Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Loss of Service

Options
  • 02-02-2013 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello Everyone,
    My father has a 2yr old philips tv with built in freeview tuner. Because he is based close to the border, the digital switchover caused no problems with loss of channels (i.e: bbc, itv etc...) and of course the freeview tuner also added all the new saorview channels to the lineup.

But in the last two weeks he noticed that every other channel (except saorview) has disappeared. He has not changed anything, and ive tried to re-install all channels again but all it finds are the saorview regulars.

Strangly it now finds the channel id's which it never did before and required individually naming each of the discovered channels.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimbowilson

Probably all the winds we've been getting this last few weeks did something to the aerial setup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

anto1978 wrote: »
    ... But in the last two weeks he noticed that every other channel (except saorview) has disappeared. He has not changed anything, and ive tried to re-install all channels again but all it finds are the saorview regulars.

Have you looked at the bottom of the channel list (the 800s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

^^ this.
    I find Phillips tv 's the most confusing from a. Customers point of view.

Advertisement