Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Landline

Options
  • 02-02-2013 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the cheapest landline for Sky TV and hoping eircom is not the only option..

*mods please move if this is the not the right place for this query

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

How many calls do you make?

Do you need broadband on it or have you broadband through something else(eg upc)?

What exactly will you need it for?

You will get ripped off with eircom. They are the biggest crowd of bull****ters I've ever dealt with. Even though other providers resell under eircom wholesale you will get much better customer service.

Line rental is €20.96 + VAT per month with any provider for a physical landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

It's for my brother. I have UPC in my place. No need for calls or broadband, he just needs the landline for Sky, Multiroom I believe.

I thought it would cost that much but I was hoping for a cheaper solution. Thanks for the reply.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you want a physical landline he has no option but to pay €20.96. UPC can give you a phone service for less with your broadband or something like Blueface would be able to as well. Call costs are a lot less then Eircom too.

Advertisement