Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to Wear ??

• 02-02-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

What do most people wear under their Textlie Trousers & jacket when riding ??

Are jeans & jumper appropriate or should I go commando !!:D

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I wear shorts and T-shirt. I'd be far too warm in jeans under textiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In winter I wear thermal top and bottoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Do you guys bring a change of clothes and shoes with you going to work etc or just go about your business in your gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I wear thin leggings under textile pants. I find that even if it's freezing you still get hot in them and the lining is like a sleeping bag and gets stuck to your legs. Just wear long sleeved top under the jacket.

I work in a solicitor's office so I bring my work clothes in a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wear what ever YOU find comfortable...if you find that your PJ's make you feel better on a bike wear them.

In the cold cold days I wear the RST thermal top and bottoms under the textiles, and I take the linings out and use a wind stopper and breathable ski jacket and the difference is huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I always take out one layer from the textile pants and wear jeans or combats aswell. Under the jacket its usually just a tshirt.

Although on work days i just wear my trousers and shirt under the gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

In winter I wear thermal top and bottoms.

Snap, just bring a pair of jeans in my back pack to change into, and I always keep a spare jacket in my office.

Though I should keep a spear pair of jeans, the odd time I forget them I have to spend the day in my leathers.

Edit: Also always have a pair of docs or shoes in the office to change into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I ride to work with all my work clothes on under the textiles.

Its fine most of the time. On very hot days in the summer I'll bring my work clothes in a bag and change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I wear a textlie jacket and pants. The jacket has removable inner lining so to make it lighter and much better for hot days. I just wear them all day really, but alot of the time I will wear jeans under my textile pants and I can just pop off the textiles whenever if im not in a place where I can get changed easily. I wish I didnt have to wear so much crap though :( But I know the one day I go out without wearing all my gear something will happen .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

I ride to work with all my work clothes on under the textiles.

This. Wear it over normal trousers and shirt, and take the gear off as I get to work. I leave formal shoes at work. Easy. On casual fridays, in the peak of summer, jeans under the textiles might be a bit warm, but I just go faster. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It all depends. Going in and out of work, 25 minute commute I wear jeans, same with going somewhere when I'll need to change into normal clothes.
    On a longer spin or touring the thermals underneath is a great job, very comfortable. Always wear some sort of top under the jacket too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

used to:

wear jeans under textiles going to work. change in work and wear boots all day.

sunny summer days, just jeans.

all I can say now is atgatt

Sometimes I wear womens pants and a bra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Long John's are the way to go when its freezing out there!

long-johns.jpg

During the summer...a little nsfw

Mankini-borat-1116041_554_700.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

wear jeans, t-shirts which is most comfortable

Cienciano wrote: »
    Sometimes I wear womens pants and a bra

I can imagine the panties you wear...the big Mrs Brown jobs where you have to pull them down just to scratch your nipples. YA DURTY FECKER!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I can imagine the panties you wear...the big Mrs Brown jobs where you have to pull them down just to scratch your nipples. YA DURTY FECKER!

You're imagining the pants I wear? And I'm the durty fecker!

:D:cool:

Cienciano wrote: »
    You're imagining the pants I wear? And I'm the durty fecker!

:D:cool:

I would be the luckiest man alive if you DID IT for me, truely. Go sell crazy somewhere else, were all stocked up here!!!!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I would be the luckiest man alive if you DID IT for me, truely. Go sell crazy somewhere else, were all stocked up here!!!!
    :p

PMSL!

Jack-Nicholson-As-Good-as-It-Gets.2.jpg

PMSL!

Jack-Nicholson-As-Good-as-It-Gets.2.jpg

One of the Best films ever to be made.......:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I got a load of under armour from TK Maxx, great prices and keep me toasty under the textiles

Join Ireland Weather Network

thecivvie wrote: »
    I got a load of under armour from TK Maxx, great prices and keep me toasty under the textiles

As in hard armour or cold and warm layers....

Keep an eye out in lidl, they do merino wool thermal layer top and bottoms for a good price. I spent about 50 quid a piece for hellie Hanson ones.
    Although, they do make a massive difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

When Im going to work Im normally just wear my slacks and shirt on underneath. Mind you id only be on the bike for 15 minutes tops.

When Im in college I normally wear tracksuit bottoms and a jumped under my textiles. The Tracksuit bottoms are so comfy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

As in hard armour or cold and warm layers....

Cold and warm and they should have ski socks in, they are comfy

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement