Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 26 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Who's the best Liverpool defender for the DGW? I'm leaning towards Enrique atm.
    Reina he doesnt affect your GW 27 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

Should I drop Michu, Fellaini or Walcott for Gerrard?

Out of those 3 would have to be Fellaini, doubt he'll do much away at Old Trafford. They'll have made all kinds of plans after what happened at Goodison earlier in the season. I'm not convinced by Gerrard though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

I think I've made a terrible mistake in selling Bale for Gerrard.
    He could go nuts against Newcastle.
    Kept Walcott.
    Ah, its done now so just gotta wait and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

qwabercd wrote: »
    Azpilcueta out, 4.7m left to play with then. Would be looking at fabio. Already have nastasic,cameron,harte and demel. .

that reminds me, why didnt Azpilcueta play this week ? was he just dropped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

miller82 wrote: »
    that reminds me, why didnt Azpilcueta play this week ? was he just dropped ?

With Terry back he played Ivanovic at right back. Whether this is a permanent move remains to be seen but Azpi defo looks like a rotarisk from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have to say I'm surprised by the amount of faith people are putting in Liverpool. They've looked decidely average at times this year. I'll have two 'Pool players for the DGW - Suarez and Enrique. Suarez has been a mainstay for me all season and I got Enrique in because of my wildcard. Other than it though, he wouldn't be in my team and I think he'll be out of it after the DGW.

The last time people on here stockpiled Liverpool players earlier in the season it didn't end well and, despite recent performances, I still think Liverpool could disappoint. West Brom have been off form but they aren't a poor team. Both they and Swansea are actually only two points behind Liverpool, and both are capable of defending well. I certainly don't know if it's worth taking hits to get their players in knowing they'll be useless the following gameweek.

This is the same Liverpool team that lost 3-1 to Stoke and Aston Villa only a couple of months ago. As shown in the FA Cup loss to Oldham, if they attempt to rest a few players with the UEFA Cup in mind things won't go well either. They've consistently shown that the wheels come off the bandwagon just when people think they are turning things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

My team is

Frederici, begovic
    Sagna, Cameron, Davies, Clarke, demel
    Mata, Walcott,Fellani, michu, marveaux,
    Rvp, suarez and lakaku

At the min I have demel and marveaux not starting and 3 Dgw players not starting next week so I need a little help sorting this out.

Have 1.1 in the bank and 2 ft. So need rid of demel, marveaux and too much money tied up in Clarke for what he is and how often he plays for me. Will me looking to transfer michu out after the Dgw and then look about getting lakaku out. Don't know where to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised by the amount of faith people are putting in Liverpool. They've looked decidely average at times this year. I'll have two 'Pool players for the DGW - Suarez and Enrique. Suarez has been a mainstay for me all season and I got Enrique in because of my wildcard. Other than it though, he wouldn't be in my team and I think he'll be out of it after the DGW.

The last time people on here stockpiled Liverpool players earlier in the season it didn't end well and, despite recent performances, I still think Liverpool could disappoint. West Brom have been off form but they aren't a poor team. Both they and Swansea are actually only two points behind Liverpool, and both are capable of defending well. I certainly don't know if it's worth taking hits to get their players in knowing they'll be useless the following gameweek.

This is the same Liverpool team that lost 3-1 to Stoke and Aston Villa only a couple of months ago. As shown in the FA Cup loss to Oldham, if they attempt to rest a few players with the UEFA Cup in mind things won't go well either. They've consistently shown that the wheels come off the bandwagon just when people think they are turning things around.

A lot teams would probably include Davies now since the wildcard and Michu obviously has a high ownership. Likewise for Suárez. Gerrard in and out seems to be the main big one and Sturridge for those that can't afford or don't want Suárez. A lot of people chasing will go all out without even considering the blank fixtures the following week. Or are prepared for point hits. Suppose the success of the dgw's so far instills some confidence in people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm surprised at the amount of transfers being made before the internationals are played. Always worry these weeks. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Went Fellaini to Lampard for this GW. Chelsea have been stuttering results-wise but Wigan are truly brutal, I think Chelsea can score 4 or 5 there. Lampard has been in cracking form over the last 2 months or so. Fellaini finally repaid some of us who had patience since he's returned but I think it will be a quieter game away to United. Lamps to outscore him this week IMO.

Wanted Gerrard but already have Suarez, Enrique and 2 Swans players....4 seems more than enough for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Oh yeah, had 2 FT's and used the other to go:

Fletcher >>>>>>>>>. Benteke.

Had Fletch for 4 games and despite a couple of blanks, he did get me a decent return over the period with 22 pts. Benteke has West Ham at home followed by a few tricky games on paper but he looks the type who can do damage to most on a given day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Has aziplicueta lost his place ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Terry is back so I would assume so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Thoughts on this...

Berbatov out - Sturridge in and then the following week Suarez out and Rooney in.

Upside: Sturridge plays both games and continues on current form. Rooney keeps banging them in.

Downside: Sturridge could actually be injured and Berbatov may recover for the Norwich game. I'll have to take a 4 point hit to bring in Sturridge. Suarez could go on the rampage again for the rest of the season.

Worth the risk??

Has aziplicueta lost his place ?

He'll probably still get game time but his minutes will be seriously reduced. Not worth the risk at the moment.

• Advertisement

Santi101 wrote: »
    Went Fellaini to Lampard for this GW. Chelsea have been stuttering results-wise but Wigan are truly brutal, I think Chelsea can score 4 or 5 there. Lampard has been in cracking form over the last 2 months or so. Fellaini finally repaid some of us who had patience since he's returned but I think it will be a quieter game away to United. Lamps to outscore him this week IMO.

Wanted Gerrard but already have Suarez, Enrique and 2 Swans players....4 seems more than enough for the DGW.

good move its something ive wanted to do for weeks but keep putting it off and keep regretting it. The DGW has postponed the move again for me but fair play going for it and ignoring the dgw temptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Went Cazorla->Gerrard and Fletcher->Benteke this week.

Makes my team for this week:

Mignolet
    Evra Ivanovic Skrtel Baines
    Bale Walcott Gerrard(C) Mata
    Lambert Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Forgot about this today and just got my transfer in there before Gerrard rose in price. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Santi101 wrote: »

tempting...i wonder if lampard will get played after the wigan game though, since hazard, moses, and luiz should all be back and fit by then. would be a -8 pt hit to justify in my eyes if i wanted to brg fellaini back in for norwich and reading.

im also looking at doing a move for zab to either j evans/evra. without kompany man city might end up pulling a utd, and outscoring most of their opponents instead of keeping cs. he's out for 2 gws only though, might be more worth it for me to take cashley out instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

jolim24601 wrote: »
    tempting...i wonder if lampard will get played after the wigan game though, since hazard, moses, and luiz should all be back and fit by then. would be a -8 pt hit to justify in my eyes if i wanted to brg fellaini back in for norwich and reading.

I think Lampard is a man on a mission. He's started the last 7 games, and has outscored Mata by a point over those 7 games (although Mata well outscores for the few games before those). I think Rafa likes him, and for 1.6 cheaper than Mata, I think he's great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Any chance of Carragher playing both games ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

bezuaua wrote: »

a liverpool fan might answer better than me but yeah i think he will, rodgers said after the arsenal game that after that performace he was a guaranteed starter v city, and i don't think he did anything wrong there. liverpool don't play again until monday so plenty of time to recover and then don't play again in the premier league for the second game of the dgw until 6 days later. there is of course a europa league game in between but i would think that's where skrtel will play, carragher won't play 3 games in 6 days and you'd think he'd rest him for the one in the middle which isn't as big a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

bezuaua wrote: »

I reckon he will but it's hard to know what Rodgers is planning for the trip to Russia on Thursday. If he's going to leave a few of the big guys (Gerrard, Suarez, Reina) behind then he could do with some experience with him on the trip. Carra would be that experience. I can't see him playing all three games to be honest so if he doesn't travel to Russia he should be a definite starter in both league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Regarding Demel,it looks like i am going to have to take a hit to shift him pretty soon.
    Now if i shift him for a hit this week say i can absorb the hit pretty well but if i wait till next week a 4pt hit will be pretty costly i reckon as i want to shift Suarez for Auguero...

Do Demel to Dawson this week or next week?My gut says this week

dahat wrote: »
    Regarding Demel,it looks like i am going to have to take a hit to shift him pretty soon.
    Now if i shift him for a hit this week say i can absorb the hit pretty well but if i wait till next week a 4pt hit will be pretty costly i reckon as i want to shift Suarez for Auguero...

Do Demel to Dawson this week or next week?My gut says this week

I wouldn't recommend taking a hit on a defender. Unless you can't field 11 in GW27. You're banking on his replacement doing something other than just showing up to net a positive gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wouldn't recommend taking a hit on a defender. Unless you can't field 11 in GW27. You're banking on his replacement doing something other than just showing up to net a positive gain.

In general i agree but Demel looks to be a useless part of my team just and his place at West Ham looks gone so getting Dawson will give me a player who will play 90 week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I think having 11 in GW 27 is being overrated by some. I have Fabio, Michu, Davies, Suarez and Gerrard. Gerrard will be coming back out for Walcott next week.

Obviously I'd rather have a full team but I'm not going to take a 4-point hit or do anything drastic for the sake of what will more than likely be 2 points. All of the others I plan on keeping in the medium/long run.

Michu does need a big week soon though. We all remember Amir Zaki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

theRB wrote: »
    Went Cazorla->Gerrard and Fletcher->Benteke this week.

Makes my team for this week:

Mignolet
    Evra Ivanovic Skrtel Baines
    Bale Walcott Gerrard(C) Mata
    Lambert Benteke

holy shít man that's some amount of money in defense :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »
    In general i agree but Demel looks to be a useless part of my team just and his place at West Ham looks gone so getting Dawson will give me a player who will play 90 week in week out.

I wouldn't be too sure of Dawson playing every week, he's in situ at the moment but you can be sure there will be an element of rotation involved, there are 3 very adequate defenders vying to partner Verthongen. Dawson would be a great guy to have if you have 3 other defenders playing every week as he is unlikely to be introduced late in games. Remember Gallas has been injured so it's only Caulker that Dawson has the edge on and even that is very tight I'd say.

I'm only saying this because I'd love to have a Spurs defender myself for 4.5m but this is why I'm thinking twice. I may splash out and spend some of my Van Persie change on Assou-Ekotto.

Gerrard starts for England. Go on Woy and play him a good 70 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Rooney scores for England. Walcott took a knock!! Rooney in for RvP is getting more and more tempting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was looking at maybe getting Skrtel in for O'Shea i taught he was a first choice in defense for Liverpool what seems to of changed that?

Bale on target for Wales as well.

According to BBC, Walcott has shaken off that knock.

Bale on target for Wales as well.

According to BBC, Walcott has shaken off that knock.

90 mins for suarez rvp only played 45 as did mata

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Liverpool not playing til monday

Steven81 wrote: »
    Liverpool not playing til monday

Still, 90 minutes for Stevie G can't be good news for owners, particularly if Rodgers decides they may need his experience in the Europa game.

Would be great to see a Coutinho debut Monday night.

Still, 90 minutes for Stevie G can't be good news for owners, particularly if Rodgers decides they may need his experience in the Europa game.

Would be great to see a Coutinho debut Monday night.
    clutching at straws lemlin he will play the 90 mins in both league games barring injury. On the plus side for those of us that didnt get him in he plays quite deep for liverpool these days. Henderson downing suarez Sturridge all playing further up the pitch than him. Hes on a great run but from that position barring set pieces I wouldnt be overly worried about him cant score a 30 yarder every week.

clutching at straws lemlin he will play the 90 mins in both league games barring injury. On the plus side for those of us that didnt get him in he plays quite deep for liverpool these days. Henderson downing suarez Sturridge all playing further up the pitch than him. Hes on a great run but from that position barring set pieces I wouldnt be overly worried about him cant score a 30 yarder every week.

I can live in hope that he's rested. He was playing as a deep lying mid for England tonight from what BBC were saying.

Balezinho followed his goal with an assist by the way. The lad's on fire!

Hopefully AVB starts him up front at the weekend.

I can live in hope that he's rested. He was playing as a deep lying mid for England tonight from what BBC were saying.

Balezinho followed his goal with an assist by the way. The lad's on fire!

Hopefully AVB starts him up front at the weekend.
    ye bale only played 60 mins aswell a brace sat would be nice. Can see a lot of people ditching bale for gerrard this week.
    Fellani was on bench for belgium didnt come on presume hes ok for the weekend.
    Aguero scored for argentina played 70 mins.

• Advertisement

You're right. He's gonna stop scoring them come game week 27. I feel he has at least 10 points in him over the 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

People rethinking Gerard for Bale ?

Oliver Kay has just retweeted this:

@SamiMokbel81_DM: Uh oh! Theo Walcott has just limped through the mix zone at Wembley. Just a slight hobble, mind. #AFC

You're right. He's gonna stop scoring them come game week 27. I feel he has at least 10 points in him over the 2 games.
    ha ha good one. Id be happy if he only got 10 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Zabaleta who's on 99% were to go up tonight I'd be interested in snapping up Enrique for the DGW. However if he doesn't go up tonight Enrique will certainly go up tomorrow too. Will probably still make the move but would like the extra .1

If Zabaleta who's on 99% were to go up tonight I'd be interested in snapping up Enrique for the DGW. However if he doesn't go up tonight Enrique will certainly go up tomorrow too. Will probably still make the move but would like the extra .1
    carragher 5.0 should start both games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

carragher 5.0 should start both games

It's a good shout alright, obviously I'd prefer Enrique's potential for attacking returns but seeing as he's just back there's no guarantee of starting. Bar Johnson and Agger it's a bit of a minefield about who will start though. Skrtel could make an appearance too.

While I could just afford Johnson I couldn't bring Sissoko in for De Guzman without a hit the following week. Anyway I don't need to do anything tonight so I'll see how the land lies tomorrow.

It's a good shout alright, obviously I'd prefer Enrique's potential for attacking returns but seeing as he's just back there's no guarantee of starting. Bar Johnson and Agger it's a bit of a minefield about who will start though. Skrtel could make an appearance too.

While I could just afford Johnson I couldn't bring Sissoko in for De Guzman without a hit the following week. Anyway I don't need to do anything tonight so I'll see how the land lies tomorrow.
    carragher will start against wba. Skrtel who got much of the blame for oldham defeat will start in zenit. Barring a carragher disaster on mon nite he will start against swansea aswell Problem with carra as you said is theres no chance of attacking returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

carragher does score the odd goal to be fair, but he's not always very picky about which goal he puts it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads i dont know who to get in for Ba.
    I'd love to get in a Dzeko or Tevez, but who'll bloody start !!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads i dont know who to get in for Ba.
    I'd love to get in a Dzeko or Tevez, but who'll bloody start !!

You're going from one striker not guaranteed their place to a choice of strikers who aren't guaranteed their place.

Cut your losses. Save yourself the headache and avoid all three.

I'd go for Sturridge, Giroud, Benteke, Fletcher or Berba over any of that trio.

Having 15 players who play each week is now hugely important with the threat of some teams missing a game week and Swansea/Liverpool already due to miss one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement