Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hot sauce

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for suggestions on which hot sauce is the nicest? I've tried Nando's, Frank's and Lakeshore's and didn't like either of them, it was the horrid strong vinegar taste and smell that I dislike.

I've often gotten marinated wings in the butchers and they have a lovely hot/spicy sauce with no smell or taste of vinegar.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for suggestions on which hot sauce is the nicest? I've tried Nando's, Frank's and Lakeshore's and didn't like either of them, it was the horrid strong vinegar taste and smell that I dislike.

I've often gotten marinated wings in the butchers and they have a lovely hot/spicy sauce with no smell or taste of vinegar.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

I got one in a butchers the other day, its more of a hot chilli sauce.

Not too pushed on it, as I find theres a bit of sourness (rather than the vinegar taste.) I do think it'd be tasty on, say, a doner, with some garlic sauce.

Can't for the life of me think of the name of it, though.

Don't diss Franks around here, though, nectar of the gods. :D It does need cutting with butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Whoop Ass available at Harvey Nicholas in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

I got one in a butchers the other day, its more of a hot chilli sauce.

Not too pushed on it, as I find theres a bit of sourness (rather than the vinegar taste.) I do think it'd be tasty on, say, a doner, with some garlic sauce.

Can't for the life of me think of the name of it, though.

Don't diss Franks around here, though, nectar of the gods. :D It does need cutting with butter.
    +1 for it warm with a bit of butter. Nyom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Im assuming its hot sauce for chicken wings?
    Louisiana hot sauce would be the one used by most restaurants.hard to come by though
    Unhealthy as it sounds, you need to melt a quarter/third of pack of butter gently and then add your hot sauce(franks etc.) and combine to taste.
    once you are happy with sauce pour over deep fried/oven cooked wings. thats how restaurants do it & it will reduce vinegar taste
    you can strain off the sauce and keep in the fridge for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

You could try Mic's? They are an Irish company too http://www.micschilli.ie/inferno_sauces.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Louisiana hot sauce would be the one used by most restaurants.hard to come by though
    Unhealthy as it sounds, you need to melt a quarter/third of pack of butter gently and then add your hot sauce(franks etc.) and combine to taste.
    once you are happy with sauce pour over deep fried/oven cooked wings. thats how restaurants do it & it will reduce vinegar taste

Yeah it is for chicken wings. I have tried melting butter and adding it, but I still get that horrid strong vinegar taste.

Will have a look for Louisiana sauce and Mic's sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think the vinegar is mainly there as a preservative, and maybe to extract stuff while fermenting.

I heat mine in the microwave, the vinegar seems to boil off more. You can also easily neutralise the vinegar/acid with a small pinch of baking soda/bicarbonate of soda/bread soda.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

WRONG..!!

Franks is..! Add vinegar and butter bit of crack black pepper and salt..!! Boom..! For ever Litre of Franks use one stick of butter :):D

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Mics chili sauces are the business. Great to see an Irish company thinking outside the box and giving us something exotic. I love the bad ass artwork on the bottles too.

Advertisement