Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 26 transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »

Who would you go for out of Sturridge and Gerrard? I'm thinking Sturrudge because I don't want to keep Giroud.

I've had him twice this year and he hasn't delivered.

If I could have two from Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge, it be Suarez and Gerrard, but if Sturridge suits your team then go for him. I only had Sturridge so Suarez and any other was a no brainer for me.

Gerrard is on penalties, will get 1 clean bonus even if a defender gets 4 and should avoid rotation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GetWithIt wrote: »
    For anyone with a WC or 2 FT I'd say fair enough. I can just never justify a 4 point hit. I'd rather have a 10 or even a 9.

Looks like there'll be a lot of people watching the Liverpool game this afternoon with a bit of trepidation. A couple of injuries/suspensions and the boards GW26 thread may explode.

Taking a hit when you have 9 or 10 playing is very solid action. That player will probably get 2 points for playing 90 so the transfer is only costing 2 points. When you consider that the player coming in might have 4-5 good fixtures upcoming.

In that situation ill take a hit every time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Getting rid of Ba today, going to take a risk on Giroud i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Melion wrote: »

I brought in Giroud this past week and I'm not sure how I feel about him now, proceed with caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I brought in Giroud this past week and I'm not sure how I feel about him now, proceed with caution.

I just watched the highlights and he could of had a couple. I might hold onto him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Can well all switch Bale to Gerrard this week resulting in a .4 million swing in value please thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sturridge said in an interview after the game he hopes to be fit for next weeks game. I reckon suarez sturridge gerrard all good for a .2 rise this week. Chance of rvp dropping aswell which is all part of my plan for getting him back in. Todays result makes it slightly more likely rvp will be rested next week also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sturridge said in an interview after the game he hopes to be fit for next weeks game. I reckon suarez sturridge gerrard all good for a .2 rise this week.

the only thing that's bugging me is these midweek internationals. what bigger kick in the teeth than to get in players in anticipation of price rises only to see them get injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gerrard,non rotation risk and in cracking form...

Michu non rotation risk and in poor form.selling Michu means no way back fro him though,decisions decisions...

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    the only thing that's bugging me is these midweek internationals. what bigger kick in the teeth than to get in players in anticipation of price rises only to see them get injured

good point forgot all about that and as a liverpool fan gerrard always gets injured on international duty:mad:

I've made a decision and I'm getting rid of him after the double game week. Have him since before the season kicked off too.

Adios Miguel Cuesta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Melion wrote: »
    I just watched the highlights and he could of had a couple. I might hold onto him.

I brought him in this week. Cost me 7.8 and I can sell him for 7.9 now.
    Going to bring in Sturridge now I think for him. Sturridge is going up tonight and could well go up 0.3 this week.
    That'll cover the 0.1 loss I'd have if I wanted to get Giroud back in.

That will leave me with the decision of whether or not to bring in Gerrard at a 4 point cost. I'll probably go ahead and do that but later in the week

sturridge said in an interview after the game he hopes to be fit for next weeks game.

This comment here is the only reason I haven't got him in yet. Why would he not be fit? Was he taken off today because of injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I think I'll get rid of Michu for Gerrard. I'll probably take a 4-pointer given the form Liverpool have been showing so:

Ashley Cole -> Jose Enrique
    Michu -> Gerrard
    Tevez -> Sturridge

Cant afford Suarez so I'll have to do without him! Also I'm definitely not going more than 4 DGWers so I dont have to take a hit the week after to field 11.

Lol.
    Just looked at the fixtures the week after the DGW. I'm going to get about 3 points total that week!!!!!!!! Better make hay next week so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

G1032 wrote: »
    This comment here is the only reason I haven't got him in yet. Why would he not be fit? Was he taken off today because of injury?

That horrible tackle from Lescott where he should've had a penalty injured him:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I don't normally take four point hits but a double game week is surely the time to risk it

Ba and Puncheon out Sturridge and Sissoko in. Plan on downgrading Sturridge the following week and switching from 3-4-3 to 3-5-2

zerks wrote: »
    That horrible tackle from Lescott where he should've had a penalty injured him:pac::pac:
    Ah ya. He probably slipped a disc with that arch of the back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just watching Match of the Day from last night and holy sh*tballs batman. Sissoko is heading toward Mr.Prodston's team pronto, I always thought he was deep-lying like his namesake. The only question is whether to leave De Guzman in for the DGW?

he said he hurt his thigh in the first half and couldnt really sprint but that he should be fit for the next game on sky after the game. They dont play till next mon so more time to recover. Hes going up in price tonight

• Advertisement

Done. Giroud out, Sturridge in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Phil McNulty from BBC just tweeted that Sturridge is a doubt for midweek England game.

I won't be bringing him in until I hear more. He's only just back to fitness so I can't see Rodgers taking chances with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Phil McNulty from BBC just tweeted that Sturridge is a doubt for midweek England game.

I won't be bringing him in until I hear more. He's only just back to fitness so I can't see Rodgers taking chances with him.

Pointless international is pointless.

There'll be a few players picking up 'knocks' in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bringing in Gerrard for Bale and then hoping the Spurs game is called off next week...

Might actually be able to sell Gerrard on for a profit and get a much needed extra £0.1m giving me £4.2 to upgrade Demel. Added to this, if enough people transfer Bale out I might even be able to buy him back for cheaper.

Get buying people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Time to say goodbye to Silva and hello to Stevie G its been a while since I had him in my team

Just did it now,Gerrard looks like he is due to rise again tonight

roryc wrote: »
    Bringing in Gerrard for Bale and then hoping the Spurs game is called off next week...

Wait, what? Are you talking about snow risk or is there something else that I don't know of?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Did Bale > Gerrard as well. Was wary as Bale is coming into form but DGWs have been kind to me this season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Localised snow risk, bomb threat, take your pic. Don't worry, it won't happen! A minor Bale injury would have been perfect, it almost happened at the end of the game but I don't think a busted lip will keep him out of the squad next week.

I'm just praying he has a very quiet game or I could be massively regretting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Just did Fletcher to Sturridge. Had to do it tonight as I wouldn't be able to afford it when he rises tonight. Leaves me with Davies, Michu, Suarez and Sturridge for the DGW, I have another free transfer but I think Ill keep it for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

did Bale to Gerrard myself. wouldn't be able to afford if i waited til after internationals

• Advertisement

I'm just praying he has a very quiet game or I could be massively regretting this.
    This is the thing. I've already done Giroud to Sturridge.
    It'd be a four point hit to do Bale to Gerrard. Will Gerrard outscore Bale by that much? Seriously considering doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

I think Rooney->Suarez and Zabs->Enrique is going to be the plan. Week after will do Suarez->back to Rooney and stick with my Sturridge, RVP, Rooney front line. Going to wait until after Wednesday though, a Suarez injury in a meaningless friendly would change everything...

This is the thing. I've already done Giroud to Sturridge.
    It'd be a four point hit to do Bale to Gerrard. Will Gerrard outscore Bale by that much? Seriously considering doing it.

Not convinced by Gerrard myself. He has delivered the points up to now but I feel he may be overachieving. He is playing very deep since Sturridge arrived and 30 yard screamers won't go in every week.

jenno99 wrote: »

Not convinced by Gerrard myself. He has delivered the points up to now but I feel he may be overachieving. He is playing very deep since Sturridge arrived and 30 yard screamers won't go in every week.
    I've done it now anyway. Too late to go back now.

If you want to guess how many points Gerrard will score, randomly pick 2 of his gameweeks. The likelihood is the figure you get back is 10+

If you can manage the transfer, do it.

If you want to guess how many points Gerrard will score, randomly pick 2 of his gameweeks. The likelihood is the figure you get back is 10+

If you can manage the transfer, do it.

He's scored more than 10 in 3 out of 25 gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

jenno99 wrote: »
    He's scored more than 10 in 3 out of 25 gameweeks.

You need to read roryc's post again.

SickBoy wrote: »
    You need to read roryc's post again.

Yep sorry.

He could easily go and score low in both, but two home games against teams who are both going through a bad patch... I would be worried without him. Liverpool should have beaten both City and Arsenal, they will go all out to try and get top 4 this season, and will like to hammer two clubs that have already taken points off them this season.

Scores are being updated now, I seem to be climbing ever... so... slowly... Moved up 31 places last week and another 83 this week. Tbh I don't care once I see a green arrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Is anyone concerned about squad rotation with Liverpool's away game against Zenit St Petersburg on the Thursday night before the Swansea game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

No transfer for me this week. I used we last week and got Davies micha sturridge Suarez and Gerard in so saving transfer to get rid of two of them and hopefully means no points hits for max return.

Is anyone concerned about squad rotation with Liverpool's away game against Zenit St Petersburg on the Thursday night before the Swansea game?

I reckon they believe theres a chance of top 4 now so they wont be taking europa league too serious. Win those two home games and they will be right in the mix

Why do 19660 feel obliged to bring in Stevie G 6 days before the game week starts?

Good chance I now have to make it 19661.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why do 19660 feel obliged to bring in Stevie G 6 days before the game week starts?

Good chance I now have to make it 19661.

Price Rise was my reason,if he went up again tonight then I couldnt afford him.

He was nowhere near rising 2 hours ago though. Whoever started the frenzy should be punished!

• Advertisement

Who to captain between Gerrard and Suarez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Who to dump for Gerrard for 1 week? Bale or Walcott.

Will lose nothing price wise by getting rid of Bale, however Walcott will cost me 0.4 to get back. Walcott has an away game to Sunderland who are doing well defensively, Bale a home tie v Newcastle who are leaky at the back

Same quandary but have the option of selling Bale, Walcott or Fellaini.

Would lose .2, .2 and .3 in value when I buy them back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Sissoko is a must for me after that performance yesterday plus the 6 million price tag is sweet, I think I'll get him and Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Same quandary but have the option of selling Bale, Walcott or Fellaini.

Would lose .2, 0, .3 in value respectively when I buy them back in.

Just thinking Gerrard likely to rocket in value so would lessen the price impact a bit, well by 0.1 on the resale

Sunderland with 4 clean sheets at home in a row is swaying me toward Walcott making way atm

• Advertisement
Advertisement