Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

Well, I suppose, seeming as you are so insistent.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Posy, I second Mayo Gurl! You could join one of those knitting groups. Just found this too. So cute. I'd say this could be easily knitted!!

b53a2048c9ebb1a9bc76a63815bcbca3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Ooohh..... I love!! Anyone want to show me how to knit???!!!

Ooh we should set up a Christmas knitting group!!

Plenty of time to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG that sounds great!! I'd love to be able to do those little stockings for the cutlery!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

washiskin wrote: »

Looks doable! I love what it says beside yarn weight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lenan

I really think I'm mad, I've already got all "Ho Ho" for my 4yr old!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Oh those stockings are super cute! I've never knitted before but I want to now!

I could adapt another type of Christmas stocking I made last year though to do the job. Not as cute as the knitted ones however! I made this, with felt and embroidery thread, for my CAT :P Yes, my cat.

7F8A2DFBE5424EE7A22A239F1B911BF1-0000317259-0003331429-00500L-63DD0741149443EE862BAA50881FC59A.jpg

I love the felt stockings! Every November and December I make these with the first years.

We applique snowmen and Christmas trees by hand onto them. Can't wait to start prepping!

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »

That'd teach him, washiskin!!!! Love it. I'm horribly uncreative, I can vaguely remember the basic plain and purl from way back in NS....

Oooh, its time to sign up for Sm*ths Winter catalogue! Sign up online > http://bit.ly/1erFFYN Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Oh it's getting very exciting in here! Loved freshpopcorn's post about the buildup!

I follow a Christmas countdown on Twitter and they also have a Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/YourChristmasCountdownOfficial

:D

I think these stockings are so cute! Do you think I'd be able to get the wool I need in Cork to knit them?! :pac:

http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/modern-classics-stockings.html

Ok just realise I don't understand any of the "knitting speak" or instructions!! LOL! I don't even know where to begin! I can do basic knitting but all the abbreviations in the instructions is putting me off!! :-(

That design looks tough Leahyl!! You've got a mighty challenge on your hands!

There should be a key on the pattern to explain all the abbreviations. It's usually at the back of it.

Pang wrote: »
    That design looks tough Leahyl!! You've got a mighty challenge on your hands!

There should be a key on the pattern to explain all the abbreviations. It's usually at the back of it.

I think you may be right....better stick to something more simple!! Like this maybe

http://www.allfreeknitting.com/ChristmasKnits/Santa-Face-And-Head-Ornament/

Or I'd love to do a Christmas tea cosy :D

leahyl wrote: »
    I think you may be right....better stick to something more simple!! Like this maybe

http://www.allfreeknitting.com/ChristmasKnits/Santa-Face-And-Head-Ornament/

Or I'd love to do a Christmas tea cosy :D

The ornament is so cute!! Definitely a great little project to get started on.

If you start now, you have plenty of time to practise and aim for the original stocking!! :)

Pang wrote: »
    The ornament is so cute!! Definitely a great little project to get started on.

If you start now, you have plenty of time to practise and aim for the original stocking!! :)

HHHMMM....! Better get some practice in with the actual regular knitting part first - cos it's the only knitting I know!!:D

:D It's going to be a crafty Christmas!! Very excited!!

Would have to probably buy a lot of wool though just to make a small ornament....oh well I'll try make a few I guess!

• Advertisement

Hickeys usually have big balls of wool on offer. Try get the big balls or in bulk or it could get expensive.

There are loads of lovely ornaments for Christmas that could be made using felt. Lovely, cheerful colours and cheap!!

Ooh and incredibly easy to work with! Major bonus :)

That book looks great! Nice price too!!

I love how it says it will teach you in plain English!:)

I never thought about looking on Amazon for wool before. Could work out well priced.

I must have a look for some Christmas craft books. Need to have the cutlery stockings in my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody else want this?

1009824_557270444338342_512031813_n.jpg

It's amazing!! Great for Christmas!! Kids and adults alike would love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

X factor starts Saturday 24th August!! Woohoo! Official countdown begins then!!

I've ordered some simple Christmas patterns online and I hope to try knit something decently Christmas sometime soon! :D

Was having a look at the Book Depository and saw some great books. Def thinking of getting this one.
    Some of the ornaments looks so cute!
    9781609008383.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is anybody else thinking when will the mince pies be out?

M&S is normally a good bet in September!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Is anybody else thinking when will the mice pies be out?

M&S is normally a good bet in September!

Míce pies?:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement