Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I came on just to post about the podcast we are not alone (unless it was a fellow elf) but there were a few Christmas fans ringing in defending Christmas haha.

I did enjoy hearing the background Christmas music they had on too haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in a taxi yesterday and I was talking to the driver about Christmas. He heard me mentioning Christmas and we had a lovely conversation about how he really doesn't like it and how I love it and even though we had totally different opinions it was just a really nice and respectful conversation.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My mother lives up north and I get stuff shipped there...
    The poor post lady brings the packages up to the apt sometimes and made the comment this week ah yes it is that time of year again as about 20 things have arrived for me in the last fortnight:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A 3cd Christmas album accidentally fell onto my iTunes and then accidentally synced to my iPhone and accidentally started playing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    A 3cd Christmas album accidentally fell onto my iTunes and then accidentally synced to my iPhone and accidentally started playing :P

I hope you accidentally enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loughc that would be too soon for me, I made the mistake last year and was wrecked by the time December came about and was like a cranky child.

Im building up slowly, I have agreed tree date of 25th Nov with the OH. I put up fairy lights outside for a BBQ last week, somehow I have forgotten to take them down....

I also bought a vile of these stick things that smell exactly like a real tree. They are hidden in a drawer but I will hide a stick or two around the house in early November just to get the ball rolling.

Ah I've it well mixed in to my library so on shuffle every now and then I'll get a festive surprise. Once the decorations go up I add more music and create a Christmas playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

Jude13 wrote: »
    I also bought a vile of these stick things that smell exactly like a real tree.

Pardon my (festive) ignorance, but what are these "stick things", are they incense sticks? if so do they really smell like a Christmas tree, or more like a bottle of green toilet duck!

Is there a particular brand name on them? thanks in advance

LC I get the odd one popping into my run when its on shuffle alright.

DeniG, they are not incense things, they come in a glass jar/vile. We seen them and thought that they would smell like a car air freshener which I hate. But after one smell they were in the trolley. I'll take a snap tonight and put it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

LC I get the odd one popping into my run when its on shuffle alright.

DeniG, they are not incense things, they come in a glass jar/vile. We seen them and thought that they would smell like a car air freshener which I hate. But after one smell they were in the trolley. I'll take a snap tonight and put it up for you.

They like these Jude?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc9BOXxEUpk1r38wlHNac6l7BmDm_ESS7z6-DShqZrjShaLRspuA

• Advertisement

Nope, they are only about 2.5 inches long and come in a container with a metal screw on lid.

I had something similar to the pic you posted from the White Company which I kept in the guest loo, not that I think of it that never survived the recent house move.

Like these ones,

http://www.enviroscent.com/scentsicles

The OH prefers the wreath one, I thought it was too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Currently listening to Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,527 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just looked out the window and realised it's going to be dark at 6PM this time next week.

leahyl wrote: »

And that's now added to my music courtesy of Apple Music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Happen to be home alone tonight, himself is away for work. Lit my Christmas Yankee candle. It's lovely.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Happen to be home alone tonight, himself is away for work. Lit my Christmas Yankee candle. It's lovely.

Which Yankee do you have? I currently have Fireside treats lighting here.

Snowflake cookie, it's lovely.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Snowflake cookie, it's lovely.

Have that one too. It's amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Got a Christmas Job in Penneys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Congratulations Hollister. Enjoy! :)

• Advertisement

Congrats! :)

Now I want that one :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

Nope, they are only about 2.5 inches long and come in a container with a metal screw on lid.

I had something similar to the pic you posted from the White Company which I kept in the guest loo, not that I think of it that never survived the recent house move.

Like these ones,

http://www.enviroscent.com/scentsicles

The OH prefers the wreath one, I thought it was too sweet.

Thanks for that Jude, I did a web search and found a link to the Heatons website, I'll probably be able to pick them up there when their Christmas stock is in

I go a few more yankee candles delivered with free incense sticks, I will bang up a pic of them when Im home.

The one that just arrived looks like a Christmas cracker with little candles in it.

We got the yankee advent calendar last year but never got through all of them

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I bumped into our HR manager in the office kitchen, and asked her when the Christmas party is going to be... This turned into a general discussion about Christmas. She was in the middle of telling me how she never had a real Christmas tree until she moved to the UK because you can't get them in South Africa, when another colleague walked in and was like "UGH, you're talking about Christmas?"

So she responded "Yes, we're talking about Christmas in October - what is your question?"

That shut him up anyway :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Your HR manager sounds awesome. :D

People like that usually think it's fine to discuss their summer holidays in January but blanch at the word Christmas before November. Double standards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congrats I love that shop

leahyl wrote: »

Well after hearing the soundtrack I had to throw it on!

Not a bad Thursday night.

2pqqp7k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Gravity defying Thursday night!

• Advertisement

Gravity defying Thursday night!

Is it showing upside down? Bloody tiny pic. It shows up normally on the touch site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement