Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Does anyone else buy presents for themselves when your doing your christmas shopping, or just me :P

I always treat myself at Christmas! Just because I'm single doesn't mean I don't get wonderful presents from me to me :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh congratulations on the upcoming wedding, baby and crumble! :D
    Is it this Christmas or are you planning ahead for next year?

I like your thinking, Hollister! I don't usually buy myself a present but sometimes I'll take the mascara out of any gift sets I get my mother because it's something she doesn't use.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Congratulations Baby and Crumble!

I'm on holidays in Oslo at the moment, we came across a year round Christmas shop to my delight! Didn't buy anything though, remarkable restraint only part! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Tesco!

I hear people use the self-service checkouts to buy selection boxes and other Christmas snacks at this time of year, you know to avoid any potential judgement from a cashier. At least that's what I hear they do...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I kept a gift for myself once when I ordered things from Avon (still can't believe they're gone from Ireland).

I had ordered a make-up kit and because it was more than €40, it came with a free gift, which was a bottle of perfume and a sparkly bag.
    I kept that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

c_man wrote: »
    I hear people use the self-service checkouts to buy selection boxes and other Christmas snacks at this time of year, you know to avoid any potential judgement from a cashier. At least that's what I hear they do...

Classic, from the person who does that like, not saying it was you.:rolleyes:

I usually just treat myself to a butlers hot chocolate or a few pint bottles when Christmas shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Down town this morning and my local dealz had transformed overnight with halloween decorations ! Went for a stroll in and they had halloween and christmas decorations side by side ! Bit odd looking but definitely lifted my mood !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Posy wrote: »
    Oh congratulations on the upcoming wedding, baby and crumble! :D
    Is it this Christmas or are you planning ahead for next year? .

Ah, not this year. Sure the ink isn't dry on the referendum results hardly! :P

I'd LOVE for it to be next year, but things are mad at home right now. But we're planning it all and then once we decide it will take a lot less time to pull it off. We know where (The ZOO!), roughly when, we have a photographer we love, we know what we'll be wearing, serving etc.

:):):)

Ah, not this year. Sure the ink isn't dry on the referendum results hardly! :P

I'd LOVE for it to be next year, but things are mad at home right now. But we're planning it all and then once we decide it will take a lot less time to pull it off. We know where (The ZOO!), roughly when, we have a photographer we love, we know what we'll be wearing, serving etc.

:):):)

You HAVE to get a wedding picture with the meerkats. I love those little guys ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The zoo does weddings? That would be amazing! How does the food etc work and if it's a cold day, do they have an indoor area for you? That's an absolutely brilliant idea.

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    The zoo does weddings? That would be amazing! How does the food etc work and if it's a cold day, do they have an indoor area for you? That's an absolutely brilliant idea.

They have a really cool building that you can rent called Haughton House, and you can have your ceremony there, along with a drinks reception in the activity & learning centre. Obviously have to go somewhere else for the food and dancing and stuff. But yeah, you can get a special "Photos" session while the drinks are going on.

wedding-photos-at-zoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's just brilliant!

It's just so wet and cold and miserable out today here ! Definitely an evening to sit in front of the fire with a take out and glass of wine! All I'm missing is some presents to wrap ! :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    It's just so wet and cold and miserable out today here ! Definitely an evening to sit in front of the fire with a take out and glass of wine! All I'm missing is some presents to wrap ! :P

And don't forget the tree lights and Christmas music! ;)

Glitzgirl wrote: »

For sure, my plan for the evening is heat on, last nights football game, online shopping present research, and probably a whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Absolutely pouring here too. I think I'll go and snuggle my nephews then hang out by the fire and (finally) start researching presents. I've been holding off because I have two massive bills to get out of the way first! On course to have them paid by the end of September then it's full steam ahead on pressies. Including my own \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They have a really cool building that you can rent called Haughton House, and you can have your ceremony there, along with a drinks reception in the activity & learning centre. Obviously have to go somewhere else for the food and dancing and stuff. But yeah, you can get a special "Photos" session while the drinks are going on.

wedding-photos-at-zoo.jpg

Ooh and Mulligans in Stoneybatter for after! I wanna get married again :(

Loughc wrote: »
    And don't forget the tree lights and Christmas music! ;)

Ah thanks loughc was trying not to get my hopes up ! Need to try calm down my christmas excitement or my poor kids will be driven insane lol !

A lot of talk about present buying. I love the atmosphere! With all the offers on its a great time to be buying especially toys. Love that people are getting so excited already ! (Note does not say "this early" ... ) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Hated to see the rain lashing outside this morning after a few lovely days but decided to embrace it once I decided that it meant it was getting wintery and I can have a cosy night in starting to plan Christmas presents! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's not raining yet here but it's supposed to be really bad later on (or is that wishful thinking :pac:). I think a cosy night in front of the tv with some nibbles, scented candle and the fairy lights on sounds PERFECT. We have white fairy lights strung across the mantelpiece all year round :D

Same here ! I always find the house looked really bare after taking down the chrostmas decorations so I got some white rattan effect heart string lights for mantle piece! Just to make the place feel nice and cosy !

Out shopping with boys today and got this. Have started putting them up around the house slowly so far my OH hasn't noticed. My 7 year old can't help but laugh every time we walk past it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anyone about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

Appears just me G... how you? Happy Ho Ho's to ya! :)

Ohhhh hello K:D, fancy seeing you in here....what's your plans for Christmas!!

I'd like to atleast put up a tree with a few lights this year, has been atleast 4 years since. How about yourself? What be your Merry endeavours?

Cool:)....oh gosh I dont know at the mo.....prolly spend the day with some friends, eat alot and flake out in front of the telly. Seen any nice decorations yet?? What kind of tree do you like?

Sounds great! Not been to any stores, but I do like the craft you picked out! They are so cute!

• Advertisement

I gotta run, was fun chatting with ya, toodles ya christmas elf!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement