Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I went for a walk this morning and I had Christmas FM on the whole time, it was great, Christmas music is just good for the soul or something! Definitely gave me an extra bounce in my step!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I had my first Toasted Stollen breakfast of the year this morning!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watching the world Grand Prix darts on sky at the moment as I'm going to see it live next weekend.

Watching darts always reminds me of Christmas as the world championships are on over the Christmas. Can't wait for December! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I can report that Christmas is definitely out in full force in the shops now. The Yankee Candle store is fully decked out with Christmas decorations (the Christmas candles are fab also) The Marks and Spencer Christmas food range is out of this world. It is so decadent, every type of chocolate treat you can imagine is blinged out to the max with edible glitter and gold. It really has to be seen, a lot of it really is a work of art. :D
    364455.jpg

Where is the yankee candle store?

Not meaning to jump in Jude, but there's one in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre and one in Blanchardstown Centre afaik....

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    I had my first Toasted Stollen breakfast of the year this morning!

A what?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Christmas jumpers! This is not a drill!!!!

I love the dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not hearing about it till December.

endacl wrote: »
    Not hearing about it till December.

HI ENDACL,

THIS KIND OF GRINCH LIKE POSTS AREN'T ALLOWED HERE ON THE CHRISTMAS FORUM. PLEASE HAVE A READ OF OUR CHARTER OR YOU WILL MAKE OUR NAUGHTY LIST.

THANKS,

LOUGHC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Loughc wrote: »
    HI ENDACL,

THIS KIND OF GRINCH LIKE POSTS AREN'T ALLOWED HERE ON THE CHRISTMAS FORUM. PLEASE HAVE A READ OF OUR CHARTER OR YOU WILL MAKE OUR NAUGHTY LIST.

THANKS,

LOUGHC

Not grinchy ar all! I really enjoy Xmas. I like it as an event though. Having it as a long drawn out anticipationfest takes the fun out of it. Like, really takes the fun out of it. Or to paraphrase Bilbo Baggins, it becomes 'like too little butter spread over too much toast". Are we all to enjoy it in a forum-mandated way, or just not join in unless we do?

:p

Naughty list, here I come... :(

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Not grinchy ar all! I really enjoy Xmas. I like it as an event though. Having it as a long drawn out anticipationfest takes the fun out of it. Like, really takes the fun out of it. Or to paraphrase Bilbo Baggins, it becomes 'like too little butter spread over too much toast". Are we all to enjoy it in a forum-mandated way, or just not join in unless we do?

:p

Naughty list, here I come... :(

I've moved these posts as not to take away from Mud's thread. By all means when you're feeling more festive feel free to drop back in and say hello but if Christmas out of season isn't for you isn't is this forum. :)

Have a great day! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Christmas jumpers! This is not a drill!!!!

I love the dresses.

Ok I NEED both of those dresses! And the blue advent calendar jumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Jude13 wrote: »
    Where is the yankee candle store?
    This particular store is in Liffey Valley, I would also recommend their retail outlet just outside Naas if you are in this part of the country. There is also one in Carrickmines Outlet Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

When in December does public transport stop.

Irish rail close from 9pm Christmas Eve and resume the 27th as normal.

Dublin bus stop 9pm Christmas Eve and off all day Christmas Day but they operate a Sunday schedule for Stephens day.

This information is accurate as at 2014 there may be changes for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

You've to be a little bit more specific... In Dublin?
    Dublin bus runs normally until 23rd, on 24th it's on bank holiday times and I think there back running on 26th or 27th. It's rare even to see a taxi on Xmas day.

You'd probably have to call the headquarters of whatever your looking for (dart/train/coach) to get their plans.

All the public transport websites issue Christmas timetables usually at the start of December.

Jude13 wrote: »
    A what?

It's a German cakey type fruit bread with marzipan in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,526 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anyone else noticed that Christmas stock is slower this year than previous years.
    The tins of sweets and some selection boxes were out in my local Tesco at the end of August. This year they didn't come out until mid September.
    Aldi normal had their stock out by now and I haven't seen it.
    Haven't seen any mince pies yet.
    Saw a couple of cakes and puddings in lid.
    Haven't seen decorations in Penny's or Tesco.
    Has anybody else noticed this?

Ive noticed that too. probably no harm they launched a little later. They all seem to be in full swing now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Aldi had mince pies and mini Stollen bites today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Penneys have a good bit in and next too!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Really? The penneys on Henry Street only had gift tags and door mats last week! :-(

SMJSF wrote: »
    Really? The penneys on Henry Street only had gift tags and door mats last week! :-(

oh! this was in Cork :o It's mostly lights, candles, small ornaments though.

This particular store is in Liffey Valley, I would also recommend their retail outlet just outside Naas if you are in this part of the country. There is also one in Carrickmines Outlet Centre.

Cheers, and to the other poster, Im not in Ireland so amazon my Christmas yankee candles. I will be home for Christmas though so will drop into the on on St Stephens green for a few peressies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

SMJSF wrote: »

I was in there yesterday, they have a whole Christmas corner where sports gear normally is on the ground floor. So when you go in the main Mary Street entrance, go left and up that side of the store, Christmas jumper etc in the corner on that side next to the escalator. I didn't have time for a look at what else was there, I was on a mission :p

For anyone in Cork, M&S are currently unpacking their Christmas stock on the floor, looks like a few nice bits there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

northgirl wrote: »
    For anyone in Cork, M&S are currently unpacking their Christmas stock on the floor, looks like a few nice bits there! :D

Thanks Northgirl, flying the flag for the rebel christmas nuts! :-D

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks Northgirl, flying the flag for the rebel christmas nuts! :-D

The red & white theme serves us well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There was an ad on just there where Craig Doyle was wearing a Christmas jumper and there were Christmas cards in the background and then they turned on the outside Christmas lights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement