Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have a 7 foot and have 600 lights. I had 400 the first year and it looked sad

They cost so much though! I don't think my mum would be up for me spending all that money on lights! I want good ones though at the same time that will last....such a conundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Whispered wrote: »
    That's some list Glitzgirl! I think I might splash out and hire a pre-party cleaner. :o Seriously though I'm finding it so hard to keep on top of housework with a very active 10 month old. He's into everything. I was up on a chair yesterday cleaning out the top of a cupboard and the clever little thing pulled out a drawer and stood on it so he could scramble up onto the chair after me. Very precarious for a minute, he couldn't stand up, I couldn't bend down to grab him without kneeing him. Yeah, I think a cleaner for a deep clean might be the safest all round!

Oh and all of my roller blinds need a good scrub too and I just, well I really REALLY REALLY don't want to do them.

First Christmas in your new place B&C that's so special!

I'd love to hire a cleaner but I have to be honest with myself I'd be the looney toon who would end up cleaning before the cleaner came in case she thought the place was a mess. Typical irish mentality ! :o it's not too bad now ! I was just thinking to myself that I may crack open my Christmas folder now and see what needs to be done every week ! It comes out the first of November like clock work. Reminds me when I need to book hair and nail apps too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've bought lights in dunnes and they died very quickly, I find it they're not LED bulbs are so prone to going

The set I got in woodies were €64.99 for 400 but with discount came in at just over €45, I know I spent more than that on the 3 sets in dunnes that year that all died

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

If you're near Wexford Smyths Stoves and more has 200 for 30 euros!

Thanks

leahyl wrote: »
    They cost so much though! I don't think my mum would be up for me spending all that money on lights! I want good ones though at the same time that will last....such a conundrum

Homestore and more usually do boxes of 400/200 all half price in December ! That may help x

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »

Why not get the 200 or 300 set this year and see what you think once they are on, also multicoloured might work better in smaller sizes, mine are white

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Will you opt for a real or artificial tree ?

REAL

LOVE REAL

which makes it harder to find a spot!

SarahLil wrote: »
    Thanks:) looking forward to getting all wrapped up actually excited to buy a woolie hat, any tips on where to get decorations over there? Yeah definitely get my act together get this house in order before the tree goes up

I'll try home store for the lights thanks

Would you actually believe I got some of the nicest decorations ever in the chemists. It's like a chain can't remember it for the life of me now, but it was on every second corner. A convenience store /chemist and they had these gorgeous massive soft velvet bows for $1.99 and med sized ones for .99c. I went a bit mad in their bought wreaths and everything !
    Why not get the 200 or 300 set this year and see what you think once they are on, also multicoloured might work better in smaller sizes, mine are white

Agree with this ! Mine are a warm white on one tree and you could easily put another 200 on (for a total of 600) however the main tree has purple lights and 400 is loads! Both trees are 7 foot too! The colour stands out more so I think less is definitely more with multi colured lights :)
    Seriously though I'm finding it so hard to keep on top of housework with a very active 10 month old. He's into everything. I was up on a chair yesterday cleaning out the top of a cupboard and the clever little thing pulled out a drawer and stood on it so he could scramble up onto the chair after me. Very precarious for a minute, he couldn't stand up, I couldn't bend down to grab him without kneeing him.

lol ! Yea it will be interesting this year with my youngest ( will be 2 in early December !). May have to tie the tree to the wall ! Toddlers... They get into everything :o

i feel the same as you guys,

i have a new pup...

just as tricky as a baby!!!

he'l prob pi$$ on the tree!!

shakencat wrote: »
    REAL

LOVE REAL

which makes it harder to find a spot!

I love the smell of real trees but they are definitely not for me. A friend of mine gets one every year and every year she complains about the needles, the uneven Ness and the fact that she can't put it up in early December ! It's a vicious cycle because she will still get one next year ! Good luck tree shopping ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

lol ! Yea it will be interesting this year with my youngest ( will be 2 in early December !). May have to tie the tree to the wall ! Toddlers... They get into everything :o

When you're doing your big blitz clean, what do you do with the kids??! Am I just really really bad at multitasking. He's my first, it's taking me a while to get into the swing of things :o normal day to day stuff gets done, dishes, floors, clothes etc but the big stuff like painting? Not a hope of me figuring out how to do it around him.

i have a new pup...

:D Two large dogs here, and never a problem with the tree. They're such good boys. What's your pup like?

Here is one of my boys in front of the tree a few years ago.

10620575_773893676001608_1024579809954238043_n.jpg?oh=bac039e12dbb5fb8c4776b90cb1a1f99&oe=56C15879

Unfortunately this year we have to go fake because I have an allergy but can take antihistamines, but if the baby inherited it, he'd be miserable.

Yea it will be interesting this year with my youngest ( will be 2 in early December !). May have to tie the tree to the wall ! Toddlers... They get into everything :o

Mine is 2 in February and I spend my day saying no, I know come tree time it will be a competition between her and the cat to get at the new toy, with the 3 year old doing a running commentary

If I didn't love christmas so much I'd be tempted to forego the tree til next year, but fear not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl thanks I think I know the one you are talking about

i have two,

2 year old lab and a 5 month Rottie.

she's good as gold..
    him however..

Cheeky so n so!!

so we shall see what christmas brings!

• Site Banned Posts: 21 Peanut Butter

I want to put my tree up but I'm not allowed till after Halloween :( stupid Halloween

i have a new pup...

I hope not! No one wants a puppy to pee on their tree! :)

When you're doing your big blitz clean, what do you do with the kids??! Am I just really really bad at multitasking. He's my first, it's taking me a while to get into the swing of things :o normal day to day stuff gets done, dishes, floors, clothes etc but the big stuff like painting? Not a hope of me figuring out how to do it around him.

don't be so hard on yourself whispered ! I'm sure I'm just a bit of a freak for cleaning. The painting i do at night so I won't have little fingerprints on my wall ! At a push I get Mr glitzgirl to take the kids out for the day so I can fly through it !

Don't beat yourself up I'm sure you are doing a fantastic job ! Once everyone is happy and fed and (moderately ) clean, as only toddlers can get so dirty so quick , then your doing just fine !

I find a huge part of it is been organised, ie Monday is bathrooms cleaned and laundry done. The first week or two is hardest after that it's only a quick touch up! Really helps!

I want to put my tree up but I'm not allowed till after Halloween :( stupid Halloween

Roll on Sunday? :P

Mine is 2 in February and I spend my day saying no, I know come tree time it will be a competition between her and the cat to get at the new toy, with the 3 year old doing a running commentary

If I didn't love christmas so much I'd be tempted to forego the tree til next year, but fear not!

Haha I know what you mean! Mine has taken to shouting " no Dean no !" While he runs away after doing something naughty... he obviousky thinks i say that too much to him :o

I know how you feel :( I had the same random idea myself !

Roll on Sunday? :P

I can't wait! I don't like Halloween all that much! It's great when you're a kid getting all the candy but as an adult not so much!

• Advertisement

I can't wait! I don't like Halloween all that much! It's great when you're a kid getting all the candy but as an adult not so much!

Yeah, I'm the same..
    I have to go trick or treating with my best friends 5yr old...
    its an unwritten rule now, hate it :(

Yeah, I'm the same..
    I have to go trick or treating with my best friends 5yr old...
    its an unwritten rule now, hate it :(

No thank you! I just don't answer the door never bother buying anything either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cadesin

I could eat the Moist Maker every day of the year. It sounds very tasty.

cadesin wrote: »

this sounds nasty to me!!
    am i missing something?

?? Wrong thread Prehaps ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cadesin

?? Wrong thread Prehaps ? ?

Yes :o

Yes :o

Lol ! :)

hahahaha thats excellent hahahah

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I assumed he was talking about Ross' thanksgiving leftover sandwich. I made one after Christmas it was amazing!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I assumed he was talking about Ross' thanksgiving leftover sandwich. I made one after Christmas it was amazing!

Left over sandwiches after Christmas dinner are so good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement