Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 26 transfers

• 02-02-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

A lot of people will be looking at bringing in Gerrard and possibly even Liverpool defenders after this weekend.

I'm looking at Bale - Gerrard and back again next week. Will still leave me with Suarez, Michu and Davies forced onto the bench the following week though, and with players like Demel and Pog not guaranteed a game it's a bit of a gamble for me wasting two weeks transfers to get Gerrard in. It's a risky move to not have Gerrard that week imo...

Another option is Tremmel, if Vorm is still injured.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

He scores from 40 yards..... Stevie Gerrard, Gerrard!

Although I have 2 Swans players and 2 Pool already. Could be in trouble the following week as Pool and Swansea have no game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like we're on the same page again.

I plan on doing Fellaini -> Gerrard -> Silva leaving me with Davies, Michu and Sturridge the following week.

Are teams are after diverging a little now I played my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Ba to Sturridge for me I reckon. Even though Sturridge didn't score v arsenal I was impressed with his movement and pace. He will get chances and is a decent finisher.

Kept faith with Ba for the Newcastle game as I reckon he can grab a goal or two..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thankfully Onouha didn't play so I won't be bringing him into my team now so there's another one.

Demel is next on my list to go though, he's been rubbish (cue CS today)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably Aguero to Suarez and Evra to a Pool defender. I have Davies and Michu so should be able to transfer one out the week after, giving me 11 players for no hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

I have Michu and Davies

I'll just go Aguero to Suarez and leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I need to sell Ba but already have Suarez,now the original plan was to have Suarez and Sturridge for the DGW then sell Suarez for a playing attacker in GW27 as his price gives me more options.

My midfield i got at cheaper prices so selling any for Gerrard is problematic,how much am i willing to lose on a 1 week transfer????
    It would be easier if someone got a hefty knock this week..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I played my wildcard which left me with Enrique, Davies, Michu and Suarez. Plan is to save this week's transfer and transfer out Davies and Enrique the following week.

That said, ifaslot of people are captaining Sturridge or he's looking good, I may bring him in for Giroud and take a hit the following week to get 2 of the five out.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

Already have Sturridge and Davies so I'm going to do Rooney->Suarez and then either Bale->Gerrard or Zabs->Enrique as I have 2 FTs. Week after probably do Suarez back to Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I freed up the funds to bring Sturridge in for Fletcher for the DGW. I have 2 FTs, but I'll leave the other one carry over for a Liverpool/Swansea players exit strategy in GW27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I already have Michu, Davies and Saurez.

2 FT's;Federici and Carzola out,
    Bunn and Gerrard in.

I'll probably bring Carzola back for the GW 27 instead of Gerrard so hoping that Carzola drops in price in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

unkymo wrote: »
    I already have Michu, Davies and Saurez.

2 FT's;Federici and Carzola out,
    Bunn and Gerrard in.

I'll probably bring Carzola back for the GW 27 instead of Gerrard so hoping that Carzola drops in price in the next 2 weeks.

Caz hasn't started today so maybe he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

jenno99 wrote: »
    Caz hasn't started today so maybe he will.

My plan is that Stevie G will go up by 0.2 or 0.3 as people get him in for the Double GW.

I'm hoping that Carzola drops by 0.2 over the next week or two then sell Gerrard for 9.6 or 9.7 and get Carzola back in for around 9.3 making me a profit of either 0.3 or 0.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

only have michu so far for the dgw.

i have 2 transfers so caz to gerrard (then gerrard to bale the following week) is one.

will either do sagna to johnson/agger or else tevez to sturridge.

would prefer to do the sagna one as i want rid of him anyway but concerned about not having either suarez or sturridge.

not too keen on getting in any extra swansea players as they might rest a couple for the liverpool game with the cup final in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Whats the story with Evertons strikers?? is anichebe likely to keep his place for the rest of the season?? serious value at 4.3mil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Bye bye Ba. See you next August.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Whats the story with Evertons strikers?? is anichebe likely to keep his place for the rest of the season?? serious value at 4.3mil!

he had a goal and assist today, surely he's secured himself a few more starts at least.

im going to take my sweet time considering players like benteke, lampard, and sissoko. sissoko playing in the hole looks like a revelation, lampard is nasty hot right now and so is benteke.

so far this year all the dgws have paid off for those who've loaded up but it never hurts to look at other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have 2FTs.

I could do:

1. Aguero to Suarez

2. Bale to Gerrard

3. Both of the above.

The problem with No. 3 is that I will then have Gerrard, Suarez, Michu and Davies. So would have some fixing to do the week after.

The problem with No. 1 is Suarez is due to go up tonight, so would want to make that change now to maximise price changes. But then I don't get to see how Aguero and Bale do tomorrow.

Decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have 2FTs.

I could do:

1. Aguero to Suarez

2. Bale to Gerrard

3. Both of the above.

The problem with No. 3 is that I will then have Gerrard, Suarez, Michu and Davies. So would have some fixing to do the week after.

The problem with No. 1 is Suarez is due to go up tonight, so would want to make that change now to maximise price changes. But then I don't get to see how Aguero and Bale do tomorrow.

Decisions decisions...

and suarez could get injured tomorrow. Im going rvp to suarez tonight I think. I want to get a .2 rise out of suarez to make up some of the .4 ill lose selling rvp.

Hmm...

Haven't really been planning my FF at all, as I was over 120 points behind the leader in my league.

I caught up and lie 13 points behind.

After tomorrow's game (waiting on injuries)
    Sess- Michu
    Lennon- Hendo
    Fletch- Sturridge

Gives me 4 players on a dgw.

Week after (If no suspensions/injuries) Sell Sturridge, buy Giroud, bench the other 3.

• Advertisement

Ba gone Sturridge in..........

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

anybody thinking about Moussa Sissoko?
    2 game, 1 assist + 2 goals.
    looking good at 6.0 mil .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

NN215 wrote: »
    anybody thinking about Moussa Sissoko?
    2 game, 1 assist + 2 goals.
    looking good at 6.0 mil .

Came in here to post the same thing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

giroud out after one week, sturridge in
    already have suarez gerrard and davies for the double
    expecting plenty of points against westbrom for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

transfers as planned will most likely be gibbs->agger/johnson and bale to gerrard, for a hit. just waiting til after tomorrow's game in case of any injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

For me the burning question is do I drop RVP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shane732 wrote: »
    For me the burning question is do I drop RVP.

Up to you. Everton were shambolic defensively today so ill be keeping him. However I can see the logic of getting rid of him.

3fa672e66524f326392fc97dfdbaa5b5_zps449fd07c.jpg

So I can get in this team for the DGW or get Enrique instead of Gerrard.

opinions? Ba is going down tonight I think so need to move on the transfers tonight.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    3fa672e66524f326392fc97dfdbaa5b5_zps449fd07c.jpg

opinions? Ba is going down tonight I think so need to move on the transfers tonight.

Im getting gerard suarez and sturridge in but I dont have michu. You will need a points hit the next GW though as you will have a 4 3 1 formation , Id also be slightly fearful of puncheons starts giving you a potential 4 2 1 before transfers. Probably safer to get a Liverpool defender or even better Reina as then with one transfer you could field eleven the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Can you afford to do just the Suarez transfer tonight? Maybe just sit on the other transfer for now and think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Who would be the better cheap 5th mid, N'Diaye or Schneiderlin?

Fellaini and Anichebe in for Ba and Neville. Was considering stockpiling on more liverpool players but I have Suarez, Michu and Davies for the DGW, I'll probably use my free transfer for the next gameweek to bring in Dawson for Demel which'll mean I should hopefully have 11 playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I decided to do Nastasic and Suarez in for Gibbs and Ba in the end. I think that was the most logical transfer that I could do given my funds and City defensive cover looks to be the way forward as they look very tight at the back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

and suarez could get injured tomorrow. Im going rvp to suarez tonight I think. I want to get a .2 rise out of suarez to make up some of the .4 ill lose selling rvp.

Yeah, good point about potential injuries. I held off doing anything and will wait and see. Not worth the risk.

Sturridge in for Ba last night before he dropped......

Bunn

Davies--Zab--Rafa

Mata--Fellani--Walcott--Michu

RVP--Suarez--Sturridge

Going to have to bench Sissoko for the second week running,hope it doesn't hurt like it did this week
    Following week could be trouble with my front men out and RVP on dangerous ground given the 2 Madrid games

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Sturridge in for Ba last night before he dropped......

Bunn

Davies--Zab--Rafa

Mata--Fellani--Walcott--Michu

RVP--Suarez--Sturridge

Going to have to bench Sissoko for the second week running,hope it doesn't hurt like it did this week
    Following week could be trouble with my front men out and RVP on dangerous ground given the 2 Madrid games
    RVP will be ok for GW27 its GW 26 and 28 that could be a problem . Ditch one of suarez and sturridge for gw 27 and you will still have a decent eleven for a 4 4 2.

Anyone getting in liverpool defensive coverage for the DGW Id suggest Reina rather than a defender. That way in GW27 you play your other keeper and will be more likely to be able to field eleven without having to take a points hit.

RVP will be ok for GW27 its GW 26 and 28 that could be a problem . Ditch one of suarez and sturridge for gw 27 and you will still have a decent eleven for a 4 4 2.

Sturridge will most likely be the one to go,for who i am not sure of yet.Have a doubt over Rafa for the Everton game given the presence of Fellani,suspect that Jones or Smalling could play RB that day

The casuals will see Ba scored 1 point again and will ditch en masse. The ITK players will also have good reasons to ditch too. He could plummet in value.

I went to bed early and remembered I had to make my transfer so just did it before sleepy time.

Said feck it. You'll neeevvvvveeeerrrrr walllllkkk allloonnnneee!

292D00A4-D1B3-4DCC-B476-A0B8332AD3A5-8465-0000043F4FED239A_zps2c963ba0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

^^
    A strong looking side for the DGW. But what of the week after? At best you'll have a 10 with 4 at the back.

1 too many DGW'ers to my eyes.

• Advertisement

GetWithIt wrote: »
    ^^
    A strong looking side for the DGW. But what of the week after? At best you'll have a 10 with 4 at the back.

1 too many DGW'ers to my eyes.
    Mine too but I'm feeling like such a badass right now :p

In all seriousness I have a few ideas for excellent 4 points hits next week so will field eleven. Also have a wildcard that is just sitting there.

Was hoping that we would get lots of dgw games in 1 week but it just didnt happen.

The casuals will see Ba scored 1 point again and will ditch en masse. The ITK players will also have good reasons to ditch too. He could plummet in value.

I went to bed early and remembered I had to make my transfer so just did it before sleepy time.

Said feck it. You'll neeevvvvveeeerrrrr walllllkkk allloonnnneee!

292D00A4-D1B3-4DCC-B476-A0B8332AD3A5-8465-0000043F4FED239A_zps2c963ba0.jpg

I think I'm going to go a similar route. I have Davies, Michu, Enrique and Suarez for the double. I reckon my transfer this week will either be Gerrard for Bale or Sturridge for Giroud.

Will see how today's games go.

GW 26 starts next weekend. The last game, Pool-Swansea, is the weekend after. Then GW27 is the NEXT weekend. So why the hell didn't they leave Pool-Swansea in GW27?!?! Its a week after every other GW26 match and a week before GW27.

Lemlin wrote: »

I think I'm going to go a similar route. I have Davies, Michu, Enrique and Suarez for the double. I reckon my transfer this week will either be Gerrard for Bale or Sturridge for Giroud.

In retrospect Enrique might have been a little better than Gerrard but not too pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Mine too but I'm feeling like such a badass right now :p

In all seriousness I have a few ideas for excellent 4 points hits next week so will field eleven. Also have a wildcard that is just sitting there.

Was hoping that we would get lots of dgw games in 1 week but it just didnt happen.
    For anyone with a WC or 2 FT I'd say fair enough. I can just never justify a 4 point hit. I'd rather have a 10 or even a 9.

Looks like there'll be a lot of people watching the Liverpool game this afternoon with a bit of trepidation. A couple of injuries/suspensions and the boards GW26 thread may explode.

In retrospect Enrique might have been a little better than Gerrard but not too pushed.

Who would you go for out of Sturridge and Gerrard? I'm thinking Sturrudge because I don't want to keep Giroud.

I've had him twice this year and he hasn't delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Denis Horan

I was going to bring in Gerrard for Walcott and swap around the following week but now FPL have given Walcott a 0.1 price rise. By the end of the double game week he could hit 9.7 and I can't afford that. I also have bale but he will be 9.8 to buy back, which considering I have him at 0.2 less, is even worse. HELP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Lemlin wrote: »

I have the same Pool/Swansea players as you. You still gonna get Gerrard in?

I'm beginning to think it might not be a great idea, might go Lamps at home to Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

GW 26 starts next weekend. The last game, Pool-Swansea, is the weekend after. Then GW27 is the NEXT weekend. So why the hell didn't they leave Pool-Swansea in GW27?!?! Its a week after every other GW26 match and a week before GW27.

Because if they did, you would have to set your team for GW27 before the Liverpool v Swansea game, a full 6 days before any of the other 9 games kick off.

Benimar wrote: »

Because if they did, you would have to set your team for GW27 before the Liverpool v Swansea game, a full 6 days before any of the other 9 games kick off.
    Good point, but I think that would be less hassle than the DGW/no gameweek they have.

But maybe everyone likes the hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement