Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny on BBC with Great British Irish Railway Journeys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Excellent. Thanks a lot for the heads up - looks very interesting I will deffo check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Actually Wednesday @ 6.30 pm BBC 2

KK to Athy stretch...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Waterford and Suirway Valley railway is on BBC1@6:30pm this evening.

Heads up; Kilkenny on now BBC2.

Kilkenny looks well, pity it was raining!! Bagenalstown (ahem, Muine Beag) now. Carlow and Athy.

Damn i missed that part only saw the english countryside part of it :(

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Damn i missed that part only saw the english countryside part of it :(

Say it will be repeated somewhere. Not sure if BBC player is available in Ireland.

I thought it was the same programme on BBC4 but it wasnt :( I've now seen alot of the english countryside:D

Was mainly the Castle and Kilkenny Marble (Harding Fireplaces) that was featured. He didn't stay overnight in KK. Bagenalstown, Milford Mills, Athy (Gordon Bennett Run) also all ffeatured. Countryside looked great on TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just watched it there now. Michael Portillo certainly did make the castle look like it's worth visiting. I actually ended up watching on past the Kilkenny bit.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Just watched it there now. Michael Portillo certainly did make the castle look like it's worth visiting. I actually ended up watching on past the Kilkenny bit.

Portillo was in Kilkenny? Damn, I feel like I've missed out on a really good opportunity to scratch someone off my "punch in the face before I die" list.

• Advertisement

Portillo was in Kilkenny? Damn, I feel like I've missed out on a really good opportunity to scratch someone off my "punch in the face before I die" list.

Wow, great idea...he comes over, films our city and shows it off to an audience of millions in the UK and you want to make him feel welcome by punching him in the face...ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

road_high wrote: »
    Wow, great idea...he comes over, films our city and shows it off to an audience of millions in the UK and you want to make him feel welcome by punching him in the face...ridiculous :rolleyes:

*adds "road high" to list*

Advertisement