Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM dialler "NOT REGISTERED" message for SIM?

• 02-02-2013 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello
    Maybe someone here can help me.
    In summary: How do I make a HKC GSM dialler recognise the installed SIM card. I am getting a “NOT REGISTERED” message. Details Below

Many thanks for any help
    Hugh

I have a HKC SW1070 alarm with HKC GMS panel (Software MAR10 V3.00) installed the old rural unoccupied family home to try to provide some type of security.
    However I cannot get the GSM dialler to function. It’s all connected correctly, I can get to the GSM dialler menu and everything looks perfect, but the unit does not recognise the SIM card, as best I can figure out. It did work once on installation 2 years ago, but as I recall the card ran out of credit and no one looked at it since.
    So I drove there yesterday to finally sort this out, a new SIM card with credit, all the manuals, and a full day.
    In the phone, the GSM card (O2) is showing full signal, and has credit, makes calls, etc
    I place the GSM card in the dialler unit, go to GSM MENU SETTING->RESET GSM LINE and I get a message “NOT REGISTERED”
    There is no PIN on the SIM card. I put the PUK into the menu item in the GSM menu (is this necessary?)
    I also reset the power supply (by disconnecting the 12v power supply) to GSM dialler to see if this would make it see the SIM card.
    Comms to the dialler are fine, and I can program numbers to be dialled, etc,
    There are indicator led’s on the GSM board
    GSM Status LED: red flash x 3 = No GSM signal (but with SIM in Phone the mobile I have full signal)
    Panel COMMS: Green
    Obvious one is to try another SIM card, but it’s the middle of nowhere and I did not have another card with me :(

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

fortyplus wrote: »
    Obvious one is to try another SIM card, but it’s the middle of nowhere and I did not have another card with me :(

Borrow one from your phone & try it. Just to eliminate or confirm the sim as the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭fortyplus

KoolKid wrote: »
    Borrow one from your phone & try it. Just to eliminate or confirm the sim as the problem.

For sure, but I was cursing the iPhone micro-sim Vs standard SIM in the alarm unit...

I will go equipped with 3 standard SIM cards the next day....:mad:

Does "Not Registereed" just mean the unit does not recognise the SIM?
    Maybe my HKC unit was faulty from day one?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The unit does need to power up with the SIM in place for it to initialize.
    Id say that the SIM is not registeri on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭fortyplus

KoolKid wrote: »
    The unit does need to power up with the SIM in place for it to initialize.
    Id say that the SIM is not registeri on the network.

Thanks for that clarification. Annoying how everything seems clearer when you are 140 miles away and have looked through all the evdence after a frustrating 4 hours going through menu options.
    Hugh

Advertisement