Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring Cooker and Hob

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just got gifted a second hand hob for a new house and will get a single oven sorted soon.

I want to wire up both of these myself but i have a few problem

The kitchen has a single isolation unit with i think 6mm2 cable running to the back of the cooker.

What is the procedure for wiring up the cooker and hob correctly?

Should i connect the 6mm2 into some kind of junction box like this?

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/electrical/switches-sockets/white-switches-sockets/connection_units/-specificproducttype-fused_connection_units/MK-Connection-Unit-Cooker-Flex-White-9289777

Then running from here connect separately to cooker and hob?

Also should in run the same size cable from the junction box to the cooker and hob? I know it depends on power output etc... but as a general rule of thumb how are things done?

Another problem i came across is that the hob has no loom or wiring coming out of it. To test it i wired the 6mm2 cable direct in the live 1 connection on the hob.

But only half the hob worked and the hob has Live2. What is the safe and proper way to join the L1 and L2? The terminals do not have enough to feed a second piece of 6mm2 cable into L1 and join to L2.

Are there some of the shelf products available from builders providers to deal with the above issues. Cant seem to find readily available items here in Ireland

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement