Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/after-forecaster-predicts-white-christmas-6727986

Say what you want but oconnell street sure does look well in snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'll just leave this here ... :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here ... :pac:

Counting down the minutes!!! :D

OMG that weather was terrible! I'll never forget it I was out working in it ! Absaloutly freezing and lethal to walk on the paths. I haven't had a Christmas with bad weather where I wasn't working so im kinda hoping for some nice cold miserable snow and frost and ice.. Purely so I can sit inside and know i don't have to go out into it this year ! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Counting down the minutes!!! :D

I started taking down some of the Halloween deco today little bits that I'm hoping the kids won't notice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Going out this weekend to buy a Christmas tree!
    We binned our last one, which lasted 10 years, cos it was looking shabby....can't wait!
    Must........resist.....tempatation.....to.....put....it.....up.....when...I...get...it.

fussyonion wrote: »
    We binned our last one, which lasted 10 years, cos it was looking shabby....can't wait!
    Must........resist.....tempatation.....to.....put....it.....up.....when...I...get...it.

Let me know where and what you get please. I'm in dire need of a new tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

No problem!

fussyonion wrote: »

Happy tree shopping ! :)

Happy Halloween all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Wonder when the first one will be

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have my elf slippers on and I had chocolate for breakfast (because I made chocolates yesterday and they have to be eaten!) so it feels a bit like Christmas today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm wrapping some of my presents today. :)

I've started a new tree thread.
    It's nearly impossible to get all the links working in (ugh) beta, touch and the full site.

I don't care if they don't work at this stage- I just want to see some trees in it now! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

kitten_k wrote: »

Walked through M&S this morning and they've put loads of Christmas trees up in the store! - Not decorated so that'll probably be done by the elves tonight :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

kitten_k wrote: »

Not long now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

OK, thats that Halloween nonsense out of the way, let Christmas begin!!!! ha ha

OK, thats that Halloween nonsense out of the way, let Christmas begin!!!! ha ha

Yes. This. Yes. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Posy wrote: »
    I've started a new tree thread.
    It's nearly impossible to get all the links working in (ugh) beta, touch and the full site.

I don't care if they don't work at this stage- I just want to see some trees in it now! :pac:

I tried to put up pics of mine, it never uploaded after 3 attempts :(
    I'll have to try on the laptop..... When ever I find the charger!!

OH MY GOD FIND IT NOW.

• Advertisement

SMJSF wrote: »
    I tried to put up pics of mine, it never uploaded after 3 attempts :(
    I'll have to try on the laptop..... When ever I find the charger!!

Send the pics by pm if you can't find your laptop charger and I'll try to upload them for you :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Heatons had some really nice ones last year, very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

iguana wrote: »
    Heatons had some really nice ones last year, very reasonably priced.

I saw the small ones in heatons today and was unsure re them but may pop back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

10 minutes and than no one can say "it's not even Halloween yet"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I saw the small ones in heatons today and was unsure re them but may pop back now

I got the 7ft Greendale last year and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Really want to get a fristed tree this year, anyone seen any nice ones for cheap (ish) - Dunnes have a nice one for €150 which is a bit steep.

Happy start of countdown to Christmas Day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Loughc wrote:
    Happy start of countdown to Christmas Day!!!!

Started that last st. Stephens day lol 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I went to buy a lawnmower yesterday and ended up in a winter wonderland. My OH spotted the decs from the carpark and just said "a lawnmower and rake thats it right?" yeah wh......its SANTA!!!!

In fairness she got into it, I threw a few pics up on the Signs Christmas is coming thread. There are one an two of Crate and Barrel too. They have the best fake trees I have ever seen. I always said "fake tree, fake Christmas" but with the AC and climate here you just can't have a real one.

I bought zero Christmas things. Although there is a mini St. Patricks Cathedral and tacky and all that it is I think we will get it.

Check out the cribb in a tv..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement