Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Heating - Rockbrook, Sandyford

Options
  • 02-02-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,

Moved into new apartment yesterday, signed gas account over to my name for gas and electricity. However, today I am unable to get the gas working which means no heating or hot water.

I have followed all the instructions I have been given :

- The valve is turned ON
    - The Boiler is ON, but I haven't
    touched this.
    - The thermostat on the wall is a bit
    loose but the display is working fine
    and I've tried setting up timer etc

I rang Bord Gais this morning and they said everything is fine on their end. Really is a massive nuisance. Just wondering if anyone here may have an idea of what else I could try?? - desperate to get this working.

Or if anyone lives in the area that may be able to fix it and wants to make a few bob on a Sat then let me know,

Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Moved into new apartment yesterday, signed gas account over to my name for gas and electricity. However, today I am unable to get the gas working which means no heating or hot water.

I have followed all the instructions I have been given :

- The valve is turned ON
    - The Boiler is ON, but I haven't
    touched this.
    - The thermostat on the wall is a bit
    loose but the display is working fine
    and I've tried setting up timer etc

I rang Bord Gais this morning and they said everything is fine on their end. Really is a massive nuisance. Just wondering if anyone here may have an idea of what else I could try?? - desperate to get this working.

Or if anyone lives in the area that may be able to fix it and wants to make a few bob on a Sat then let me know,

Thanks

If bord Gais say the supply is on follow these steps:
    #1. If you can access your metre position (usually in the car park area of apt.#s or externally mounted on your block) - open the metre box, ensure valve (yellow handle ) is in open position.

#2. On the under side of the boiler (where pipes go in and out) there should be an isolation valve - yellow for gas, ensure this is open & 2 valves beside usually black, ensure these are open for water supply to boiler appliance.

#3. You mentioned the boiler is on (the power switch is set to 1 / 0 ) if its on 1, the boiler is on, but if no lights / power lights or noise comes from boiler look for an electrical isolation switch near by to the boiler position. It will look like a light switch. If this is on - electrical supply to the boiler should make some lights come on.

#4. Timer - put timer on constant, or advance / boost if a digital timer. Do this for both timer zones (heat - CH & hot water HW).

#5. Thermostats, ensure these are up at 30 deg. - tho its unlikely these are preventing it from firing.

If you problem still persists, boiler might be getting a low pressure reading & you will have to call a RGI gas fitter to re commission and ensure the water pressure is correct.
    I would advise against getting an un qualified plumber to go messing with your boiler.
    rgds,
    mike f

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JoeCole26

Thanks Mike. Called a plumber in the end and he fixed it. Nice to be able to have a warm shower again.

Thanks for your help however, appreciated

Advertisement