Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Ahh yeah, i meant to do one last year and well....i was too busy in the end:rolleyes:, but plan on experimenting with some bristle decorations for the porch tree this time. Any signs of Christmas where you are?

Okie doke, catch you again K:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Leeeeet it snoooow. Leeeeet it snooooooooow!!

Hello Mint, fairly new to this thread.....shame about the rain!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It was pouring here too but it's not too shabby now. What has you up so late? I'm here making a wish-list. A need to win the euromillions kind of wish-list!

• Advertisement

Hello mud, ahh just messing about online, should be heading off to the nest soon, may i ask what presents you have in mind?:D

Presents that involve travel and excitement and lovely blue Doc Marten boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Went to home bargains , to gets some fitsy drinks
    They got lot of christmas stuff already

So it felt very christmas in there

But halloween mood frist the m I be the Christmas mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

Grid. wrote: »
    Hello mud, ahh just messing about online, should be heading off to the nest soon, may i ask what presents you have in mind?:D

Hi again Grid (waves)... I am on an extreme budget so I plan on lotsa food pressies and a few sewing projects. I have a few neighbour kids to make craft kits for (they are always looking for something to make). I must get pinteresting ideas! I do so love Christmas :D

Good for you K:D.....oooh do show me when you make them up!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Does anyone else buy presents for themselves when your doing your christmas shopping, or just me :P

yes, I've gotten myself little bits & bobs.. :) if I don't have a santa coming to me, I might as well treat myself! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This week the Christmas countdown will hit double figures!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Read about this app in Stellar magazine: "Snowidget".
    It sits on your phone's home-screen, with a snowing background and a Christmas countdown!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snowidget-most-magical-widget/id933278113?mt=8

EDIT: Also available on Android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Just booked my chistmas hair and beauty appointments! Definitely feeling closer to christmas now today !!

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Just booked my chistmas hair and beauty appointments! Definitely feeling closer to christmas now today !!

Thanks for reminding me. I don't get a whole lot done but I do like to get my hair and eyebrows snazzed up for the Christmas period.

mud wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me. I don't get a whole lot done but I do like to get my hair and eyebrows snazzed up for the Christmas period.

No problem ! I have to say it's something I really love doing coming up to Christmas. I remember my mam getting her hair done too for christmas so maybe that's why!

There's only 100 days left?! wow, it's almost my favourite season of the year!

Are we due a white Christmas this year??:P

would that mean an extremely cold and wet season first? :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Grid. wrote: »
    Are we due a white Christmas this year??:P

Doubt it. Expect a mild wet winter.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Doubt it. Expect a mild wet winter.

Reminds me I need to get some nice sparkly wellies for my winter walks !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

A cold dry winter will do, frost would be perfect.

I have only had one white Christmas, the big snow a few years back, got stuck in transit on the way home. 14 hours in Abu Dhabi airport, then we landed in shannon not Dublin. Had to hike to get the train to Dublin, taxi from Hueston could only get within 2 miles of the house so I have to throw the 30kg wheelie on my head and hike home.

It was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Greetings, elves. I have returned from a week in the sun. Straight run into Christmas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm smack bang in the middle of planning a party for 13th December. It's not a Christmas party. Doesn't mean it can't be Christmassy though. Mulled wine and mince pies are on the list. Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ohh its getting very exciting I am planning to put in my holidays soon I have plenty due to me just undecided when to finish up in work, might book the day of the toy show off anyway then maybe finish the 22nd December, lots of garden centres on facebook are updating their status with their Christmas stock cant wait!

kitten_k wrote: »

That is amazing! I wonder did they even take it down from last year :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

kitten_k wrote: »

I was just coming on here to post that! So, which of the Christmas forum elves is responsible? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

SarahLil wrote: »
    Ohh its getting very exciting I am planning to put in my holidays soon I have plenty due to me just undecided when to finish up in work, might book the day of the toy show off anyway then maybe finish the 22nd December, lots of garden centres on facebook are updating their status with their Christmas stock cant wait!

I've booked the day of the toyshow off too :) Was just gonna take the 23rd off before Christmas but might actually take the 21st and 22nd also....must see how many days annual leave I have left though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

TK Maxx near me have a few small Christmassy bits, they've a gorgeous champagne gold coloured feathered wreath. I want it to badly but its €29.99 which I am not paying.

Its gorgeous, but its small and flimsy so not worth that price anyway.

Can't wait until they've more stuff in. Definitely going to pick up a few bits from them this year.

Can't wait for Christmas this year, its going to be relaxing (hopefully) after a tough two years so will be nice to have a quiet one this year.

Have two birthdays before Xmas so have started picking up presents for those already, and going to start getting some Xmas pressies soon too.

Going to Galway to the Christmas markets this year with my bf and I can't wait. They will definitely get me in the Xmas spirit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement