Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,526 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Aldi earlier and they've the usual Christmas cakes, mince pies, biscuits, chocolates. The one new thing I noticed was they appear to have a version of Ferrero Rocher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I was in Aldi earlier and they've the usual Christmas cakes, mince pies, biscuits, chocolates. The one new thing I noticed was they appear to have a version of Ferrero Rocher.

I saw those too! They look loooooovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

There was an ad on just there where Craig Doyle was wearing a Christmas jumper and there were Christmas cards in the background and then they turned on the outside Christmas lights.

Think I seen that one! Simple but very festive. About window sales or something I think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Not sure if someone has posted it already, but M&S .com has there christmas shop open!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/christmas

This popped up on my news feed today. Forgot how big the actual tins used to be !

Agh why are none of my pics uploading ! On Facebook fm 104 page has a comparison of the tins of roses over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Not sure if someone has posted it already, but M&S .com has there christmas shop open!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/christmas

OMG the cushions are amazing!! I love the Robin one!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    This popped up on my news feed today. Forgot how big the actual tins used to be !

Agh why are none of my pics uploading ! On Facebook fm 104 page has a comparison of the tins of roses over the years

Same pic appeared on my timeline this morning. I went on a rant on here before about Kraft foods essentially how they're ruining Roses and only captialising on the Cadbury's name rather than quality for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Some FABULOUS stuff! We got a christmas duvet cover there last year when they had them reduced, love it. So keep an eye for their 20% etc off days between now and christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have some serious Christmas vibes going on today. I keep thinking about happy things and am planning presents and planning the food and the houses I'll visit on the day and in the run up to the day :)

I just found out that my brother will be leaving home before Christmas because that's just the way the visa cookie crumbled. Oh no! We'll just have to have an early Christmas dinner before he goes :) And then have another one on Christmas Day! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

There definately is something in the air today, i just got off my facebook page and it had loads of Christmas references and videos on it today for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

My honeybun bought me a Christmas Jumper in Penney's today. And I bought a lovely gold tray in Heatons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My husband popped into smyths toys today with the baby while I ran into another shop. I had mentioned to him that we should start picking things up for christmas now so we're not under pressure.

Well he came out with a little baby keyboard for him and put it in the boot. As I took a corner a bag fell over, knocked the keyboard and it started playing a song. Baby screamed until I pulled over and got it for him (very sleepy is usually not a cryer).

So first Christmas pressie bought and given. The song it started to autoplay? Jinglebells :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

The final of 'The Great British Bake Off' was on tonight. The countdown to Christmas is well and truly on now! :D Well done Nadiya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

There definately is something in the air today, i just got off my facebook page and it had loads of Christmas references and videos on it today for some reason!

I've gone on a bit of an obsession streak on facebook lately with all the Christmas related pages i've been liking & saving. From Vintage Christmas pages, daily Christmas pages, 365 days a year Christmas, Christmas recipes & just plain old christmas pictures.

At least i'll have something nice & cheerful to cheer me up whenever i'm having a crappy day from now on. Aside from this forum of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Thinking this year of just buying everyone one big present instead of lots of small ones. The small ones add up the same :p

Loughc wrote: »
    Same pic appeared on my timeline this morning. I went on a rant on here before about Kraft foods essentially how they're ruining Roses and only captialising on the Cadbury's name rather than quality for customers.

It's true ! The whole quality and taste of them is gone. They are just not the same anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I do online surveys (and save up all the Tesco vouchers I get from doing them until Christmas so I have more money for presents and going out) and one that I did yesterday was about Christmas cards. It was very exciting. :D Usually they're boring and tedious but I happily completed that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I do online surveys (and save up all the Tesco vouchers I get from doing them until Christmas so I have more money for presents and going out) and one that I did yesterday was about Christmas cards. It was very exciting. :D Usually they're boring and tedious but I happily completed that one!

Pray tell where can you sign up for this?? Sounds like a solid plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I make the most out of Irish Opinions because they send surveys the most frequently. RedC has decent enough rewards for the effort and they send you a cheque when you reach €50 but I don't get surveys from them as often. And Acumen has brilliant rewards for every survey you do (I got €4.50 for one the other day and it took me about 7 minutes) and they have a great selection of vouchers to choose from. They don't send me surveys as often as IO either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I wish security wouldn't let me into penneys when they have Xmas decor on the shelves!!
    It took me nearly 15 minutes just to pick a pack of baubles!! But they have lovely stuff this year! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,526 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Boots gift guide 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Boots gift guide 2015!

Il have to pick up a copy tomorrow, thanks

IKEA have there Christmas stock in, trees, decorations, wrapping paper, gift bags, gift boxes ginger bread houses etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen an advert on TV earlier for Park, advertising their saving plan for Christmas 2016!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

There was loads of Christmas stuff in my local hardware store. I don't think I can post pics from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was in dunnes earlier and they have all their gift bags out, they also have really cute cylinder boxes for wine with a lovely christmassy design on the outside with santa claus :-)!! They have really cute Christmas boxes too!

SMJSF wrote: »
    I wish security wouldn't let me into penneys when they have Xmas decor on the shelves!!
    It took me nearly 15 minutes just to pick a pack of baubles!! But they have lovely stuff this year! :D

Oh really might take a trip tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

M&S had some of their stuff out today, just gorgeous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Woodies in Cork had a lot of stuff out. As soon as Halloweens out of the way there'll be a lot more!

• Advertisement

Had a great day walking around carlow today while eldest was at a birthday party! Got a new christmas jumper in penny's and had a browse through heatons christmas section! They had a gorgeous wooden sleigh in 3 sizes. Can't post pics from mobile :P spent ages looking for an elf hat. My eldest is singing in the christmas choir in December and dress coat is christmas jumpers and elf hats ! As if I need an excuse to spend more time browsing through the shops :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement