Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6x48 base screws

Options
  • 01-02-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

anybody any idea where i could get some 6x48 screws ,they are the ones that hold the bases on too the rifle on a remington 700 and most other rifles im led to belive, these are only used in the gunsmithing world so i'm told

i tried brownels in the U.S. but they wont give me a definite rate on the postage till i place the order ,dont want to pay 20-30 euro on $5 worth of screws :mad:
    just looked through the usual european sites and couldnt find anything

only need them as spares so not under pressure ,would just like a few in the box cos "sure as there is ****e in a goose" i'll lose ,snap ,or cross thread the ones i have when i'm playing swop the scope :D:D

ian....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

i placed two orders with brownells for some front sight posts and loctight and the postage was free. i can't say it will be for you, they must know how much of an awesome person i am. no tax either:D:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 willcork

Hi Ianoo,
    I got the same ones from them a couple of years ago and the shipping was only a euro or two. They just stuck them in an envelope and they arrived in the post.
    I did have to file them down slightly because the mounting hole goes all the way through the receiver so they were binding on the bolt, youll see what i mean when you get them. So dont loctite them in untill you have dry fitted everything and the bolt closes smoothly.

Advertisement