Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

hupskip wrote: »
    Ok just after noticing my friend who is one point behind me in second place in a big money league has made four transfers this week, presumably to bring in Swansea/Liverpool players.
    Am beginning to worry that I should do the same to keep ahead. I already have Suarez, Gerrard and Michu without taking a minus hit.

No!

If you're going to take a hit then save it for GW27 when he may struggle to field a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No!

If you're going to take a hit then save it for GW27 when he may struggle to field a team.

Ah Jimmy, do you not like a gamble now and then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What do people think about Henderson? He's had good returns recently but will he start both matches? It'd involve taking a hit from Kebe and not playing Giroud. Kebe also has a nice home fixture to Wigan the following week so it's probably not worth it.

I guess I've just answered my own question but Henderson has been playing much better recently so surely deserves at least a mention for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

right....

de guzman in for J Cole this week
    then next week, de guzman out, sissoko in and will have three not playing (suarez, sterling, michu)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Need to shift Remy out and Skrtel who is no longer a regular. Is Enrique a cert to start for Liverpool? Any ideas what striker to replace Remy with. Only 6.2 to spend or should i keep Skrtel and hope he plays in the dgw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

dahat wrote: »
    And Gerrard isn't?I would hardly say Bale is on fire at the minute.Just had a quick look there and Gerrard has scored big since GW17,Bale scoring reasonable last 4GW though did have a 21 before that follwoed by 2 low scores.
    For me Gerrard is the better option just now,even with the DGW taken out

Playing better than Ronaldo at the moment according to Jeff Stelling. I'd be wary of dropping him for anyone :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

miller82 wrote: »
    right....

de guzman in for J Cole this week
    then next week, de guzman out, sissoko in and will have three not playing (suarez, sterling, michu)

Was going with this earlier, but looked and could do the below

RvP out
    Rooney in
    Podolski out----Aguerro in

Already have Suarez and this is a pretty sweet forward line but over the next two weeks I'm not sure if I'll score as well as first option

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

miller82 wrote: »
    Was going with this earlier, but looked and could do the below

RvP out
    Rooney in
    Podolski out----Aguerro in

Already have Suarez and this is a pretty sweet forward line but over the next two weeks I'm not sure if I'll score as well as first option

I liked your "Buy De Guzman" strategy this week more as I have him and he's only 3000 transfers away from a price-rise.

I am in no way planning to sell him for sissoko next week after making .1 on him :pac:

Seriously though I think Aguero is the way to go but would wait a few GW's if you have Podolski as Arsenal play Villa in GW27 at home. Also swapping RVP for Rooney may or may not bite you. You should read FutureGuy's article which is in the RVP selling thread before making any RVP related transfer.

ok, Daniel Agger welcome to my team

leaving me:

Screenshot_2013-02-08-15-39-21

for the double gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any thoughts lads?.... either leave Fellaini or Giroud out, I have to leave one out to optimism Liverpool/Swansea's double matches? ... Finding it very hard to decide..

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    Any thoughts lads?.... either leave Fallaini or Giroud out, I have to leave one out to optimism Liverpool/Swansea's double matches? ... Finding it very hard to decide..

post your squad

manual_man wrote: »
    post your squad
    Here's my squad mate...

2wcp4rr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is Fellaini out for the United game?

Is Fellaini out for the United game?
    That's the problem i'm having to decide as well, if he doesn't play or play for only 20 min he could cost me points..

Here's my squad mate...

team looks pretty good as you have it. you might take out Walcott/Giroud for Fellaini, S'land can be stubborn at home, and Fellaini has caused United problems before

manual_man wrote: »
    team looks pretty good as you have it. you might take out Walcott/Giroud for Fellaini, S'land can be stubborn at home, and Fellaini has caused United problems before
    ... I'll just have to decide at 11:29 in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was going to stay away from gerrard but just worked out I can do Puncheon to Gerrard if I also go williamson to marriapa reading 3.8 has started the last 13(for a 4 pt hit). My other less exciting option is get in reina for szecsney it involves no points hit and doesnt effect next week as I can just play Federici my other keeper.
    I already have sturridge and Suarez . Would welcome opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

That's the problem i'm having to decide as well, if he doesn't play or play for only 20 min he could cost me points..

Moyes said he hopes for Fellaini to be fit but also said he does have very bad bruising. Could get some shots to get him through it. I know he caused United problems before but i think they'll double team him this time around. Can't see them letting him bully them again. Especially if he's not 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right so i made sure i didnt make same mistakes as last week and miss the deadline :pac:

This is what i ended up with taking a four point hit.

Begovic

Enrique Evra Baines Clyne

Mata Fellini Walcott

Struridge (c) Van Persie Lambert

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Playing better than Ronaldo at the moment according to Jeff Stelling. I'd be wary of dropping him for anyone :pac:.

Hard to see him performing those kind of miracle performances week in and week out though. I'd expect Ade to have to score some goals if Tottenham are going to keep their place for the season, and take some of the pressure off Bale so he can do well consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

who's ready for FRANKMANIA this weekend??

Hulk Hogan Predicts Chelsea Will Beat Wigan 40-1

hulk_feat.png
    The guest prognosticator over at Mark Lawrenson’s weekly BBC Sport Premier League picks is iconic American wrestler Hulk Hogan. The Hulkster is in the UK with the Total Nonstop Action wrestling promotion, and stepped up to the plate to challenge the football expert in a battle of predictive powers. Most of Hulk’s scorelines are of the usual kind, but he does seem convinced Chelsea is going to give Wigan something of a historic beating. 40-1 historic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Right so i made sure i didnt make same mistakes as last week and miss the deadline :pac:

This is what i ended up with taking a four point hit.

Begovic

Enrique Evra Baines Clyne

Mata Fellini Walcott

Struridge (c) Van Persie Lambert

Who's your other 2 midfielder's? I'd only play 4 at the back when stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

irish son wrote: »

Who's your other 2 midfielder's? I'd only play 4 at the back when stuck.
    Fulham and Reading players who don't start every game and demel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Fulham and Reading players who don't start every game and demel

I have Demel and Marveaux myself, it's making next week very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

anyone else bringing in carragher?

cant decide if i should take out cameron or dawson for him :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

swoody wrote: »
    anyone else bringing in carragher?

cant decide if i should take out cameron or dawson for him :confused:

i brought him in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Two for the Money

Anyone think Mata will be rested today after playing for Spain in midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

In a bit of a hole now this week, I have Azpillicueta, Demel and Naughton....need one of these guys to play. I don't really think its worth a 4 point hit?? Was thinking about getting Fabio in for 4.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anyone think Mata will be rested today after playing for Spain in midweek?

Why would he be reseted, as opposed to every other player who played midweek?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Two for the Money

Cos Benitez is a fool

Advertisement