Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I was over seeing a moving company packing up my brother in laws apartment all day today and I found his christmas stash! Was able to sit and look through his christmas decorations today until the mean men took the box away :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,523 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just got the Lidl/Aldi leaflets for next week and they both mention Christmas baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in a tiny bar in Italy last week and noticed this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

:D I saw that online earlier and I suspected it might be a false alarm. People already posting A fairytale of New York on Face book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just got the Lidl/Aldi leaflets for next week and they both mention Christmas baking.

Love this! Reminding us to start our Christmas cakes! :D Well, maybe not just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My is taking on Chistmas staff now. God help them, its busy enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've kept away from this forum for months! But I spent €50 on Christmas fabric last night so I feel it is time to return.

Bring.

It.

ON.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »
    I've kept away from this forum for months! But I spent €50 on Christmas fabric last night so I feel it is time to return.

Bring.

It.

ON.

Welcome back :)

Browsing online and noticed new look have some of their christmas jumpers up online ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Where do you lovely peeps find pretty wrapping paper?

One year I got gorgeous black paper with sparkly silver snowflakes on it, from Aldi, but I'd like to know some other places that stock really nice paper this year.
    I'm not keen on thin papery kinds; you know the type that rips when you barely touch it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Easons and Hallmark.

I never get paper anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Bring.

It.

ON.
    I was hoping you'd come back and give us a sneaky peeky of the great decs you ordered for this year. :pac:

washiskin wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd come back and give us a sneaky peeky of the great decs you ordered for this year. :pac:

I was thinking that myself! Any sneak previews ?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

Not 100% sure how to post a pic here. I know it seems hypocritical following my rant about buying local produce but I have bought some really nice wrapping paper from Tesco in recent years (if anyone has any tips on locally produced stuff just let me know :-)). I might have some still in the press. AFAIK I have loads left over from last year. Earlier this year I bought some red, green, silver and blue ribbons from Tiger and bows from Easons and Euro Pound Shop with the intention of decorating the presents with ribbons and bows this year. I'll have to consult YouTube on how to actually do the ribbon. I think the red and green looks particularly Christmassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

fussyonion wrote: »
    Where do you lovely peeps find pretty wrapping paper?

One year I got gorgeous black paper with sparkly silver snowflakes on it, from Aldi, but I'd like to know some other places that stock really nice paper this year.
    I'm not keen on thin papery kinds; you know the type that rips when you barely touch it!

Next and marks aways have excellent quality wrapping paper that's also fab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got gorgeous, good quality wrapping paper in M&S before, got it around Xmas (got some before and after) and it was less than €1 a roll.

Last year I got some black and gold paper, can't remember where I got it but its so thin its nearly see through, probably the worst quality paper I have ever seen.

It's A Wonderful Life added to Netflix Ireland.

Is it just me or does Sunday's feel more Christmassy than any other day haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Loughc wrote: »

Yay! That's getting watched in the next week or so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have never seen it. For some reason I think it will be too sad.

• Advertisement

Home alone 2 is on film4 right now or in 15 mins time on film4 +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks for the heads up Loughc! Watching it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

washiskin wrote: »

Oh don't talk to me. I wasn't allowed buy any in this year! :( Last year didn't sell as well as we hoped so we were told to give it a rest this year :( I was devastated. Actually almost cried in work.

I'll get my own back next year... Just wait and see...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Oh don't talk to me. I wasn't allowed buy any in this year! :( Last year didn't sell as well as we hoped so we were told to give it a rest this year :( I was devastated. Actually almost cried in work.

I'll get my own back next year... Just wait and see...

Well, Ill take a ramble up this year again, you had lovely stuff last year.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It definitely feels very Christmassy today. I think it's the weather and the fact that I was in a very busy shopping centre. We walked down the Christmas aisle in Tesco and ended up picking up a chocolate Santa and a dark Terry's Chocolate Orange. It would have been wrong not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Kids back at school, all Irelands decided, Halloween stuff in lots of shops. Anyone not preparing for Christmas now is in denial:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ooh! Would it be worth making a list of all of the Christmas films available on Netflix? I know not everyone has it so maybe not...

miamee wrote: »
    Ooh! Would it be worth making a list of all of the Christmas films available on Netflix? I know not everyone has it so maybe not...

I'll get on that this evening and try to pull something together :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We can all add as we find things, it'd be great for a rainy day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement