Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sports clubs or community groups looking for volunteers?

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hope its ok to post this here.

Have a few hours to spare a week and wouldn't mind getting involved with a sports club or team, I ultimately would like to be involved with promoting sport or physical activity in some shape or form.

I am fully qualified personal trainer and have a degree in exercise and health, if there is anyone involved with clubs or organisations around town where I could put my education to good use, please let me know and i can make contact or send on a cv.

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Do you know who seriously needs help?

The youngest age group (5-9ish) in St Lawrence O'Toole. They have nearly 40+ kids at it weekly for the past two years and they have never had a proper trainer.

The older groups have great help and they have had the same people in charge for years but not the younger ones.

That is my suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You could ask in The Vault. It's an after school club for teens. Maybe even a talk to them about the importance of personal fitness or something.

Advertisement