Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Míce pies?:eek:

With 20% more Squeak for 2013!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Farmer Johns pub restaurant. A cross the road from my house

Have a Poster up for Booking for Christmas! :)

That was my first thing I saw last year 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Just saw the first Christmas recipe of the season pop up on Pinterest!

Eggnog Cheesecake Cake! It's my first time hearing about it, but I reckon this Christmas I'm going to go all out and make and bake as much as I physically can!

cheesecake-1024x685.jpg

Oops sorry about the size of the pic everyone!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Saw a table with Christmas crafty items in the art and hobby shop during the week :D

• Advertisement

Don't worry about the size of the pic, Pang - it makes the screen easier to lick....yum, I'm going to have to hit the chocolate after seeing that...

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Don't worry about the size of the pic, Pang - it makes the screen easier to lick....yum, I'm going to have to hit the chocolate after seeing that...

:D Thanks Mayo Gurl!

Why not! Saturday night is Snacks and Movies Night!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That cake looked amazing!! Anyone has anyother baking ideas?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I made my list, and I have 5 gifts bought already. Considering making some puddings as gifts too. But my question is, is a Christmas pudding an acceptable gift to pass on?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A lovely home-made Christmas pudding would be a really lovely gift, imo! :)
    It would be obvious that more thought and effort has gone into the present, than just a gift set of bath salts or something!

(no offence to bath salts)

This forum is making me feel more disorganised by the minute! Must make my Christmas list asap!!
    I'll be making my pudding and cake in September- can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

I was reading through the Christmas Hamper thread over on the Food forum and it has truly inspired me!

So many fantastic ideas! I am definitely going to make a few this year. Have to start collecting and buying jars and fabric now.

Def going to make chilli jam. Everyone seems to love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Currently listening to white christmas on spotify in work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

leahyl wrote: »
    Currently listening to white christmas on spotify in work :D

You crazy woman!

I was NOT humming 'O Come All Ye Faithful' yesterday.

NOT.

Nope.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

19 weeks and it will be that glorious day in December!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I know there's a couple of you that like to bake for Christmas! So can any of you recommend a good cookbook? I normally make the usual cookies stuff but really want to make fruitcake and mince pies ect. I don't want any fancy ingredients, just good old traditional recipes that are as easy as possible to make? Thanks!

Any one else notice the influx of toy based advertising? Not sure if its just me or actually happening! :P

Judy Garland now on spotify :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Love2love wrote: »
    I know there's a couple of you that like to bake for Christmas! So can any of you recommend a good cookbook? I normally make the usual cookies stuff but really want to make fruitcake and mince pies ect. I don't want any fancy ingredients, just good old traditional recipes that are as easy as possible to make? Thanks!

Any one else notice the influx of toy based advertising? Not sure if its just me or actually happening! :P

I have been serious considering sending off for a 'Martha Stewart' book, She's American, and has a lot of books out, a few Christmas ones too I think.

Some of the older stuff from Delia Smith have all your traditional recipes, maybe the library would have something decent you could flick through.

My local library has a cute mover a few Christmas' ago, and kept 'booking out' Nigella Lawson's books! She had them out, for the whole month of December! Are you thinking of making your own mincemeat? or the jarred stuff? I have found that googling strangers blogs online have proved to be a source of some very tasty recipes! That's what I do! :-)

I'm definitely doing to make my own mince pies this year!! It's just nice to make something yourself once in a while isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Oh definitely! and kids remember things like that. Helping mum in the kitchen, Frank Sinatra or the Pogues in the background, cutting out all the star shaped cookies. Icing the cake, and the smell of baking. Only time of the year I use all spice.

I whispered in my hubby's ear last night, 'guess what'? he said what? ... 'In 2 months time, it'll only be 2 months to Christmas!' , says I.

He didn't even flintch! So used to my mad hatter ways at this stage!

Oh definitely! and kids remember things like that. Helping mum in the kitchen, Frank Sinatra or the Pogues in the background, cutting out all the star shaped cookies. Icing the cake, and the smell of baking. Only time of the year I use all spice.

I whispered in my hubby's ear last night, 'guess what'? he said what? ... 'In 2 months time, it'll only be 2 months to Christmas!' , says I.

He didn't even flintch! So used to my mad hatter ways at this stage!

Brilliant! I thought we were going to be blushing for a sec....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Love2love wrote: »

"Delia Smith's Christmas" or the updated version "Delia's Happy Christmas"
    I know I bang on about it every year but it really is a doozie. Nigella's Christmas book is great too, but Delia's is just so nostalgic & comforting I couldn't do without it.

I love Martha Stewart! Ever since I started wedding planning, I have found her to be an amazing source of inspiration.

She has some fab Christmas recipes and if you are thinking of making a homemade Christmas food hamper, she has some super ideas and recipes. All of it is on her website and she has some great recipes books on Book Depository etc..

Cooca Atelier's status on FB today was them looking for ideas for seasonal and Christmas flavours for their yummy chocolates!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

I've found some really nice DIY decoration ideas on Pinterest, I've been pinning like mad :P

I just got a text from my sister - she is Christmas shopping! I'm so proud :D:D

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I just got a text from my sister - she is Christmas shopping! I'm so proud :D:D

You've taught her well; she has learned from the best :D

leahyl wrote: »
    You've taught her well; she has learned from the best :D

She absolutely hates and despises shopping! I'm happily suprised by her. We are going out for a drink tonight, so I'll be nearly rooting through her bags :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

As Christmas begins to get more 'in season' I've changed the thread title to avoid any confusion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just watched this. Can't to wait to see what they do this year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    As Christmas begins to get more 'in season' I've changed the thread title to avoid any confusion. :)

Love the new thread title ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

First of all, Freshpopcorn, that video gave me my first proper Christmas feeling of 2013!!!

Secondly, thread title change freaked me out for a moment when I though there was a well read thread on the Christmas forum that I was unaware of. Granted I've had beer :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement