Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motors meet thread

Options
  • 02-02-2013 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭

Hello all. (I know this is long, so please bear with me.)

Two things I wish to be addressed if possible.

Number 1

I was in a bit of a heated situation earlier in the motor forum. It was in the meet thread for the Poetrlease meet. I always wished to attend. But couldn’t attend the last two or three meets due to family reasons.

I posted a comment asking where exactly the meat was, just out of curiosity. I did ask where the meet was before, but after looking on google maps earlier for a while I couldn’t find the place. So I thought it was a good idea to ask as I presumed I would get a definite answer from someone that attended a meet previously.

I posted the post in the thread, and then I went into the GTA V as far as I remember, as the release date came out yesterday. So then I read a few posts there and clicked on my “User CP”.

I noticed the thread that I left the post about the motors meet was posted in since I posted in it. I got a reply that was supposed to be funny. There were also a few posts that were really helpful. I quoted these posts and passed back what was supposed to be funny, I also thanked the other members for assisting me. So that was grand.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83004034&postcount=471

Then I got a few replies that I didn’t quite understand which were from a motors mod -Test Transmition. But I replied as best I could (as I thought standing up for myself was the best thing to do), and at this point the thread was getting slighted heated I must be honest.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83004106&postcount=473

Also here posts 473 – post 480 on the following link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056845774&page=32

So I was waiting on a reply, I then went looking at other thread while I was waiting.

I then noticed a reply in that Motor meet thread. So I clicked into it and it was another Motors mod Alanstrainer. So basically doing his job as a mod. Which I didn’t see any problem. So I “Thanked” the post to show that I agreed with him as it was quite clear that the argument was going nowhere and wasn’t worth it. (See following link for this post)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83004558&postcount=481

So I thought it was over which I believed was a good thing, I went back browsing the different threads in After Hours if I remember correctly. So this brings me onto the second thing.

Number 2

I then received a PM from Alanstrainer. I clicked into it and I realized it was a warning for trolling. So being honest, I was genuinely confused as to why I received this warning.
    So I PM’ed Alan back to try and shed some light on this situation. PM is as follows..
    Dear BUBBLE WRAP,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Alanstrainor

Moderator Note

Persistent trolling and derailing threads.

Your post:

How was I trolling may I ask? You just didn't want to see me stand up for myself. I really thought you were sound Alan. Appears I was wrong..

I'm not here to be "sound". I'm here to do what's best for the forum, and enjoy the motors forum.

Posts like yours in that instance are ruining the whole forum. Please think before posting in the future.

If I acted like TT did and called someone an "Attention seeker" would I have been banned? Of course I would. It's not hard to see who's side your on Alan.

I will not be responding to any more of your PMs.

The post that stopped the argument was posted at. 18:34. I then received the warning at 19:41. So that is 2 hours and 15 minutes between both Alans post in the thread and the Warning I received for trolling. I’m just wonder why it was left that late and I am also very confused as to why I got the warning in the first place. As already mentioned I asking a genuine question. Lastly I was really confused to see the PM's ending with "I will not be responding to any more of your PMs."

Thanks a million for your time everyone.

BUBBLE WRAP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi BW

I'm going to be dealing with this.

Please give me until after the weekend though, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks

Micky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

That's perfect Mickey, Thanks a million. It's much appreciated. :)

Hi BW,

I have had a really good look over this and have put a lot of thought into it.

The reason the warning was slow coming was that it was being actively discussed in the Motor Mod forum. The warning will stand as it was deserved.

I am going to be straight up with you, you are discussed in the Motor mod forum far too much for my liking. Your posting style has been questioned time and time again. A lot of people claiming you are a low level troll. . The motor mods have received many complaints about you and I have seen more then enough examples to tend to agree with them.

Many of your posts are disruptive to threads. This can not and will not be allowed to continue. Here is my suggestion which I think you should take on board. Read what other people say, think about how you will respond. If in doubt, leave it out. I can't have forum regulars or mods being constantly aghast at your behaviour.

I will be keeping a close on eye on this from here on. If you continue the way you are going, I will remove your access to the forum.

Please take my words in the spirit I've intended. The motor forum is a cracking place to be. If you want to stay there, you will have to be more of a team player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ah right, thanks anyway mickey for looking into it.

Would it be Okay to drop you a PM on this subject.

Of course. Any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement