Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    There was frost on the window and grass this morning when I was leaving for work at silly o clock in the morning!

It was a lovely clear night last night so that would explain the frost as it wasn't that cold at all this morning.

No it wasn't cold at all. I was up at 6 am for a sad attempt at a run :P and got caught out a few times with frost on the ground. Wasn't expecting it at all because it was so mild out !

Cooking a ham for dinner today (want to experiment with new recipes for christmas.. Thanks cookery thread :P ). Dunno how it's gonna taste but smells just like christmas in my kitchen at the moment ! Cinnamon and ham and honey.... just lovely ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We had a lovely relaxing walk this afternoon, it was crispy and a bit of a nip but pleasantly warm as well.
    I love this time of year and it's almost the start of one of my favourite months!

Whispered wrote: »
    We had a lovely relaxing walk this afternoon, it was crispy and a bit of a nip but pleasantly warm as well.
    I love this time of year and it's almost the start of one of my favourite months!

I love when you see all the kids going to school with ear muffs and gloves ! Random... I know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

10645175_1203033889712973_8388404861221877174_n.jpg?oh=00b4f229fcac078012f14da39d99d964&oe=56AB8511

• Advertisement

Seen this on my news feed today !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Liffey Valley has tickets to see Love Actually tomorrow at 9 and dinner in Nandos to give away on their FB page. Competition closes at 10 tomorrow morning. Worth a try if you're anywhere close to Liffey Valley. I already have plans so I can't enter. :(

I also got a Boots mailing of coupons, including 10% off a Christmas gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up Twinings Cherry & Cinnamon tea the other day.
    It's GORGEOUS and tastes just like Christmas in a cup!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have sparkling snow Yankee candle lighting in the sitting room it's the same candle we had lighting last Christmas so my sitting room just smells of Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

fussyonion wrote: »
    Picked up Twinings Cherry & Cinnamon tea the other day.
    It's GORGEOUS and tastes just like Christmas in a cup!

Cinnamon is one of the main things I dislike about Christmas, hate it. Its up there with cauliflower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

I love the smell of cinnamon, especially at Christmas. It's such a festive spice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Whooop just started my shopping yeeppee.. I know tis early but wanted to get a few things ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Milly33 wrote: »
    Whooop just started my shopping yeeppee.. I know tis early but wanted to get a few things ordered

It's never too early. I have alot of mine in already.

hehe isn't it great.. I love Halloween and Im always like nope don't mix the too but I just feel this year tis all about Christmas..

Milly33 wrote: »

There is no such thing as starting too early lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Christmas is the month after next!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Next week in choir we're going to be starting a CHRISTMAS MEDLEY! :D All I know so far is that it will include Wham, Slade and Paul McCartney

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Scarinae wrote: »
    Next week in choir we're going to be starting a CHRISTMAS MEDLEY! :D All I know so far is that it will include Wham, Slade and Paul McCartney

Literally my idea of heaven haha.

I'm conflicted because I was going to skip choir next week to watch the Great British Bake Off final... But now I don't want to miss this!

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but this old newspaper clipping (from 1984) made me laugh

last%20christmas.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The mornings keep getting colder.

I need to wear a jumper and jacket now, instead if either or.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It's freeeeeeezin' out there right now. Windows fogged, car frigid . . . some might say it's kind of CHRISTMASSY! :)

Note to self: Must obtain hot water bottle.

Cant beat a hot bottle have been using mine a few weeks now...

Tried and tested site for anyone who is looking for some nice Tshirts for anyone is Bullshirt http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/bullshirt/

They are on what used to be play.com and their site is very annoying but the Tshirts are great and really qood quality. Have some of the trex ones ordered already for my nephews yeppee

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I think I am more excited about customising an Ikea kitchen for my 2 year old that she possible could be when she gets it :) I want to start buying it now but as we live in an apt I can't :( also as we are criss crossing the country for most of Christmas we are going to have "our" Christmas with just the three of us on the Sunday before and dress up in pjs etc

So I skipped the Santa visit last year but was thinking of giving it a try this year. I walked past the Powerscourt Town House santa a year or two ago and thought he was amazing. Can't find any info on their website but does anyone know is it going ahead this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

I can report that Christmas is definitely out in full force in the shops now. The Yankee Candle store is fully decked out with Christmas decorations (the Christmas candles are fab also) The Marks and Spencer Christmas food range is out of this world. It is so decadent, every type of chocolate treat you can imagine is blinged out to the max with edible glitter and gold. It really has to be seen, a lot of it really is a work of art. :D
    364455.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm present making tonight! Patchwork cushion covers FTW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Really need to get myself to M&S pronto and drool over all that yummy food!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Was in my local Aldi this evening and one of the assistant managers, who knows I'm a Christmas Nut, brought me into the stock room to show mw ......phase 1 of their Christmas stuff which is going out on SUNDAY!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    AND the Stollen was IN!!! This has made my month! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Xmas is about start on channel 5 now
    With a Xmas movie

• Advertisement

Christmas movies on all day on true movies 1 ! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement