Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

People rethinking Gerard for Bale ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Oliver Kay has just retweeted this:

@SamiMokbel81_DM: Uh oh! Theo Walcott has just limped through the mix zone at Wembley. Just a slight hobble, mind. #AFC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You're right. He's gonna stop scoring them come game week 27. I feel he has at least 10 points in him over the 2 games.
    ha ha good one. Id be happy if he only got 10 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Zabaleta who's on 99% were to go up tonight I'd be interested in snapping up Enrique for the DGW. However if he doesn't go up tonight Enrique will certainly go up tomorrow too. Will probably still make the move but would like the extra .1

If Zabaleta who's on 99% were to go up tonight I'd be interested in snapping up Enrique for the DGW. However if he doesn't go up tonight Enrique will certainly go up tomorrow too. Will probably still make the move but would like the extra .1
    carragher 5.0 should start both games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

carragher 5.0 should start both games

It's a good shout alright, obviously I'd prefer Enrique's potential for attacking returns but seeing as he's just back there's no guarantee of starting. Bar Johnson and Agger it's a bit of a minefield about who will start though. Skrtel could make an appearance too.

While I could just afford Johnson I couldn't bring Sissoko in for De Guzman without a hit the following week. Anyway I don't need to do anything tonight so I'll see how the land lies tomorrow.

It's a good shout alright, obviously I'd prefer Enrique's potential for attacking returns but seeing as he's just back there's no guarantee of starting. Bar Johnson and Agger it's a bit of a minefield about who will start though. Skrtel could make an appearance too.

While I could just afford Johnson I couldn't bring Sissoko in for De Guzman without a hit the following week. Anyway I don't need to do anything tonight so I'll see how the land lies tomorrow.
    carragher will start against wba. Skrtel who got much of the blame for oldham defeat will start in zenit. Barring a carragher disaster on mon nite he will start against swansea aswell Problem with carra as you said is theres no chance of attacking returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

carragher does score the odd goal to be fair, but he's not always very picky about which goal he puts it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads i dont know who to get in for Ba.
    I'd love to get in a Dzeko or Tevez, but who'll bloody start !!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads i dont know who to get in for Ba.
    I'd love to get in a Dzeko or Tevez, but who'll bloody start !!

You're going from one striker not guaranteed their place to a choice of strikers who aren't guaranteed their place.

Cut your losses. Save yourself the headache and avoid all three.

I'd go for Sturridge, Giroud, Benteke, Fletcher or Berba over any of that trio.

Having 15 players who play each week is now hugely important with the threat of some teams missing a game week and Swansea/Liverpool already due to miss one.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    You're going from one striker not guaranteed their place to a choice of strikers who aren't guaranteed their place.

Cut your losses. Save yourself the headache and avoid all three.

I'd go for Sturridge, Giroud, Benteke, Fletcher or Berba over any of that trio.

Having 15 players who play each week is now hugely important with the threat of some teams missing a game week and Swansea/Liverpool already due to miss one.

I already have Suarez.
    My main rival has Giroud so i dont want to replicate his team.
    Thats why i want to go for someone else.
    Lambert could be an option.

and i was thinking Clint Dempsey until i realised he was down as a midfielder :o

I already have Suarez.
    My main rival has Giroud so i dont want to replicate his team.
    Thats why i want to go for someone else.
    Lambert could be an option.

and i was thinking Clint Dempsey until i realised he was down as a midfielder :o

My own plan is to move to Aguero, Sturridge, RVP so what about Sturridge for the DGW?

Then move out Suarez for Aguero next week and you've a good differential.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Two for the Money

Expecting Ba to be out this weekend so I'm gonna bring Torres back in with the hope that he does the business at home to Wigan

Anyone else fancy him doing the same?

finding it hard to pull the trigger on Bale to Gerard. Bale is on fire

My own plan is to move to Aguero, Sturridge, RVP so what about Sturridge for the DGW?

Then move out Suarez for Aguero next week and you've a good differential.

I see what your getting at, there's only 8 points in it. As a Liverpool fan i expect Suarez to outscore Sturridge by some way.
    I might risk Dzeko :eek:

I see what your getting at, there's only 8 points in it. As a Liverpool fan i expect Suarez to outscore Sturridge by some way.
    I might risk Dzeko :eek:
    Agree with lemlin rvp sturridge aguero best front 3 to have. If your not going with that strategy I would expect tevez and not dzeko to start at the weekend as dzeko played 90 mins for bosnia last nite and tevez wasnt in the argentina squad. When tevez got his run of games at the start of the season this was one of the main reasons his lack of international involvement meaning he was fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

miller82 wrote: »
    finding it hard to pull the trigger on Bale to Gerard. Bale is on fire

And Gerrard isn't?I would hardly say Bale is on fire at the minute.Just had a quick look there and Gerrard has scored big since GW17,Bale scoring reasonable last 4GW though did have a 21 before that follwoed by 2 low scores.
    For me Gerrard is the better option just now,even with the DGW taken out

dahat wrote: »

And Gerrard isn't?I would hardly say Bale is on fire at the minute.Just had a quick look there and Gerrard has scored big since GW17,Bale scoring reasonable last 4GW though did have a 21 before that follwoed by 2 low scores.

Bale could be moving up front though. Ade apparently isn't back frim the ACON yet so I'd imagine Bale will start up front against Bewcastle.

Gerrard is being pushed further back. Even the new signing Coutinho is an attacking mid AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »

The Bale is on fire quote probably had something to do with the fact that he had a goal and an assist for Wales last night so that has to be taken into account. Besides that though he seems to be a far more bankable ff asset at the moment also despite Gerrards recent high returns, I don't have figures but Bales shots on goal are thru the roof at the moment, he's come up against goalkeepers on fire recently and his all round performance at the weekend while frequently operating in an advanced central position will be further encouragement for his owners, in that position I would fully expect him to be the top point scorer from here on in. Gerrard is a really great player in a good vein of form but I would consider it very bad business getting him in for Bale unless you are in the lucky position of being able to do it for one week only and without taking a hit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bale could be moving up front though. Ade apparently isn't back frim the ACON yet so I'd imagine Bale will start up front against Bewcastle.

Gerrard is being pushed further back. Even the new signing Coutinho is an attacking mid AFAIK.

Gerrard > Bale this week. After that, I'd have to back Bale, especially if you have Suarez or Sturridge...

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Gerrard > Bale this week. After that, I'd have to back Bale, especially if you have Suarez or Sturridge...

I wasn't planning a transfer this week but I decided that my long term plan is to get a front three of Sturridge, Aguero and RVP so bringing Sturridge in for Giroud this week makes sense.

I now have 5 DGW players - Sturridge, Suarez, Davies, Michu and Enrique.

The plan for next week is Suarez out for Aguero and either Enrique/Michu out for Sissoko/cheap defender to free up the .8 or .9 that I need. It'll be a four point hit but I think I'd have needed it anyway to get Aguero in so might as well gain from the double. My rivals will have a max of 2/3 DGW players so I should gain an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I wasn't planning a transfer this week but I decided that my long term plan is to get a front three of Sturridge, Aguero and RVP so bringing Sturridge in for Giroud this week makes sense.

I now have 5 DGW players - Sturridge, Suarez, Davies, Michu and Enrique.

The plan for next week is Suarez out for Aguero and either Enrique/Michu out for Sissoko/cheap defender to free up the .8 or .9 that I need. It'll be a four point hit but I think I'd have needed it anyway to get Aguero in so might as well gain from the double. My rivals will have a max of 2/3 DGW players so I should gain an advantage.

Do it. I have 4 of the same DGW players, just missing Sturridge. I cant fit him unless I take an 8 point hit ( and 4 points next week)so not worth it for me but I would defo do it for a 4 point hit. Keep an eye on his injury though as he strained a thigh against City and is not 100% for the 1st game.

is it worth getting Gerard in for Bale this week, if it means a 4 pint hit this week and probably a four point hit next week ??
    i'm not normally too afraid of taking a 4 point hit, just thinking it might be a bit too much for one player

is it worth getting Gerard in for Bale this week, if it means a 4 pint hit this week and probably a four point hit next week ??
    i'm not normally too afraid of taking a 4 point hit, just thinking it might be a bit too much for one player

If you think Gerrard will out score Bale by 8 this week go for it. If not, then why would you?

It isn't a move I'd go for myself.

Dearg81 wrote: »

Do it. I have 4 of the same DGW players, just missing Sturridge. I cant fit him unless I take an 8 point hit ( and 4 points next week)so not worth it for me but I would defo do it for a 4 point hit. Keep an eye on his injury though as he strained a thigh against City and is not 100% for the 1st game.

It's already done since yesterday :D

Even if he misses a game he's in my long term plans so worth the risk IMO.

If you think Gerrard will out score Bale by 8 this week go for it. If not, then why would you?

It isn't a move I'd go for myself.

ah the voice of reason. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I wouldn't get Gerrard in if it's going to cost you 8 points (including getting him out). Bale unless he gets booked should get a minimum of 2 points. Gerrard would have to score or assist in each game just to outscore him making it worthwhile. Bale also could be playing up top against Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i'm not sure Bale playing up front (if he does) will be any value this gw. the boy is fast, but it takes him a while to get into his stride, much more effective from wide positions imo

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Ok just after noticing my friend who is one point behind me in second place in a big money league has made four transfers this week, presumably to bring in Swansea/Liverpool players.
    Am beginning to worry that I should do the same to keep ahead. I already have Suarez, Gerrard and Michu without taking a minus hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

hupskip wrote: »
    Ok just after noticing my friend who is one point behind me in second place in a big money league has made four transfers this week, presumably to bring in Swansea/Liverpool players.
    Am beginning to worry that I should do the same to keep ahead. I already have Suarez, Gerrard and Michu without taking a minus hit.

i'd recommend maybe getting a Liv def, but be wary of the blank gw for Liv and Swa after

Advertisement