Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emoticons missing

Options
  • 02-02-2013 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

When I post on ongoing threads I can't seem to see my emoticons (could be because technically I'm a numptie) but I can see them now when posting this new thread? What am I doing wrong? thx for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have you an example of one of the threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

this one now. As I'm posting this, there is now no emoticons for me to click on. I'm assuming they are kept above where I'm typing this, ie. near the bold, underline, etc keys? Am I looking in the wrong spot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So they're not showing in the editor? Can you post a screenshot?

I'm going for a run - any chance you could just log in as me AK333 and add them on? I haven't a clue and I'm sure you have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon, like watching the rugby, than talking me through IT stuff, thx its not the end of the world, I can live without them but I like to use them if I can thx

For the screenshot, check point 10 on here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

• Advertisement

Sorry spear if I don't know how to screen shot I'm never going to know what an URL is? I've looked it up but don't know how to http from a word doc??? I'm surprised that this sort of thing hasn't happened before. Maybe an admin can just log in and change it. thx this is getting way too complicated.

If you've got the screenshot saved as a file, then follow the prompts on a site like wthax.org, and it'll give the resulting things to copy into here.

Admins/mods cannot log into your account.

Spear

got it my computer forum - I have to post reply rather than quick reply.

Thanks for your patience - unfortunately I have no techie knowledge so didn't have a clue what you were suggesting. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

:D:D:D:D:D:D :p:p

Only full reply has the full controls, which is what the screenshot would have shown me. But you can still enter them as text in the quick reply box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement