Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it showing upside down? Bloody tiny pic. It shows up normally on the touch site.

Yep! That always happens to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I had a right old chuckle at this,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

:D:D:D:D

12096017_186798021664199_1270383155942811502_n.jpg?oh=58664cf5fc0b1572594fe449034ba389&oe=568ACC78

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was lovely walking around town and seeing the Christmas lights appearing in the streets, just need them turned on now.

Debenhams have their decorations up in their store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Same in Cork, Debenhams are ignoring Halloween and are heading straight to Christmas😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same in Cork, Debenhams are ignoring Halloween and are heading straight to Christmas😀

Good haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    Good haha.
    I knew you'd appreciate that sentiment. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Halloween is over in a week, than all shops should start with christmas displays and stock.

I had my induction in penneys today and they were showing us the christmas display at the moment and saying it's going to be around 5 times bigger than it is now. They have so much stock up in the stock room its ridiculous. The fitting rooms are going to be decorated as a grotto

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm over in London for a few days and look what I found on Oxford St! CHRISTMAS SHOP!!! Didn't buy anything because the stuff wasn't great but CHRISTMAS SHOP!!!

366608.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It's the 25th! Not THE 25th but only one more non-THE 25th until it's THE 25th! \o/

• Advertisement

Waking up and realising it's only 2 months to the big day.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's scaring me. I haven't thought about a present. I had one in mind for the OH but funds due to the house move have killed that idea. Now I actually have to think of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

My local heatons store has some lovely Christmas stock in. I spent all Last year looking for a nice bathroom ceramic Christmas set (toothbrush holder, soap dispenser etc ) and what did in find in heatons ! Just that. A lovely set of 3 one was one a reindeer, another a santa and a snowman I think. Just adorable. Going to pick it up next week. Can't wait to post a picture !

Random post warning! :D

One night at the weekend Mr glitzgirl carves out some mummy time where no one is calling me looking for the shoe that they just took off or telling me the toddler has gotten into the freezer and is trying to lick all the frozen ice cubes or the dog has found a stray sock and is tearing it apart. A whole 2 hours when I can De stress and have a nice bath do my pampering, facials, nails etc.

In bathroom earlier taking off my mud mask and all I could think of was that Christmas ceramic set and how good that would look in my main bathroom. That right their was the moment I realised I'm officially a Christmas nut :p (and made a mental note to pick it up asap - just in case it sells out :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Played a great trick on my husband today. I heard stop the calavery on a random internet radio station this morning, ( my favourite ) so when I was out I found a cinnamon and spice candle as was the mood. I always have a candle lighting so just hid the label and himself turned around and said it feels like Christmas!
    Even managed to get him to put on Elf (for the kids!)

Oh I really can't wait!

My bro is emigrating on Wednesday so we're having CHRISTMAS DINNER (part 1) tomorrow for about 20-odd people. I cannot wait. Get in ma bellah stuffing, turkey, ham, roasties, sprouts, carrots etc. Mmmmm mmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

mud wrote: »
    My bro is emigrating on Wednesday so we're having CHRISTMAS DINNER (part 1) tomorrow for about 20-odd people. I cannot wait. Get in ma bellah stuffing, turkey, ham, roasties, sprouts, carrots etc. Mmmmm mmmmmm!

Room for one more? Sorry to hear about your brother

Ditto, sorry to hear about your bro, jealous of the Christmas dinner though.

I emigrated a when the recession hit, held off as long as I could. My bro and I were in the lift at the airport and there was a group of lads giddy for their holiday. They asked us if we were going anywhere nice....my bro just said 'emigrating'. Silent lift ride from then on.

I remember flying back for my first Christmas back home, I nearly broke youtube with the amount of times I was watching Dublin airport greetings. The airport is one of my special places at Christmas. Roll on 18 Dec!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    My local heatons store has some lovely Christmas stock in. I spent all Last year looking for a nice bathroom ceramic Christmas set (toothbrush holder, soap dispenser etc ) and what did in find in heatons ! Just that. A lovely set of 3 one was one a reindeer, another a santa and a snowman I think. Just adorable. Going to pick it up next week. Can't wait to post a picture !

My local Heatons has fab stuff too I'm on the look out for a nice mug and plate for nights in front of the to with my tree up having my tea from my Christmas mug and some goodies on my Christmas plate, thinking of buying Christmas pjs too for our New York trip

SarahLil wrote: »
    My local Heatons has fab stuff too I'm on the look out for a nice mug and plate for nights in front of the to with my tree up having my tea from my Christmas mug and some goodies on my Christmas plate, thinking of buying Christmas pjs too for our New York trip

Seen heatons had lovely little santa milk jugs and everything, need to pick up a Christmas tea pot for my hot coco bar this year ! Penny's has lovely while olaf and frozen themes pjs in at mo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Date set for Christmas Cake making \o/ Nov 21st is not too far away at all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Drove from Cork to Dublin today (the weather was horrific :eek:) and had the genius idea of adding all the different Christmas FM frequencies to my presets when they announce them so that we can find them easily on the way from Dublin to Cork at Christmas. The last time we did that journey at Christmas I spent ages trying to find the frequencies online depending on where we were. I'll be prepared this year! \o/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Alicat wrote: »
    Date set for Christmas Cake making \o/ Nov 21st is not too far away at all! :D
    I'm making mine today! The fruit has been soaking since Saturday for extra flavour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Seen heatons had lovely little santa milk jugs and everything, need to pick up a Christmas tea pot for my hot coco bar this year ! Penny's has lovely while olaf and frozen themes pjs in at mo :)

Can't wait for all the Christmas stock to be in get "Tis Season" in full swing

SarahLil wrote: »
    Can't wait for all the Christmas stock to be in get "Tis Season" in full swing

I barely got a glimpse at some if the stock but in fairness I was impressed with what I saw. Can't wait to stroll around and soak up all the atmosphere from 1st November on!

Food coma is in full swing here. Just to titillate you all, here is what we had for our dinner today. We didn't bother with a starter because we had loads of main course food and desserts and there were only so many plates to go around seeing as how there were 27 of us there!

Main course:

Roast turkey
    Green ham
    Smoked ham
    Mashed potatoes
    Roast potatoes
    Stuffing
    Cauliflower cheese
    Carrots
    Parsnips
    Sprouts
    Gravy
    Cranberry sauce
    Apple sauce

Dessert: (all homemade)

Chocolate brownies
    Apple tart
    Rhubarb crumble
    Banoffee pie
    Fresh cream and jam pastries
    Strawberry pavlova
    Trifle
    Ice-cream
    Cream
    Custard

I am rather more rotund right now than earlier! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

WOW! Though I'm a smoked ham gal myself.

WOW! Though I'm a smoked ham gal myself.

Yeah me too, we were split down the middle about it so went ahead and did two types. It was all incredible. We put up decorations and used the Christmas table-cloths. Such a day :)

What's green ham?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Mam always makes the most amazing Christmas pudding, I'm gonna ask her to make an extra one this year. Also, going to head over to the Yankee Candle store in Stephens Green this week because every year the little Christmas candles sell out and I wont be caught out this year.

Have started the cats hamper - a few cans of pork, pink salmon, some glittery jingly balls, cream desserts etc. I saw a santa sack in Tiger for 4euro, going to fill that up and then deliver it to them (dressed as santa) on Christmas morning. Aw :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement