Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

+1 for the LED lights. Have same set for 4 years now and they've never gave me any trouble.

And baby and crumble where can I get those magazines :O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »

And baby and crumble where can I get those magazines :O

I got these in the shop in St. James Hospital (we've got a relative in there this past year :() but I'm sure you could get them in Easons. They all come together in a bundle, along with a free chocolate button mold. I need inspiration for this years dinner, I have the (very picky) in-laws coming. And it's our first Christmas in the house we bought last year so I want it to be brilliant. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 21 Peanut Butter

Ohhh! Is this part of the site just Christmas stuff? That's really cool! I love Christmas!! Haha :D we got a new tree this year and I got a laser projector today it's so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

this will be our first year getting a tree..

last year we didn't :/ *hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »
    How did I miss this! :P

I'm actually really bad at buying presents early, I've four gotten so far and that is good going for me haha!

FYI Boots have the Christmas Cookie and all Yankee Large Jars as part of their 3 for 2 offer.

Thanks Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Super excited this year! Have a trade card to go into the beauty / hair suppliers and they have all their 3 for 2 gifts on offer. I'd be amazed if I actually got any gifts their that I didn't want to keep myself ! :)

Ohhh! Is this part of the site just Christmas stuff? That's really cool! I love Christmas!! Haha :D we got a new tree this year and I got a laser projector today it's so cool!

Hi Peanut Butter ! Yup welcome to the Christmas nut house lol :p

shakencat wrote: »
    this will be our first year getting a tree..

last year we didn't :/ *hides*

Will you opt for a real or artificial tree ?

I can't put up a picture but this laser show is so cool! It projects a laser show of snowmen and Santa clause and Christmas trees! It cost 49.99 but it's so worth it! Sorry I'll stop talking about it now. Thank you! My fiancée and I have been talking about Christmas since like August! Haha :D we both love it, it's such a happy time

I got the led lights in homestore and more and never had any problems with them ! I'd be devestated if my lights went while on the tree ... shock horror .... :o

• Advertisement

Be careful where you buy your tree if you buy an artificial one! The prices in Dunnes seem good but I got one a 7ft in my local hardware store and it was 50 euro cheaper than in Dunnes Stores!! Madness!

I can't put up a picture but this laser show is so cool! It projects a laser show of snowmen and Santa clause and Christmas trees! It cost 49.99 but it's so worth it! Sorry I'll stop talking about it now. Thank you! My fiancée and I have been talking about Christmas since like August! Haha :D we both love it, it's such a happy time

Ok I'm sorry I have to ask. All I have in my head is the scene from deck the halls ! Does it project onto the outside of the house ?? :o if it does ... omg where can I get one !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ok I'm sorry I have to ask. All I have in my head is the scene from deck the halls ! Does it project onto the outside of the house ?? :o if it does ... omg where can I get one !

No :( it says not to use it outside! I know you can get them but apparently they cost like 300 euros! Haha. They guy was saying how he was getting one in for the store but was saying its a few hundered euros. Bit sad about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks for the recommendations guys - I want the multicoloured lights - do they do these in LED too? Might have a look in woodies so :-)

No :( it says not to use it outside! I know you can get them but apparently they cost like 300 euros! Haha. They guy was saying how he was getting one in for the store but was saying its a few hundered euros. Bit sad about that!

So unbelievably intrigued by this ! So where are you planning to use it ? If you don't mind me asking ! :)

Oh god I dunno where to start. I genuinely think I have a touch of ocd lol :p a lot of stuff I do every week anyway like clean the fridge etc, but in November or if I'm really organised late sept /early October I will get
    • any painting touched up (with dogs and kids this needs to be done )
    • white wood work glossed, doors, windows etc,
    • normally try clean the grout in bathroom , floor tlies etc
    •windows have to be cleaned
    • usual out door stuff like gutters cleaned, chimney etc
    • completely organise and do a big De clutter. If it doesn't have a place or hasn't been used it's gone.
    • chest freezer defrosted and reorganised too.

Sure I'm missing other stuff but it's mostly covered in my weekly clean. I'm sure I'll think of the other big clean jobs randomly tonight while I'm trying to sleep ! :p

Oh forgot to add, and my own personal pet hate, cleaning the wooden blinds. Hate doing that job. Curtains are all washed too while blinds been cleaned but I don't mind that, the washing machine does the work there ! :)

Wow Glitzgirl you sure are organised, I hate blinds myself that's a job for my other half this weekend my excuse is my Asthma and I'm sticking with that, I'm working through my freezer to make room for lots of tasty Christmassy things, I think operation Christmas deep clean will have to kick off fairly soon in our house, we are away in New York the 7th December I want the tree up before I go and come home with not much else to do I want to enjoy the build up to it all, I'm already thinking are Christmas pjs ok for NYC plus my Christmas jumper?

So unbelievably intrigued by this ! So where are you planning to use it ? If you don't mind me asking ! :)

I have the indoor one set up to project on the sitting room wall right beside where the tree is going! It just cuts off to leave space for the tree, we couldn't believe it haha!

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendations guys - I want the multicoloured lights - do they do these in LED too? Might have a look in woodies so :-)

Woodies in carlow did last year anyway ! They weren't out last weekend only had the boxes full of lights out beside the shelves, but more than likely they will. Have you tried going onto their website and typing it into the search bar it may just come up! :)

Thanks Glitzgirl - I just did that now after I asked the question - doh! They have a huge selection of lights!! I'm just wondering how many I would need for the tree cos I do like a good few....would 200 be a lot? I have a 7ft tree

SarahLil wrote: »
    Wow Glitzgirl you sure are organised, I hate blinds myself that's a job for my other half this weekend my excuse is my Asthma and I'm sticking with that, I'm working through my freezer to make room for lots of tasty Christmassy things, I think operation Christmas deep clean will have to kick off fairly soon in our house, we are away in New York the 7th December I want the tree up before I go and come home with not much else to do I want to enjoy the build up to it all, I'm already thinking are Christmas pjs ok for NYC plus my Christmas jumper?

Thanks sarahLil ! :) You lucky duck ! I went about that time last year. I definitely wore christmas jumpers ! It was bloody cold and windy ! And the Christmas decorations over their. Oh my god :D I came home with a suitcase full of deco and toys alone ! Oh yea get the tree up before you go. You'll be tired and stressed it's so close to Christmas when you get back that you won't enjoy it!

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I would get battery operated lights for outdoors, I made an artificial Christmas hanging basket for the front of my house and I would like to add some lights to it this year, most lights I have seen in Dunnes or Penneys don't mention if the are suitable for outdoor use, TIA

Thanks Glitzgirl - I just did that now after I asked the question - doh! They have a huge selection of lights!! I'm just wondering how many I would need for the tree cos I do like a good few....would 200 be a lot? I have a 7ft tree

This might be handy !

Anyone know where I would get battery operated lights for outdoors, I made an artificial Christmas hanging basket for the front of my house and I would like to add some lights to it this year, most lights I have seen in Dunnes or Penneys don't mention if the are suitable for outdoor use, TIA

Homestore and more or deals usually do a small ser of like 20 or so that are outdoor suitable !

This might be handy !

:-O!!! 700 lights?!!! I think that might be a tad excessive!!

I think I generally use about 400 on my tree it's 7 foot too.? And I think my tree looks fab ... although I probably am biased lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's some list Glitzgirl! I think I might splash out and hire a pre-party cleaner. :o Seriously though I'm finding it so hard to keep on top of housework with a very active 10 month old. He's into everything. I was up on a chair yesterday cleaning out the top of a cupboard and the clever little thing pulled out a drawer and stood on it so he could scramble up onto the chair after me. Very precarious for a minute, he couldn't stand up, I couldn't bend down to grab him without kneeing him. Yeah, I think a cleaner for a deep clean might be the safest all round!

Oh and all of my roller blinds need a good scrub too and I just, well I really REALLY REALLY don't want to do them.

First Christmas in your new place B&C that's so special!

Thanks sarahLil ! :) You lucky duck ! I went about that time last year. I definitely wore christmas jumpers ! It was bloody cold and windy ! And the Christmas decorations over their. Oh my god :D I came home with a suitcase full of deco and toys alone ! Oh yea get the tree up before you go. You'll be tired and stressed it's so close to Christmas when you get back that you won't enjoy it!

Thanks:) looking forward to getting all wrapped up actually excited to buy a woolie hat, any tips on where to get decorations over there? Yeah definitely get my act together get this house in order before the tree goes up

I'll try home store for the lights thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I have a 7 foot and have 600 lights. I had 400 the first year and it looked sad

If you're near Wexford Smyths Stoves and more has 200 for 30 euros!

• Advertisement

Haha :D I'm tempted to do it one year see how it actually turns out! Put it this way the room won't be dark anyway ! I wonder would it look like one of those fabulous trees you see on TV then like in home alone :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement