Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

These are some of the Christmas films and Tv series i found on Netflix. Not great if i'm being honest
    • A very murray Christmas
    • All i want for Christmas
    • Black Christmas
    • Christmas Angles
    • Happy Christmas
    • I'll be home for Christmas
    • The Santa Clause
    • What she wants for Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

These are some of the Christmas films and Tv series i found on Netflix. Not great if i'm being honest
    • Black Christmas
    • Christmas Angles
    • Happy Christmas
    • The Santa Clause

There is one or two more to add to that list, but Netflix tends to add Christmas movies to their offerings around November, it saves them money only paying for 2 months rights than year round as people will only watch Christmas movies around that time of year anyway.

Well people except for us of course haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    There is one or two more to add to that list, but Netflix tends to add Christmas movies to their offerings around November, it saves them money only paying for 2 months rights than year round as people will only watch Christmas movies around that time of year anyway.

Well people except for us of course haha.

Sure a few channels do start airing films around now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sure a few channels do start airing films around now.

They do, but they're only paying one off rights, Netflix would have to fork out for rights for Sept-Dec. There's no way they'd do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was flicking through my parents' TV channels (they have one of those free to air boxes) and I saw True Christmas. I was very excited until I actually watched it and realised that it's still True Movies. The box just has the channel name wrong.

We were considering getting Netflix over Christmas so I'd be interested in finding out what Christmas movies they have on it.

• Advertisement

I was flicking through my parents' TV channels (they have one of those free to air boxes) and I saw True Christmas. I was very excited until I actually watched it and realised that it's still True Movies. The box just has the channel name wrong.

We were considering getting Netflix over Christmas so I'd be interested in finding out what Christmas movies they have on it.

To be honest they don't have much of the "Big" Christmas Movies, Sky cleverly picked up the rights to most of them over the past couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That's that settled so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Black Christmas
    • Christmas Angles
    • Happy Christmas
    • The Santa Clause

I love the 70's original of Black Christmas. I have a tv service, it comes free with the net, yet we haven't even plugged it in. It's netflix all the way.

'A friend' of mine pays 90 dollars a year for a very good vpn which means netflix can think he is in different countries and hence have a better selection.

Jaysus tis cold out there this morning!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I can't wait until The Santa Claus is on TV. I watch it every year, its my absolute favourite Christmas movie.

Mam was clearing out our spare room yesterday and found about six rolls of Xmas paper, all brand new, still sealed. Won't have to buy any this year. :D

She also bought a candle in TK Maxx a few weeks ago, paid €10.99 for it, its by the Copenhagen Candle company and its called Christmas Spice, its gorgeous, so cinnamon-y, she bought it with the intention of finding it cheaper online and returning it to TK Maxx, but as it happens, they're more expensive online and she lost the receipt for it too. She won't be doing that in a hurry again. :D :P :pac:

Another thing I did recently after seeing it on Pinterest was any wax left over from other candles and putting it into a new jar, and just getting a wick and putting that into it.

A bit awkward but when like me you have a thing for Yankee candles, rather than throw out the old wax, just keep it, melt it down and get a candle wick from eBay or wherever and that way you can reuse the wax and you'll have another candle.

I always used to use the wax in those burner thingys but this is much better.

So far I have honey & spice, cinnamon stick, icicles and Christmas Garland by Yankee in one big jar now, all still very scented, just need to get the wick for them and I'll have myself another Xmas candle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I love christmas (obviously :) ) but I have to say between mid September and 1st of November is actually the only time I'm not fully focused on christmas. Think its because I get so occupied with halloween. Then from 1st of November -bam! Halloween stuff down, christmas stuff out and up ! It's a great wat to pass the time. :D

Jude13 wrote: »
    I love the 70's original of Black Christmas. I have a tv service, it comes free with the net, yet we haven't even plugged it in. It's netflix all the way.

'A friend' of mine pays 90 dollars a year for a very good vpn which means netflix can think he is in different countries and hence have a better selection.

You can get VPNs for free that do the same job.

You can get VPNs for free that do the same job.

But obviously we're not allowed to talk about that on boards.

Loughc wrote: »
    But obviously we're not allowed to talk about that on boards.

Oh, can we not ? Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Getting closer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

kitten_k wrote: »
    Getting closer

Bring it on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Three months to Christmas!!!! :D:D

Can't believe there is only three months to go, we really coming into the crazy months, hopefully October will zip past (and no doubt it will with the Bank Holiday and Halloween) as fast as September has, I love November and seeing everything kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Xmas comes early for channel five

I just saw the listing on channel five for 3rd october 2015

http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/five#03-Oct-2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was in Tierneys today and they has some nice decorations in. They had a big musical Santa house for €135 (too big and too expensive for my house). But they also had a lovely white light up Christmas tree thing for €25 which we will be getting.

Wasn't able to get pics but will try to get some the next time I am in.

Halloween decorations are coming out of attic tomorrow and going up early next week ! October goes past so quickly and then before you know it it will be November 1st and time to pack away the halloween stuff and take out the christmas decorations! Super excited kids ( and mammy :P ) in my house this weekend ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Carrig Donn had some of their stuff in today and it's gorgeous! And less expensive than I thought....

Boots have started displaying some of their Xmas gift sets today. :)

Lads, when would be a good time to do an online order from the States for Xmas pressies?

Am hoping to get a few bits from some online US retailers but not sure when to order. Hopefully soon, but not sure if in the next two weeks, or maybe the end of Oct.

Thoughts?

I ordered the majority of my pressies in Nov from Amazon US with delivery in Ireland last year. No issues once they are in stock now. I will be doing the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Jude13 wrote: »
    I ordered the majority of my pressies in Nov from Amazon US with delivery in Ireland last year. No issues once they are in stock now. I will be doing the same this year.

What were the prices like for delivery?

IrishGurll wrote: »
    What were the prices like for delivery?

I can't remember exactly, I just know they were allot cheaper than putting them in my suitcase and paying extra luggage.

Love waking up in the morning and seeing all the leaves scattered around the front garden. :) Not so much later when I'm trying to sweep them away from my front door though :P

• Advertisement

There was frost on the window and grass this morning when I was leaving for work at silly o clock in the morning!

It was a lovely clear night last night so that would explain the frost as it wasn't that cold at all this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement