Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Jude13 wrote: »
    What's green ham?

Unsmoked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

So just normal ham, why green?

So just normal ham, why green?

Why Not? :P

Ah no, my Da is a fan of cowboy movies and they always call unsmoked ham, green ham so he does too. Although I have heard others call it green ham also, maybe it's a local thing?

Weird, never heard of it. Green for Christmas and envy from anyone having ham whilst Im not.

Weird, never heard of it. Green for Christmas and envy from anyone having ham whilst Im not.

Soon Jude13. Soon!

I'm about to go pooching for the makings of a dinner sandwich which I shall scarf down in your honour :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A leftovers sandwich would be amazing right now. So jealous.

I was walking through Blanch shopping centre and I noticed Christmas trees and decorations at the door of a shop. I looked at the name and it said House of Christmas. I'm an idiot so House of Colour (the hairdressers) popped into my head and because there's a hairdressers (not House of Colour!) along that stretch I thought that they had just got a bit ahead of themselves in a major way and changed their name. :D Nope, it's a Christmas shop! It's actually EZ Living but just their Christmas stuff. It's not but but the stuff is gorgeous so if you're in the area it's worth popping in. I left with the biggest smile on my face.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was in blanch today and the Christmas shop as well. I got a lovely Christmas tea set for my mam. Then onto the Yankee store for Christmas melts and a polar bear tea holder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's starting to feel a bit like Christmas, with this miserable weather today. Might just light a fire tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was in Malta airport last night and in Zurich airport this morning. Both had lovely Christmas decorations in and I bought something nice in Zurich this morning. Christmas is well and truly on the way guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

My local shaws made a sad attempt at blocking their store front windows so people wouldn't see ( or more than likely object to ) the Christmas display they have nearly completed!

Also saw my local jewellers sneaking garland and wreaths in to his shop early this morning ! Poor man looked so uncomfortable like he was committing a crime :D so natural I beeped the horn gave him big wave to show my support ... :D:D thank god the man knows Me :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

M&S online have 20% off home stuff today if anyone is in the market for one of their Christmas duvets!

Cherrycola wrote: »
    M&S online have 20% off home stuff today if anyone is in the market for one of their Christmas duvets!

Yes. Yes I am. Thank you!

Browsing online though guinneys and can't wait to take Halloween stuff down so I can start getting house ready for Christmas :pac: everywhere really seems to be getting into the swing of it now ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Browsing online though guinneys and can't wait to take Halloween stuff down so I can start getting house ready for Christmas :pac: everywhere really seems to be getting into the swing of it now ! :)
    Same here, and I haven't even put up my Halloween stuff yet! Lol

I like to think the fireworks that are set off at Halloween are celebrating the launch of Christmas :p:pac:

I do miss Halloween, old Halloween when they used to allow bonfires.

There's some good lore out there about Christmas being a scary time too. Black Christmas (Silent night, evil night) is a must watch in the festive season.

Loughc wrote: »
    I like to think the fireworks that are set off at Halloween are celebrating the launch of Christmas :p:pac:

Never thought of it like that. I don't really like fireworks. They always terrify the poor dogs and when I was working (outside of the home that is :pac: ) i seen the damage that these can do first hand. And unfortunately sometimes the people least suitable to supervise these are the very ones using them.. ..sigh. .. :(

This pretty much sums me up haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I mentioned here recently that the battle for me coming up to Christmas is trying to decide what to buy my loved ones.

Every year I always think "Right, everyone's had good pressies. What will I get 'em next year?" and I dread trying to think of things.

Anyway, today I sat down and actually made a list and to my surprise, I was able to come up with ideas for everyone.
    Now the list's been made I can start shopping for pressies.

I normally start the first two weeks of November but there's nothing stopping me starting this week!

And I'm going to save all the wrapping for one night near the big day; sit down with some wine, put festive tunes on and wrap everything!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think I'm going to wrap everything on Halloween. I must check my paper and ribbon supplies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thanks sarahLil that's very sweet of you! I'm going out and about today (yes I'm using it as my excuse to go look through the shops today ) so if I get one ill let you know ! :)

Did you get sorted with a hat yet? Our local shop hasn't got them in yet but I will keep an eye out

I love that quote, I am actually laughing out loud it's brilliant, just read it out there to my other half

SarahLil wrote: »
    Did you get sorted with a hat yet? Our local shop hasn't got them in yet but I will keep an eye out

Hi sarahLil ! Yes I did thank you ! :) I got a lovely one in heatons. How are feeling actually any better ! It was very kind of you to offer too btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Posy wrote: »
    I think I'm going to wrap everything on Halloween. I must check my paper and ribbon supplies. :)

i wrapped everything two weeks ago :o:o:o:o

Where is the Christmas shop in blanch please?

SarahLil wrote: »
    Where is the Christmas shop in blanch please?

Downstairs few shops after ginos ice cream.

Hi sarahLil ! Yes I did thank you ! :) I got a lovely one in heatons. How are feeling actually any better ! It was very kind of you to offer too btw! :)

Ah that's great you got sorted no problem at all, Anything to help a fellow elf out, I am much better thanks,

Downstairs few shops after ginos ice cream.

Thanks, need a trip to Yankee too can't wait till they shift all the Halloween Stock, I need Christmas Cookie it sold out last year I couldn't get it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

shakencat wrote: »
    i wrapped everything two weeks ago :o:o:o:o
    No need for the :o:o on this forum! I'm sure Loughc has all his presents bought since February. :pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement