs, but after a while most of us were looking forward to the dj and something different to get started, when he did, he played more Jazz and it was boring, the dancefloor had a maximum of four people out of a wedding of 80+...

the older people got tired and went to bed and the younger crowd wanted to party but the music wasn't good enough to. we ended up leaving out of boredom tbh.

Advertisement