Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap copies of classic novels, where?

• 02-02-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for copies of a list of classic novels including 'Pride and Prejudice' 'Animal Farm' 'Wuthering Heights' , is there anywhere in Carlow town where I might pick up such titles, perhaps second hand, for less than the RRP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

emalou wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for copies of a list of classic novels including 'Pride and Prejudice' 'Animal Farm' 'Wuthering Heights' , is there anywhere in Carlow town where I might pick up such titles, perhaps second hand, for less than the RRP?

You could try the bookshop in the Carlow Shopping Centre (Superquinn one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 teddymc

I'm sure if they don't have it in the bookshop they could get it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The library has books for sale just inside the front door, or askea parish centre sells 2nd hand books too. Not sure if they ll have what your after but worth a nosey plus they only charge a euro so so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

charity shops - they are a load of them around the town. Go poking through them. The charity nearly Benetton is particularly good for books. And so is the Holy Angels Charity Warehouse in Graigue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Hi,

Hi, I'm pretty sure they are all in the charity shop on Dublin St.

facebook search - sue Ryder charity shop carlow

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pauls Bookshop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Probably not much use but they're all free to download onto kindle at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

highly1111 wrote: »
    Probably not much use but they're all free to download onto kindle at the moment.

they are available free in every format. Go to projectgutenberg - search for what you want and then pick the file format you want.

PDF format can be read on the computer if you don't have a e-reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

Where is Pauls Bookshop?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Emalou, Paul's is gone for years. Never mind that crew.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hi,

Easons in Fairgreen have classic books for i think €3? Its a small stand at the end of the history stand. Im sure they could order them in for you too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Soul Trader on Dublin Street has a collection of Books aswell as comics, vinyl records, cd's and dvd's and numerous other things. Great shop

Advertisement