Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed CAO Deadline

Options
  • 02-02-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I was helping mam apply through CAO only to find out she missed the deadline. Can mature students apply through late applications? Specifically UCD Arts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

From what I can see in the UCD guideline I don't think there's late application for Matures to CAO for Arts. http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/UCD%20Mature%20Students%202012%2023102012.pdf

Did she also apply to MSAP for the assessment test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Yes, Msap applied for but hadn't put in a course. i think they dont accept mature applications as the supporting documentation is require. I wonder if she could sit the test, talk to ucd and put in supporting docs and interview with them, then apply via late route?

Supporting documentation is pretty standard for Mature application. I checked the UCD mature applicants guide and it says nothing about late application to Mature Arts in UCD whereas it does specify late application to other courses. You need to check with UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Ronan Murphy is the mature student advisor for UCD. He might be able to help you. Info here

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I would contact the admissions office of the college to find out.

• Advertisement

Thank you all, we are not too late!

In case anyone else is in the same boat... she had contacted and they said no late mature entries but I started emailing around on her behalf. Because she had registered for the CAO but we forgot to put a course, the change of mind is still open as it still counts as an application. Furthermore they sent me stuff re non-mature entry and if you have a leaving cert and can matriculate you can be assessed on that route also, and she has the points for all the last few years as far as I can tell, so even if she is unsuccessful at mature entry stage she has a second chance with the results.

Thats great Sala. Hope she gets what she wants.
    :)

Shows how important it is to talk to the colleges. ;)

Yes its brilliant, supporting docs ready, now all she has to is sit the msap, which appears harder than I thought it would be,.

Fingers crossed and for all you guys too, I'm getting stressed out and its not even me going to college!

Advertisement