Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 25 Match Day Thread.....

• 02-02-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭

Early start for QPR V Norwich.....

Plenty will be watching having gambled on Samba already........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Early start for QPR V Norwich.....

Plenty will be watching having gambled on Samba already........
    I prefer this thread cos it says GW25 instead of Gameweek 25 :D
    Meanwhile I have had Felliani captained for last 2 days but the Finger is over RVP again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Not sure who to captain. I'll chicken out in the end I'd say and captain RVP. For some reason I have a bad feeling about this week.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 match day threads? There must be something epic going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

will be looking to see if puncheon starts if not will need to get rid of him with GW27 in mind. Aguero grabbing a goal or two would also be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Played my WC and took the punt on Samba. I'll be watching the QPR game with a lot of interest as I've Taarabt as well. Having been debating about Michu or RVP for captain I went with RVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Has Mata been confirmed ok to play? His yellow flag has disappeared.

ye think i read somewhere that rafa said he was fine.

Going for captain Walcott over Mata, Baines and Fellaini...

Threeo Walcott better turn up today and not Uh-oh Walcott...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wobbling on RVP...........dangerous time to be looking at your team

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sticking worth RVP as well,he is due a goal or 3 today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Rooney seems to be under the radar big time, ok he's off penos, but after 2 the last day, he could go on 1 of his runs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

going with:
    Federici
    Evra Luiz Demel
    Bale Walcott Fellaini(c) Mata
    Rvp Sturridge Giroud

pretty confident of a decent score

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right, Doubled up on Reading defense today simply because I feel Fed will get more than Mignolet and because I fely Harte might get simething attackwise.

Federici
    Samba - Zabaleta - Harte
    Bale - Walcott - Michu - Mata
    Ba - RVP (c) - Sturridge

If it goes right, I'm sure I'll be called lucky. :D

Come on Samba you fcuking beast of a man. Up for that ball. Go on ya big boll!x etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think doubling up on Reading could be a profitable decision.

roryc will throw a wobbly if it pays off and Man City concede as expected though.

I went for
    Bego
    Samba Zab Harte
    Gerrard Walcott Taar Michu
    Giroud RVP(C) Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

chickened out on Samba due to wanting to get a City and Liverpool defender next week.

my gut said get him, so I'm gonna be annoyed at myself when he rips it up. on the off chance he fails, I'll pat myself on the back for my restraint :)

kept my team the same.

captain RVP.

Just hope Bale decides not to have a huge week this week,as each GW passes he gets further away from my team so hoping this is not the week he kills me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I changed my mind & went Captain Bale over Walcott....

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR
    #QPR XI: Cesar; Fabio, Samba, Hill, Traore, SWP, Derry, Mbia, Townsend, Taarabt, Mackie. #QPRvNOR

Fabio and Samba of definate interest here......

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC
    #ncfc XI: Bunn, Martin, Johnson, Bassong, Turner, Snodgrass, Holt (C), Pilkington, Hoolahan, Garrido, Tettey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Was going to put Harte in defense instead of Azpil but chickened out and went for Azpil. Kind of hoping he doesn't get any game time now

Made a last minute decision to switch captain from RVP to Giroud.

He's Giroud Giroud
    He's bigger than me or you
    He always scores one or two
    He's Giroud Giroud!!

• Advertisement

Cesar; Fabio, Samba, Hill, Traore, SWP, Derry, Mbia, Townsend, Taarabt, Mackie.

Ugh, i brought in Onuoha with my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Cesar; Fabio, Samba, Hill, Traore, SWP, Derry, Mbia, Townsend, Taarabt, Mackie.

Ugh, i brought in Onuoha with my wildcard.

I brought him in last night. Toss-up between him and Hill, went with the wrong option :mad:

Why did ye not get Fabio in,4.2,a bargain

I had to go with a defender worth 4.1 or less.

I thought Fabios place was under more threat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Could be a huge rush for Townsend in the next few weeks, I'm committed to my current 5 man midfield until GW26 starts then I'll probably offload Gerrard for Townsend and upgrade Pog to a form striker

dahat wrote: »
    Why did ye not get Fabio in,4.2,a bargain

Onuoha had played the last five games or so, in which they have looked defensively solid, while Fabio has been in and out of the side in various positions. Fingers crossed they ship 3 or 4 today.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Could be a huge rush for Townsend in the next few weeks, I'm committed to my current 5 man midfield until GW26 starts then I'll probably offload Gerrard for Townsend and upgrade Pog to a form striker

yep will be keeping an eye on him if he's a regular starter. lots going for Samba but loathe to pay 5m for a QPR defender

Glad to see Big Chris in there for his debut :D no Remy though, is he injured?

I think doubling up on Reading could be a profitable decision.

roryc will throw a wobbly if it pays off and Man City concede as expected though.

Not lucky at all, I had Harte and Fed in until last night but when I worked out my next few transfers I realised that the best course of action for me was to get rid of Cameron now for Zab at a 4 point hit, despite City having a tough run. Now that I have Zab I can't play Harte over him, despite the fact I think he could get something from the game. I'm expecting City and Reading to both concede. What will annoy me is if Stoke keep a clean sheet this week after all the faith I've had in them up until now.

Samba's a good shout, I'd go for him but not sure how I can fit him in. Great transfer if he gets returns. You seem to think every good move you make will be called lucky by me! When you are lucky then you should know this yourself! I'm hoping for some luck in the form of a clean sheet today. I don't care who it's from, a clean sheet is equivalent to a lottery win for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Glad to see Big Chris in there for his debut :D no Remy though, is he injured?

According to PhysioRoom on Twitter he is. Not sure what the problem is.

S.M.B this is not helping our similar teams debate, I was planning on bringing in Onouha for Demel! No idea why he's been dropped today but I guess I'll need to look at Clyne now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Huge rush for Townsend? Pretty average player whenever I've seen him.

roryc wrote: »
    S.M.B this is not helping our similar teams debate, I was planning on bringing in Onouha for Demel! No idea why he's been dropped today but I guess I'll need to look at Clyne now
    It was between Clyne, Shaw and Onouha for me. Brought Clyne in before his price rise the sold him for Onouha last night.

Still can't see if he's on the bench or not, I'm hoping it's a minor knock/illness that's kept him out.

just realized luiz is out this week. nuts. means i'll be doubled up on Reading. with Gibbs also out i may struggle to field a full defense. Demel Pearce and Evra my only available

Went with Davies over Demel, even though Swans are away. Demel is crap, and West Ham are poor right now. Really rate this Davies kid, good natural ability, always willing to move forward.

• Advertisement

I'm actually hoping Newcastle hold Chelsea today, need a good defensive performance ahead of next week as I'm debating dropping Bale for Gerrard for the DGW. Seeing what Arsenal did to Newcastle earlier in the season has me worried though, Bale has the ability to run riot. Would like to see him pick up a niggling injury in the 85th minute today which sees him rested next week.

Dempsey wrote: »

if puncheon doesnt start today ill be getting townsend in for him for my cheap 5th mid.

Yep Stevie G in for me next week aswell. Doubt Spurs will do what Arsenal did to Newcastle, think they will turn a corner now with all the new signings and a win in midweek.

This is what I'm hoping for! I still want Bale to do well this week but draw a blank next...

Onouha isn't on the bench so hopefully he'll be back in the first team next week. I'm not bothered about him missing todays game. I just need my 3 cheapies playing in 2 gameweeks time when Swansea/Pool aren't.

Hopefully Pog keeps his place too. If both don't play this week then it really ****s up the whole plan i put into place with my wildcard.

• Advertisement

It was between Clyne, Shaw and Onouha for me. Brought Clyne in before his price rise the sold him for Onouha last night.

Still can't see if he's on the bench or not, I'm hoping it's a minor knock/illness that's kept him out.

He is injured and not on the bench according to BBC.

Demel will come in for me, to join Jaas in goals so hoping for a West Ham clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Time for my wildcard warriors to rip up GW25

Bunn
    Zab/Samba/Dawson
    Walcott/Mata/Bale/De Guzman
    RVP(c)/Sturridge/Giroud

Sub:Beg,Davies/Kebe/Harte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pilkington subbed 23 mins

Mbia yello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hearing Cazorla is out of today . His uncle died so gone home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had to go with a defender worth 4.1 or less.

I thought Fabios place was under more threat too.

I was looking at him or Hill but luckily went with Hill.

Checked some of the QPR message boards and they said Hill would definitely play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

should've brought in Samba.

Norwich ain't scoring.

*jinx jinx jinx*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Penalty save from Bunn, who's on my bench.

Tarrabt pen saved by Bunn

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Nice for those with bunn; brought Samba in last night; the winning goal from a corner/free kick and 15 points would be ok...

• Advertisement
Advertisement