Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€553 for two months

Options
  • 02-02-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering if this bill is high? It's for gas and electricity for December and January. Myself my wife and my baby daughter live in a 3 bed terraced house. We had visitors staying with us over Christmas and therefore consumed more energy at this time.
    Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,469 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes my bill was over €200 - the last one was €140, which was high, but we have some extra equipment running.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭davekdk

looksee wrote: »
    Yes my bill was over €200 - the last one was €140, which was high, but we have some extra equipment running.
    cheers for the reply. I should have mentioned, this is for 2 months with Airtricity. Are these figures you gave for gas and electricity for one month or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

davekdk wrote: »
    Hi, I am just wondering if this bill is high? It's for gas and electricity for December and January. Myself my wife and my baby daughter live in a 3 bed terraced house. We had visitors staying with us over Christmas and therefore consumed more energy at this time.
    Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Hi davekdk,

It's always good to check if any previous readings were estimated; sometimes this can lead to significant jumps in consumption if previous bills were underestimated. Add to this the expected seasonal increase in usage and you have a recipe for a high bill.

Irrespective of what supplier you're with, you can enter your own readings online with ESB Networks (who read meters on behalf of all suppliers); this can be a good habit to get into (the best time to do this is roughly a week before the expected arrival of a bill). Electric Ireland customers can submit readings via their online account, via our app, or on our website here. In order to get better control over your usage, you might also be interested in downloading our Appliance Calculator App for Android/iOS (also a web-app).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

Advertisement