Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This man is a scumbag...

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

IMO I think if he really loved her he wouldn't have dreamt of tattooing her like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Arawn wrote: »
    Oh super it's now in the Irish media, Ireland am.....some people are into that "tattoo art" said in a way that irked me. Tv needs actual young people that know what this generation likes

Ah yes, the good oul Irish media. They do the same with bikers. Talk about us like we're "scum" and "second rate citizens" while looking down their noses at us. :mad: (Sorry, went off topic a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was not being condescending. It's clear that you believe your opinion on the matter to be superior to anyone elses and if someone disagrees with you then they are wrong.
    Her opinion on how tattooists are treated by the general public would indeed be better than yours, as she has first hand experience.
    No one has defended the tattooist or said that it was acceptable but to label him as a scumbag and compare him to a woman beater is uncalled for.
    As Princess Peach already pointed out, Bodice Ripper didn't compare him to a woman beater. She said (in response to someone saying "She let him do it")
    some women let men beat them, the men are still scumbags.
    That's not comparing him to a woman beater. It's saying that the fact that she let him is irrelevant when it's something that shouldn't be done in the first place.

Would it be worth it to raise tattoo awareness in secondary schools, in somewhat the same way that sexual education is taught? I mean, it is alarming how many people I've met that have gotten tattoos, only to regret them later! Tattoos have reached a peak in popularity and probably won't be subdued any time soon, so it might be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Would it be worth it to raise tattoo awareness in secondary schools, in somewhat the same way that sexual education is taught? I mean, it is alarming how many people I've met that have gotten tattoos, only to regret them later! Tattoos have reached a peak in popularity and probably won't be subdued any time soon, so it might be worth it?

That would never happen in a million years not in this country anyway could you imagine the uproar from parents if you to teach "tattoo awareness" in schools, sure you would only be encouraging there little darlings to mutilate there bodies :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

If I wanted to tattoo my face, I wouldn't let you or anyone else stop me. You clearly have some other adgenda behind your post.
    He's not a scumbag for tattooing some girl.
    She's not a scumbag for getting a tattoo.
    Perhaps it's better if you try to elaborate why you think there is a problem here?
    What is your hypothesis?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Gotham wrote: »
    If I wanted to tattoo my face, I wouldn't let you or anyone else stop me. You clearly have some other adgenda behind your post.
    He's not a scumbag for tattooing some girl.
    She's not a scumbag for getting a tattoo.
    Perhaps it's better if you try to elaborate why you think there is a problem here?
    What is your hypothesis?

She's not "some girl", she is his 18 year old girlfriend who has very few tattoos, and has now committed herself to having his name very visibly on her face forever.

Most reputable tattoo artists will hesitate with facial tattoos because of the impact they can have on your life, especially on a very young person, and someone without much other tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

She's not "some girl", she is his 18 year old girlfriend who has very few tattoos, and has now committed herself to having his name very visibly on her face forever.

Most reputable tattoo artists will hesitate with facial tattoos because of the impact they can have on your life, especially on a very young person, and someone without much other tattoos.
    I didn't realise she was so young.
    Oh well, poor idiots.
    I still don't think he's a scumbag, I do feel bad for the both of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gotham wrote: »
    I didn't realise she was so young.
    Oh well, poor idiots.
    I still don't think he's a scumbag, I do feel bad for the both of them though.

At the very least, he's an idiot. He's also the artist responsible for this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2128662/56-stars-tattooed-Belgian-womans-face-visible-year-planned-laser-surgery.html#axzz2K38mROv4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I think he must be some class of brain-dead to tattoo her after knowing her for 1 week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I think he must be some class of brain-dead to tattoo her after knowing her for 1 week.

A week, a month,10 years no reputable artist in their right mind would tattoo a fairly untattooed persons face when they have minimal coverage.

Its a different kettle of fish if she had most of her body done and only had her face left--not that Id even condone that but it would make peoples reactions completely different.

The part I have a serious issue with is him putting his name on her face.Thats not someone in the right frame of mind-its is the work of a complete control freak.Hes ****ed up in the head in my opinion.You just have to look at his other controversial case--the stars one.The blokes nuts!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

On a separate issue the thread in AH is a good laugh!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Gotta love T&P threads in AH. I miss Will and how he would troll them :):(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I was not being condescending. It's clear that you believe your opinion on the matter to be superior to anyone elses and if someone disagrees with you then they are wrong.

unlike your goodself:
    There is no doubt that the guy is a twat but some of the accusations being thrown at him here are just wrong....

As for the comment someone made about how tattoo artists are seen as scumbags or some such. What utter nonsense...

It's clear that the op has over reacted slightly to the story and I can see where they are coming from but their vitriol toward the man in question is unneeded and unfair.

We know very few of the details of the situation ...

Look, sorry man, I know I've pissed everyone off by being scathing and contemptuous about this man, but what he has done is contemptible. Details we *DO* know are as follows:

- 18 year old girl
    - met that day
    - tattoo own name over most of new sexual partner's face
    - parading the same naked in publicity shots
    - no one had heard of him before he tattooed another young woman's face

any THREE of those details is enough to describe a tattooer as a scumbag.

And for this "who are we to judge?" crap. For a start, I am some one would NEVER tattoo ANYTHING over most of an 18 year old face, let alone TATTOO MY OWN NAME OVER THE FACE OF MY NEW 18 YEAR OLD LOVER's FACE.

It is beyond contemptible.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

Look, sorry man, I know I've pissed everyone off by being scathing and contemptuous about this man, but what he has done is contemptible. Details we *DO* know are as follows:

- 18 year old girl
    - met that day

And for this "who are we to judge?" crap. For a start, I am some one would NEVER tattoo ANYTHING over most of an 18 year old face, let alone TATTOO MY OWN NAME OVER THE FACE OF MY NEW 18 YEAR OLD LOVER's FACE.

I agree with all of that....

unlike your goodself:

I don't believe my opinion to be better than anyone elses, I just don't make outrageous statements about how someone is a scumbag based on reading one article. I've said it already that the guy is an ass but some of the comments directed at him here are uncalled for.

- 18 year old girl
    - met that day

So if a young woman goes into a tattoo parlour here and asks for dozens of stars on her face the tattooist is automatically a scumbag?
    The publicity shots are just that publicity for him and it seems to be working. To call him a scumbag for posing for the pictures is just plain wrong. A lil misguided perhaps but nothing more. People keep saying they met that day but for all we know they could have been in contact for months, plenty of people spend months getting to know one another online and when they meet up do something rash, how many people have got married after only knowing one another a few hours?
    As for tattooing her face, well that's not exactly the classiest of actions but it takes two to tango. I doubt he forced her to get the tattoo and I wonder if the tattoo was of anything else would people be so bothered by it? Plenty of people have facial tattoos and yes many of them look ridiculous but at the end of the day it was that persons choice. I have a friend whose entire face is tattooed. When he got the first part of it done, for a joke he had the his name tattooed on his face before going back a few weeks later and having the rest of his face done and the initial tattoo worked into the overall design. For all we know this could be something similar.

I'm not defending what the guy did but I do think that it is grossly unfair for anyone to come on here and make accusations about him.

So if a young woman goes into a tattoo parlour here and asks for dozens of stars on her face the tattooist is automatically a scumbag?

If she has minimal coverage and he does it then yes he is a scumbag.

The publicity shots are just that publicity for him and it seems to be working. To call him a scumbag for posing for the pictures is just plain wrong. A lil misguided perhaps but nothing more.

No ones calling him a scumbag for posing for pictures.They are calling him a scumbag for tattooing a young girls face with his name ie branding her for life with his name on her face.To then use this as a publicity stunt whatever does make him a scumbag.

People keep saying they met that day but for all we know they could have been in contact for months, plenty of people spend months getting to know one another online and when they meet up do something rash, how many people have got married after only knowing one another a few hours?

Theres a big difference between getting married after meeting for a few hours than getting your face tattooed with the person you just met in RL (regardless if they were in contact for months online)

As for tattooing her face, well that's not exactly the classiest of actions but it takes two to tango. I doubt he forced her to get the tattoo and I wonder if the tattoo was of anything else would people be so bothered by it?

Yes it does take two to tango but I feel that maybe she was coerced into it.Shes unbeliveably stupid fpr letting this bloke do that to her face.Regardless of that the tattooist who in effect has a moral code to follow should not have done it.
    Thats the point everyone is trying to make.Hes the tattooist,hes the one who should have said no.That makes him a scumbag for not refusing to do it.

Plenty of people have facial tattoos and yes many of them look ridiculous but at the end of the day it was that persons choice.

Yes but Ill ask does he have extensive coverage??Any tattooist in their right mind will not tattoo a persons face who has minimal coverage.Any tattooist that does do this is a scumbag.
    I have a friend whose entire face is tattooed. When he got the first part of it done, for a joke he had the his name tattooed on his face before going back a few weeks later and having the rest of his face done and the initial tattoo worked into the overall design. For all we know this could be something similar.

I seriously doubt thats the issue here.Theres no way in hell that Mr Rousans name could be the subject of an extensive cover up tattoo unless the poor girl wants her face completely black.

I'm not defending what the guy did but I do think that it is grossly unfair for anyone to come on here and make accusations about him.

Sorry but the accusations are completely founded in fact.He has history so to speak in tattooing those stars on that other young girls face.

He has tattooed two young girls faces who have feck all coverage and thats what makes him a scumbag.Again its down to a moral code that most tattooists follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I don't believe my opinion to be better than anyone elses, I just don't make outrageous statements about how someone is a scumbag based on reading one article. I've said it already that the guy is an ass but some of the comments directed at him here are uncalled for.

The publicity shots are just that publicity for him and it seems to be working. To call him a scumbag for posing for the pictures is just plain wrong. A lil misguided perhaps but nothing more. People keep saying they met that day but for all we know they could have been in contact for months, plenty of people spend months getting to know one another online and when they meet up do something rash, how many people have got married after only knowing one another a few hours?
    As for tattooing her face, well that's not exactly the classiest of actions but it takes two to tango. I doubt he forced her to get the tattoo and I wonder if the tattoo was of anything else would people be so bothered by it? Plenty of people have facial tattoos and yes many of them look ridiculous but at the end of the day it was that persons choice. I have a friend whose entire face is tattooed. When he got the first part of it done, for a joke he had the his name tattooed on his face before going back a few weeks later and having the rest of his face done and the initial tattoo worked into the overall design. For all we know this could be something similar.

ah, so you're hung up cause one of your mates has his face tattooed.

I don't care, and would make no assumptions that he is a scumbag. If the person who tattooed it only met your friend that day and he was 18 at the time, yeah the tattooer is a scumbag.

save the "for all we know" fantasy scenarios; there is no situation that would make the act any less deplorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

A beautiful girl defaced. :(

ah, so you're hung up cause one of your mates has his face tattooed.

I don't care, and would make no assumptions that he is a scumbag. If the person who tattooed it only met your friend that day and he was 18 at the time, yeah the tattooer is a scumbag.

save the "for all we know" fantasy scenarios; there is no situation that would make the act any less deplorable.

I'm not hung up on it at all and thing my friends face tattoo is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

They tattooist in question is no doubt an ass but you and others have attacked him without knowing half the facts. Would you take such issue if she had the same tattoo but done by another tattooist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I think the thing people took issue with bodice-ripper over was more the way she expressed herself, rather than what she was actually trying to get across in her posts.

I hope I'm not being offensive here, as I've taken a few days away from this thread to compose myself instead of doing any angry posting! :pac: But, I think it's just a case of us having different meanings for different words, or perhaps not agreeing with certain perceived comparisons.

Nobody here thinks the man is right to have done what he did. It's completely unethical, no denying that.

The only thing I take issue with is that the girl deserves a share of the blame here. She DID agree to it, for whatever reason. He should not have done it, no doubt about it, but she has free will, too.

Either way, after reading BR's last post, I fully believe that the only issues causing contention here are more miscommunication than actually disagreeing with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Agree with OP, tattoo artist is a scumbag. Defaced an impressionable 18 year old, she'll also an idiot but morally he shouldn't have done that tattoo,no douth about it. He's only interested in the fame, hence why he posted on Facebook 'I've done two of the most famous tattoos in the world'. Yup, that tat artist is a piece of crap.

Advertisement