Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Blissmas returns to our screen in November 14th from 6am!!

http://www2.cscmediagroup.com/news/428/Blissmas-is-on-its-way-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    I assumed he was talking about Ross' thanksgiving leftover sandwich. I made one after Christmas it was amazing!

I clearly have a really inappropriate mind that does not belong on a Christmas thread so ! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I assumed he was talking about Ross' thanksgiving leftover sandwich. I made one after Christmas it was amazing!

MY SANDWICH?

:D

MY SANDWICH?

:D

Is there some secret christmas sandwich meet up going on here and if so why haven't I been invited ! I like sandwiches :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I clearly have a really inappropriate mind that does not belong on a Christmas thread so ! :o

A lump of coal in your stocking this year. On the upside at least your stocking will be a laced one :P

• Advertisement

A lump of coal in your stocking this year. On the upside at least your stocking will be a laced one :P

:o be fun explaining the there is a lace stocking hanging on the door. Immediately thinking of kylie minnogue "santa baby " ..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

SarahLil wrote: »

These are quiet popular this year ! See a lot of them being offered customised on Facebook ! I personally don't like the look if them but I think they fit nicely with a certain style of interior design ! The vintage look ! Omg sorry brain freeze couldn't think of the word for a minute !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd love to get led lights but they all look cold and blue to me. :(

Posy wrote: »

I thought that too but I got a set of warm white ones and I have to say there is a lovely warm glow off them. Highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There are multicoloured ones on the woodies website Posy!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've been outvoted in favour of clear lights. :(

I got warm white ones before but they just didn't look as nice as the fairy lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've been outvoted in favour of clear lights. :(

I got warm white ones before but they just didn't look as nice as the fairy lights.

Boo! I have warm white and I think they look really nice, had fairy lights one year and they all broke.

Now admittedly they were helped in this by the cat :( 3 sets chewed, the LED ones he currently seems unable to harm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

ive to buy a tree and all of the decorations this year.
    My other half wants to go to marks and buy good ones, but would penneys do just as well?

he says this but will expect me to fork all the money in marks as its me who loves christmas :o:o

he'd gladly do nothing :(

shakencat wrote: »
    My other half wants to go to marks and buy good ones, but would penneys do just as well?

he says this but will expect me to fork all the money in marks as its me who loves christmas :o:o

I got one from Argos a few years ago it was cheap and cheerful but for an artificial tree it shed like crazy and last year it looked so miserable.

I'm forking out for an expensive one this year. I'm forking out for it as its something I want. My partner doesn't mind the withered one but I hate it now haha.

Buy which ever ones you like. Loads of people on here have said they either prefer pennys decorations or most have bought them when they are starting off in a new home. You can always start a tradition of picking up one or two nice expensive decorations with your OH every year and build on it ! :) some of my nicest and most expensive decorations were bought in tye sales for less than a third of their original price in the January sales or towards the very end of Christmas to be used the next year ! ;)

Also be worth while looking at homestore and more they usually sell some nice bits half price in December. But they sell out super fast !

I got one from Argos a few years ago it was cheap and cheerful but for an artificial tree it shed like crazy and last year it looked so miserable.

that's such a shame ! I bought mine the first year I moved in wother Mr glitzgirl ( and was shocked to learn he didn't own a single decoration never mind a tree !). Bought mine in argos, have it about 9 years now and it's still my favourite tree looks fab every year ! :)

It's so miserable and wintery and dull out ! :D I love it ! Lightening the fire tonight for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We got a stove last night. Hope to have it fittied in next few days. Christmas is coming! Cosy fires make the season for me.

Whispered wrote: »
    We got a stove last night. Hope to have it fittied in next few days. Christmas is coming! Cosy fires make the season for me.

And lots of warm cozy fleece throw overs to cuddle up on couch with !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I bought a tree in Argos a few years ago and tbh it's grand still. Buy the best one you can afford, and make sure to take care putting it away. And I'm a big fan of Penneys for baubles. You can get a big massive "tube" of them for like a fiver and then I'd recommend a trip to IKEA to get some other little bits. The quality in Penneys these days is actually great. You can always make some simple things too to bulk it up. And get some cheapo candy canes in the pound shop to hang off some of the branches too.

As much as I love Christmas a glass bauble is a blast bauble, let's be honest. Why break the bank in the likes of M&S when you really don't have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

ah my other half is a snob but with no money.. hahaha

so realistically.

its up to me.

i could tell him the decorations are from BT and he wouldn't know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

so realistically.

its up to me.

Ah. All fur coat and no knickers. Well, just tell him that if you're buying the decorations they will be bought in penneys and if he doesn't like it he can buy one in m&s with his own money. He'll change his tune soon enough!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cadesin

that's what I thought :o too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

so realistically.

its up to me.

Check out Dealz too, my theme is cream,gold,rust on our tree, I picked up fab Jewell like decorations last year for 1.49 each in Dealz, the come with a ribbon on them they look very expensive, happy shopping

The annual snow at Christmas rumours are here! Fingers crossed.

The annual snow at Christmas rumours are here! Fingers crossed.

I would love that! But just enough to have snow on the day and not much more. I still remember driving in the snow of 2010 and I'm not eager to repeat this, but snow on the day would do as a gift from santa

I would love that! But just enough to have snow on the day and not much more. I still remember driving in the snow of 2010 and I'm not eager to repeat this, but snow on the day would do as a gift from santa

I missed out on all that. :( And we probably wont have snow where we're going for Christmas because there's never snow in the south so I'd like some snow from the 27th onwards please. I do remember it snowing on New Year's Eve that year (I think it was that year) and that was great. I was a bit sick (and we generally stay in for New Years anyway) so we were at home in our jammies when we noticed the snow outside. I believe it was a bit of a nightmare for people to get home from town that night but I was having great fun in the garden in my jammies!

I missed out on all that. :( And we probably wont have snow where we're going for Christmas because there's never snow in the south so I'd like some snow from the 27th onwards please. I do remember it snowing on New Year's Eve that year (I think it was that year) and that was great. I was a bit sick (and we generally stay in for New Years anyway) so we were at home in our jammies when we noticed the snow outside. I believe it was a bit of a nightmare for people to get home from town that night but I was having great fun in the garden in my jammies!

Ok, let's agree on snow on 25th from about 12pm then it can clear til 27th and snow non stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It was mad! We went into a pub, no snow, came out, couldn't walk. There were people sitting on the path crying because they couldn't walk, people falling everywhere. Blood on the paths. Fights over taxis. It took us four hours to walk from Christchurch area to heuston station. My gran lives near there and brought us blankets and tea etc. I kept insisting I wasn't cold but she insisted on turning in the electric heater. All of a sudden the cold hit me and I couldn't get close enough to it! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement