Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Cars were all frozen this morning ! I know I shouldn't smile at that but I will :D because it means that it was time to bundle up in warm scarves and gloves and hats to walk around to the school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Initially when I woke up and realised how cold it is today I was excited because cold always makes me feel Christmassy. Then I remembered that I had plans to make bread today. Hopefully the yeast will cooperate now that the heating is on.

Loughc wrote: »
    98fm's Ray Foley's naked breakfast returns this year Friday the 27th of November (the same day as the toy show) last year they encouraged people to dress up Christmassy and they used the show as the launch of their Christmas season on 98fm.

It's a really good way to kick off a very Christmassy day! :D

That was really good last year. I'd say it was good fun to be at it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That was really good last year. I'd say it was good fun to be at it.

I was at it last year it was great craic. The coronas played live on it about 6 or 7 songs they were amazing.

Definitely going to apply for tickets again this year it's in the RDS this year so tickets should be much easier to come by.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There were some serious Christmassy vibes happening here all day yesterday! Hopefully this is the start of the run in to December!

I love when this forum is busy, there's always great feel good atmosphere on it!

All I need is to have ChristmasFM go live or Blissmas go live on the telly and we're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

What's Blissmass?

I was singing very very quietly and unknown to myself "its beginning to look allot like Christmas" when I got up this morning. The OH told me off and said I will ruin it, its too soon.

45 minutes late I am walking up the stairs and she is heading out to work singing it, then realizing it and cursing me.

Bliss is a music tv channel on sky and UPC that changes to Blissmas every November and December where they play Christmas songs around the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Jude13 wrote: »
    What's Blissmass?

I was singing very very quietly and unknown to myself "its beginning to look allot like Christmas" when I got up this morning. The OH told me off and said I will ruin it, its too soon.

45 minutes late I am walking up the stairs and she is heading out to work singing it, then realizing it and cursing me.

Me too and my friend in work! We both had dreams about Christmas last night too...theres something in the air I think, christmas is a comin :D

• Advertisement

Not exactly a cheery post so please skip if you don't want to ruin a good mood. :P awful word today that the local creche which my son attends, (the largest in our town - has a chain of 2 crèches and and an after school club )suddenly closed no notice. Staff lost jobs. No pay and all only a few weeks before christmas. We were only talking this morning about the creche arranging a visit to see santa with the kids. :( Terrible that in this day and age so many people can be left with no certainty about jobs or pay and right before christmas. :(

So unusual they would close. Most crèches are rejoicing in the news of the free childcare announced in the budget. Business must be bad for them.

Loughc wrote: »
    So unusual they would close. Most crèches are rejoicing in the news of the free childcare announced in the budget. Business must be bad for them.

Word on the grape vine is one of the directors ran it into the ground. Bills not paid staff not paid etc. Conveniently this director retired last week with redundancy without saying a thing to staff, managers or parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Channel 321 on sky has become a Christmas movie channel! Its mostly made for tv fodder but if anyone fancies a bit of festive telly its on full time there.

To add to this Bliss announced yesterday on Twitter they will be turning into Blissmas next month but they haven't specified the date the sneaky buggers haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just booked afternoon tea for my Mam and myself for the week before Christmas at The Shelbourne.
    We had such a lovely time last year; so excited!

Note to self: Don't eat scones before other cakes; scones too filling.

What a lovely story this is. I wouldn't fancy driving it on the road though!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Just booked afternoon tea for my Mam and myself for the week before Christmas at The Shelbourne.
    We had such a lovely time last year; so excited!

Note to self: Don't eat scones before other cakes; scones too filling.

I want a scone now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I want a scone now :(

With real butter, jam and lots of cream.

And then a second one.

And a pot of tea.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Looks like I'll have to return to work after maternity leave on 1st December rather than in January after all :( Buuuut at least this way I won't have it hanging over me all through Christmas, I'll (hopefully) get 2 weeks off over the holidays anyway and crucially, I'll have some money to enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Went through our baking cupboard tonight and cleaned it all out, so I know what I have and what I need to get for the Christmas cake!! Think I'll make it Halloween weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Were still doing up out house so things are all over the shop but we got our new wood burning stove installed in the sitting room yesterday! Can't wait to put up 3 stockings this year over a proper fire- me, the GF and the cat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

DSC_0236_zpsf4pm6xnb.jpg

Arrived today, the smell is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Me and my mate got crazy cheap flights to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to do some shopping over there.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Reminds me I must get the Yankee candles in early this year. Last year the ones I wanted sold out.

My son's birthday is at the beginning of December so I've decided to make it a Christmas party lite, the tree, mince pies, mulled wine, the whole shebang! I figure I won't get away with it when he's older, he'll probably want a very distinct-from-Christmas party :pac: I'm so excited it's taking the sting out of going back to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Dolbert how many people have you coming?

Probably around 15 adults and 4 children, not including us. We're not planning on seating everyone, just doing a self-service spread of turkey and ham, stuffing, cheese plate, breads, salads, mince pies and (of course) birthday cake. It does seem like a lot when I write it down :o

Right people, my birthday is over for another year. You may all resume the Christmas preparations.

We were away for a couple of nights and my husband popped into a shop while I was in the spa to check if they had a Christmas section he could bring me to. They didn't. Silly shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Theres a podcast of todays show from Dublin Talks on 98fm about people celebrating christmas to early, apparently they got slated, lol. Good enough for Adrian and Jeremy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement