Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This man is a scumbag...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SkyBlooo

He didn't force her to get that tattoo. Shocking tattoo but what makes him a scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Tattooing his name on the face of a woman he met for the first time that day?

Really?

Am I missing something? She willingly let him do it.

SkyBlooo wrote: »
    Am I missing something? She willingly let him do it.

and some women let men beat them, the men are still scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

and some women let men beat them, the men are still scumbags.

Tattoo's are legal, whats the problem?

• Advertisement

I think that tattoo is awful and I also think how quickly they're getting married is pretty shocking too, but you're comparing domestic abuse with a face tattoo which she willingly wanted.

Extinction wrote: »
    Tattoo's are legal, whats the problem?

I didn't say "criminal", so what's your point?

Don't see what the issue is and comparing the tattoo artist to a man who beats his wife or girlfriend is ridiculous.

I didn't say "criminal", so what's your point?

The point is that you compared tattooing to a criminal act and called the artist a scumbag for no reason other than your own views. Tattoos are legal, beating someone isn't. She willing accepted the ink and is not a victim of crime. What exactly is your point and why do you call him a scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I posted the same link in the o.t.b thread earlier today. I think he is a bit of a gob****e but so is she at the same time the two of them are to blame, she met a man online and within a week off meetig him allowed him to tattoo her face her first tattoo at that aswell.

He obviously gets some sort of pleasure out of it basically branding him hers for life but shes as much a fool for allowing him to do it, its not like he held her down and made her do it shes a willing all be it slightly unhinged participant ( even at tht calling her unhinged is harsh since I don't know the full ins and outs of it), comparing him to a woman beater is harsh though imo.

But your right that bme article does make light of it and almost seems to applaud it to a certain extent as playing it out as a true love story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Honestly, I really respect your posts, bodice-ripper, but saying women 'let' men beat them is absolutely disgusting. If you had any inkling into the emotional and mental trauma that occurs when a man beats a woman (or vice versa) on a regular basis, you wouldn't dream of saying something so completely insulting. :-/ Unless you've been in that position yourself, you have no idea how much it destroys you.

Moving on, this is nothing like abuse. There's clearly an element of him liking the control and 'branding' the woman as his 'property,' but she was a willing participant.

Frankly, it looks like a ridiculous publicity stunt.

That said, has anyone noticed that on her face, his name is misspelled? Not only is it spelled without an O, it's also got 2 s letters, one on each side of the nose. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Honestly, I really respect your posts, bodice-ripper, but saying women 'let' men beat them is absolutely disgusting. If you had any inkling into the emotional and mental trauma that occurs when a man beats a woman (or vice versa) on a regular basis, you wouldn't dream of saying something so completely insulting. :-/ Unless you've been in that position yourself, you have no idea how much it destroys you.

Moving on, this is nothing like abuse. There's clearly an element of him liking the control and 'branding' the woman as his 'property,' but she was a willing participant.

Frankly, it looks like a ridiculous publicity stunt.

That said, has anyone noticed that on her face, his name is misspelled? Not only is it spelled without an O, it's also got 2 s letters, one on each side of the nose. :pac:

I have had the **** kicked out of me by my boyfriend in the past, cheers.

I am deeply disturbed by the idea the anyone would defend this creep. I will also be surprised if his doesn't get a trip in a van with either relatives or other tattoo artists eventually.

I have had the **** kicked out of me by my boyfriend in the past, cheers.

I am deeply disturbed by the idea the anyone would defend this creep. I will also be surprised if his doesn't get a trip in a van with either relatives or other tattoo artists eventually.

Well then you more than anyone should understand that what you said about women letting men beat them is absolutely disgusting.

Nobody here has defended him. We've said that the woman was tattooed of her own free will. She's not a puppet, she made the choice to have it done.

How can he have done anything wrong when she was a willing participant? Why be so harsh as to call him a scumbag for doing something that she consented to?

Well then you more than anyone should understand that what you said about women letting men beat them is absolutely disgusting.

Nobody here has defended him. We've said that the woman was tattooed of her own free will. She's not a puppet, she made the choice to have it done.

Of course it is disgusting. There are other factors involved, even if the women stay of their "free will". that was kind of the point I was making.

The man is a scumbag. Yes she is also an eejit for her part, but this man is in a position of power here, and just getting off on this ****. Plus, he is the tattooer here. I expect better ethics. Well, I say expect...

Of course it is disgusting. There are other factors involved, even if the women stay of their "free will". that was kind of the point I was making.

The man is a scumbag. Yes she is also an eejit for her part, but this man is in a position of power here, and just getting off on this ****. Plus, he is the tattooer here. I expect better ethics. Well, I say expect...

We all expect and wish for better ethics but sadly any arsehole can pick up a tattoo gun and start tattooing people, sure just look at the video that went viral last week of the infant getting a tattoo to see how little ethics some people have.

Ethics don't even come into it, many people get their faces tattooed, its something that has happened for thousands of years. If neither of the participants are offended about it then why should anyone else get on their high horse and claim it's offensive. Should we all not just mind our own business unless an actual crime or offensive act has actually taken place?

In the Netherlands, it is legal to tattoo someone from 16 with ID.

I regularly get 16 year old girls who want their boyfriends name tattooed on them (often on their pubic area...).

I say no, because it is the wrong thing to ****ing do.

I am pretty certain I would be roundly condemned by this board if i did otherwise.

Would it be better if I were sleeping with them too?

Ethics don't even come into it, many people get their faces tattooed, its something that has happened for thousands of years. If neither of the participants are offended about it then why should anyone else get on their high horse and claim it's offensive. Should we all not just mind our own business unless an actual crime or offensive act has actually taken place?

it is my business.

it is my business.

How is somebody elses life and their decisions in their own life your business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

What exactly do you find scumbaggy about this?
    Is it him tattoo her?
    Or is the fact that it was his name that he tattooed?
    Or the fact that it was on his face?

Also, is the fact that he found nothing wrong with the tattoo that makes him a scumbag?

How is somebody elses life and their decisions in their own life your business?

Because I am a tattoo artist. and tattoo artists are frequently seen as creepy, exploitative men with no morals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The guy is obviously a publicity seeking predator. He found this chick on the internet, promised her marriage and then used his hold over her to convince her that having her face disfigured was a good idea. A lot of people would naturally have a problem with this.

Because I am a tattoo artist. and tattoo artists are frequently seen as creepy, exploitative men with no morals.

I'm not being smart, but I have absolutely never heard of any tattoo artist being described as such. My family despise tattoos and think people who get them are muppets, but they've never once had worries that I'd be creeped on while getting one. I don't know anyone who views an artist in a studio (as opposed to a scratcher) in the way you describe.

Yeah, it's a ridiculous thing to do, but she's an adult. She's not 16, she's a well educated adult who decided she wanted that particular tattoo. A quick search of her Facebook page also shows that it is NOT her first tattoo, as they're claiming on BME.

To be honest at least in this there both consenting adults gob****es but consenting adults, I have and I think most should have a much bigger problem and anger directed at the mother and tattooer who tattoo'd the infant in the video I mentioned.

Now thats a real pair of scumbags and If I was an artist I would have a much bigger problem with that and how it represents the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ruslan-2.jpg

Kind of looks like she had "BUS" tatttoed on her face.

I don't know anyone who thinks of tattoo artists as creepy but then again I have no hang ups about them and I have many tattoos. The girl is an adult and as such can make her own decisions. As for your assertion that it is somehow your business to be a moral guardian regarding tattoos, well its not, its an adults own choice to have what they want.

I'm not being smart, but I have absolutely never heard of any tattoo artist being described as such. My family despise tattoos and think people who get them are muppets, but they've never once had worries that I'd be creeped on while getting one. I don't know anyone who views an artist in a studio (as opposed to a scratcher) in the way you describe.

Yeah, it's a ridiculous thing to do, but she's an adult. She's not 16, she's a well educated adult who decided she wanted that particular tattoo. A quick search of her Facebook page also shows that it is NOT her first tattoo, as they're claiming on BME.

I am glad you have had rosy experiences with tattoos and society in general. I haven't, and I am sure I have seen it frequently bemoaned on this board that people are stereotyped by their tattoos. This chap has made the news by being an unethical, creepy man who tattoos the faces of young women, and has promotional material with their marked lover naked and groped.

Seriously, what the **** more would anyone need to say "**** this guy"

I am glad you have had rosy experiences with tattoos and society in general. I haven't, and I am sure I have seen it frequently bemoaned on this board that people are stereotyped by their tattoos. This chap has made the news by being an unethical, creepy man who tattoos the faces of young women, and has promotional material with their marked lover naked and groped.

Seriously, what the **** more would anyone need to say "**** this guy"

I get what you saying no one here is condoning his actions at all, I havent seen one post say he's a lovely chap sure leave him alone, but what people are saying is she is a consenting adult and allowed this to happen she willlingly took part that makes a huge difference.

Do you not think the video I mentioned is a much more serious matter?

• Advertisement

To be honest at least in this there both consenting adults gob****es but consenting adults, I have and I think most should have a much bigger problem and anger directed at the mother and tattooer who tattoo'd the infant in the video I mentioned.

Now thats a real pair of scumbags and If I was an artist I would have a much bigger problem with that and how it represents the industry.

The assholes who tattooed that baby are not recieving praise from the likes of bme, nor becoming celebrities or promoting their studio. I'd like to see all involved horsewhipped in public.

Advertisement