Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Severe Wintry Conditions With Strong Winds. (High Risk-Ulster, Connaught)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Snowing here this last half hour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

And another lovely shower here in Rathangan. Cant say when this one started, was too busy hitting F5 to look out the window. :D:D
    Fairly heavy and huge dry flakes. Really good covering now, and no, I am not going outside in my pjs to write my name in the snow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

Blogger50 wrote: »
    And another lovely shower here in Rathangan. Cant say when this one started, was too busy hitting F5 to look out the window. :D:D
    Fairly heavy and huge dry flakes. Really good covering now, and no, I am not going outside in my pjs to write my name in the snow. :D

now you see that is going to make me stay up as i am not too far

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

And why not?

I did! Twas a great thrill! (and bloody freezing to boot) LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Thunder lightning and snow near tullamore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Do it, if you don't you didn't have snow:p

Anyone from Donegal/Mayo still up?

looks like heavy stuff on its way or just arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Wow the snow bunnies have woken up, 12.26am and 520 people in this forum:D

7NPdi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Recent heavy snow shower in west Wexford @ 440 ft asl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good spells of sleet here in castlebar in the last half hour, nothing looks like sticking though, hopefully we get some proper flakes tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

The Cork snow shield is down. I repeat Cork snow shield is down.....
    Hooray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hooray

yup, staring out the window, expecting lightening at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just sleet here in castlebar, but better than anything we have had all night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

1.3c here and clear now in D14. DP is -3c and dropping... :)

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temps have risen a tad here now, I expect most if not all of this covering to be gone in the morning :(

P.S you see if this was coming from the east we wouldnt have to worry about it melting!!!!!!! :P Westerly Snow pffttt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

There seems to be nothing here (Mayo Coast) between hail showers, but then I'm literally a five minute walk from the sea, so don't expect much.

The hail that's falling is starting to stick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

pad199207 wrote: »
    Temps have risen a tad here now, I expect most if not all of this covering to be gone in the morning :(

P.S you see if this was coming from the east we wouldnt have to worry about it melting!!!!!!! :P Westerly Snow pffttt! :D

Pad I'm sure you will receive plenty of top ups tonight.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Showers appear to be rapidly evaporating now before they reach the east coast.

Maybe we are in the Isle of Achill Shadow:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Just had another snow shower in Kildare, but this showed no signs of sticking. Just not heavy enough. The reported covering from the previous one melted off the road almost immediately that shower ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So I get me hopes up for snow and its clear skies now just got a little taste and its gone
    How's it look for rest of the night in Dublin? More to come???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Jeez thats a tight job if Cork and Dublin are getting snow from this and Im not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DanRu

South Wexford 100m ASL. Snowing heavy last 20 mins. Started wet n slushy but has gained its composure now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

blanch is like lapland (i wish)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hooray

& the Radar at Shannon was down at the same time, coincidence ? I think not

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Deank wrote: »
    Do it, if you don't you didn't have snow:p

I'm not biting :D Too cosy at the fire. I have been heading to bed for over an hour now and somehow every time I see a flake I keep throwing another briquette on the fire!

I am happy enough seeing my first bit of snow out my window since the mighty 2010 even if I do have to drive to Dun Laoghaire in the morning :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Pangea wrote: »
    Jeez thats a tight job if Cork and Dublin are getting snow from this and Im not.
    only a tiny part of Dublin has got snow, it all seems to be on high ground around the southern outskirts of the city.
    Its been clear and starry all evening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

only a tiny part of Dublin has got snow, it all seems to be on high ground around the southern outskirts of the city.
    Its been clear and starry all evening here.

Hopefully this next batch will have something in it for most of Dublin if it doesn't break up, we'll know in about 15/30 mins for sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It is snowing here again and I'm off to bed.

Stay?

Go?

Go?

Stay?

Gotta get up in the morning and keep thinking ok just another 15 minutes.....

At this rate it'll be 3am!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

DanRu wrote: »
    South Wexford 100m ASL. Snowing heavy last 20 mins. Started wet n slushy but has gained its composure now!!!
    South fecking Wexford?! Nowhere's safe from this precipitation and this is not long after midnight...

This kind of weather should more or less continue overnight albeit with less activity after 6am (at least until the sun beefs up convection again). Also, more places along the west coast WILL begin to see increasingly snowy stuff falling over the next few hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement