Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Severe Wintry Conditions With Strong Winds. (High Risk-Ulster, Connaught)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

kkel wrote: »
    I just checked and my location is 144 feet ASL

44 meters, hardly high ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

For the love of god.. temps would ya just drop..:(:(

Waterford...rain temp 4.2c DP 1.9c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just plain old rain here. 3.2c DP 1.4c

aurora 527 wrote: »

Bet its snowing at the Fairy Bush :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

aurora 527 wrote: »

how low would it have to go for snow? id even take sleet now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Mega hailstones here right beside the Mayo coast, but not sticking so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Rain here too in Limerick :(

Temp 3.1
    D. P. 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

whitebriar wrote: »
    could you post a link to something to back up that statement?I suspect,it's your misunderstanding.

Showers are so far easily making their way east.
    If they fall later as snow in the west,they'll do the same in the east.
    Had 2 showers so far this evening that delivered the rain equivalent of an inch and a half of snow.

Met eireann regional forecast. Snow accumulations mainly on high ground for leinster

jo06555 wrote: »
    how low would it have to go for snow? id even take sleet now :rolleyes:

DP of zero needed really, lower air temp will help towards it sticking of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kkel

44 meters, hardly high ground!
    That's what I thought too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Starting to snow in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Rain with bits of sleet here in D14. Temp 3.4C and dropping. DP is 1C.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Snowing quite heavy now in suncroft co kildare roofs of cars turning white:D
    strong wind also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Snowing heavily in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

dp o temp 2.1 no reason for the snow not to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lying on the ground here now

* Me that is, kinda tired

paddy ocon wrote: »
    dp o temp 2.1 no reason for the snow not to fall

No precip would be a reason :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Looking at the radar it looks as if the East has got the best there gonna get in terms of precip being widespread as it has been the last hour or two. Showers coming in from the west look much more scattered now. Hopefully they build overland into larger bands again but I'd say it'll be hit or miss for me whether showers hit here or not by the time the last of the precip currently overhead clears!

Still though had a nice bit of sleet and wet snowflakes, which trounced anything in the last 'cold' spell! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

ZX7R wrote: »
    Snowing quite heavy now in suncroft co kildare roofs of cars turning white:D
    strong wind also

All I'm seeing is stars by the Curragh, clear sky !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Very wet snow here in Kilkenny town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Bit of a break from showers here for a bit so hoping the clear sky will help temps to drop. Still at 2 with DP of 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Sleet Rain Snow Ice pellets all coming down now in strong winds. D14.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

John.Icy wrote: »
    Looking at the radar it looks as if the East has got the best there gonna get in terms of precip being widespread as it has been the last hour or two. Showers coming in from the west look much more scattered now. Hopefully they build overland into larger bands again but I'd say it'll be hit or miss for me whether showers hit here or not by the time the last of the precip currently overhead clears!

Still though had a nice bit of sleet and wet snowflakes, which trounced anything in the last 'cold' spell! :)

So people in the East can go to bed now , safe in the knowledge they will not have any snow cover in the morning? :D

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Not wrote: »
    All I'm seeing is stars by the Curragh, clear sky !
    Showers are rattling through quickly ,last two showers lasted 15/20 mins ,my sister lives outside athy snowing there also

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain just turned a haily/sleety/graupely mix all of a sudden and gave the cars a quick coating. 2.5c DP 1.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

sarah101 wrote: »
    Snowing now in north kilkenny.

Yeah, seen some of that snow.

Current temperature 1.3C, DP -0.8C, wind chill -4.4C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

ZX7R wrote: »
    Showers are rattling through quickly ,last two showers lasted 15/20 mins ,my sister lives outside athy snowing there also

I just looked a the radar, the showers are racing across so fast they are crossing entire counties in 15 minutes ! Probably just missed that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Blizzard conditions on my home from work from Ballina to Castlebar at around 8pm. Roads had turned white in places, showers are not lasting long and stuff is melting after shower finishes..Mix of snow and hail now in Castlebar with strong wids, not much sticking though during the showers..The showers are fairly localised on the 25 miles I drove, some sections of road were white and others had nothing but then the terrain varies alot along the route. Temps were around 1.5C then and dropped rapidly to 0C during he showers...Will get worse as the night goes on as this is only the front edge of the cold air..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Thunder, lightening, strong winds and light snow here in Co. Limerick..not sticking though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭maherball

Just back from training in Ratoath, sprints in what I would describe a blizzard. But in reality is very very wet snow with wind, not cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement