Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky hub firewall preventing people connecting to my torrents

• 02-02-2013 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Does anyone know how I can allow people to connect to my torrent client?? I'm able to download but I can't seed any torrents. I've tried port forwarding but noting is happening.

With Eircom's Zyxel router, you could just lower the firewall and let your torrents seed all night, but Sky's hub doesn't seem to have this option. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Have you tried enabling the Upnp option to see if that made any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check that it doesnt have the UPNP external vulnerability before enabling it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

It was already enabled when I looked at it. However I initially turn it off when I found it after reading your posts. I've switch it on and off and it doesn't seem top be making a difference.

Here's: a screenshot of that page on my hub:

250nvo3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

ED E wrote: »
    Check that it doesnt have the UPNP external vulnerability before enabling it!

Some users over at the skyuser forum have tested this router for the upnp vulnerability and it is secure.

you could set your PC as a dmz but you would want to make sure it is secure. Otherwise if you know what ports your torrents are using you could set some inbound firewall rules.

Advertisement