Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Blissmas is back😀 376 on Sky!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thinking of buying a small tree this year. ..may try Heatons after the recommendations above. I might even try it today before the east of the world sets their sights in Christmas :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Blissmas is back😀 376 on Sky!!

Already?!? Their press release said its not launching until November 14th!

EDIT: Just checked Blissmas is back!!! Yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg Blissmas is back!!!! Eeek must check it out!

Have my Christmas cake in the oven!!

Also, was in our local dunnes yesterday and their Christmas display is fab this year, some lovely Santa's and snowmen :-P

Was at the Dragon of Shandon Parade for Halloween last night and it was really good, so much work went into it!

But now it's time to enjoy the build up to my fave time of year :-D

Was looking at fairy lights in dunnes yesterday too, my mum doesn't like the brightness of the LED ones so she doesn't want me to get them :-( so have to go with ordinary fairy lights again this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Had a wander around blanch earlier, now taking a break from clearing out my kitchen presses for Christmas, I love Dunnes Christmas stuff I have me eye on a table centrepiece, I wonder if Dunnes will do one of their 20% weekends off homeware/Christmas soon? Penneys have lovely Christmassy reed diffusers for 5euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Santa Clause: The Movie on Christmas 24 at 6pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I bought a couple of Christmas scratch cards today. I was very excited when I saw them. They're for someone else though so I didn't get to scratch them.

I'm with my parents at the moment and they had a bit of a disagreement over whether or not they have Bliss on their free to air box so obviously they had to find it to see who was right. We got through two and a half songs before it was switched off but I was very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Bought my first selection box today €3 in tesco. Couldn't help myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just took down the Halloween decorations and boy does the porch look empty. So glad I have a 3 year old's birthday party to decorate for next weekend or I don't think I could bear emptiness for 4 more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Bought my first selection box today €3 in tesco. Couldn't help myself.

I've them a few weeks :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Christmas ads have also begun on telly.

Saw the Lidl one with the little girl waiting for Santa earlier!

Bring em on!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The excitement and love for Christmas on social media all day long today has been incredible.

It only leaves this to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

So folks happy nearly Christmas, when are you all putting up your tree's, I'm thinking sat nov 28th, and I wonder is the toy show on that night as well.

john why wrote: »
    So folks happy nearly Christmas, when are you all putting up your tree's, I'm thinking sat nov 28th, and I wonder is the toy show on that night as well.

Hey john welcome to the Christmas forum I've moved your post as the see your tree thread is for pics only this thread is our chat thread.

The toy show is on the Friday 27th of November. I can't wait that's the night I'll be putting my tree up too!! Not long to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey john welcome to the Christmas forum I've moved your post as the see your tree thread is for pics only this thread is our chat thread.

The toy show is on the Friday 27th of November. I can't wait that's the night I'll be putting my tree up too!! Not long to go!!!

Thanks for moving my post. Think we'll put it up on the 27th instead, toy show tree and a few drinks can't wait. .

john why wrote: »
    Thanks for moving my post. Think we'll put it up on the 27th instead, toy show tree and a few drinks can't wait. .

Toy show, treats and a takeaway. You can't beat it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was in town today and the Ilac centre is all decorated for Christmas.

Pretty much finished my Christmas shopping today! Just a few small things to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My husband just asked if I could wait a week longer to put the tree, so not on the 27th. I'm not sure he understood the look I gave in response

My husband just asked if I could wait a week longer to put the tree, so not on the 27th. I'm not sure he understood the look I gave in response

You have to tell him its tradition for the 27th and if he doesn't agree I'm going to send him a strongly worded email.

You have to tell him its tradition for the 27th and if he doesn't agree I'm going to send him a strongly worded email.

I calmly explained that if the tree isn't up for the toy show santa won't come and was he happy with breaking our childrens' hearts

• Advertisement

I calmly explained that if the tree isn't up for the toy show santa won't come and was he happy with breaking our childrens' hearts

Yikes! An email won't cut it. Should we release the three spirits of Christmas on him?

Yikes! An email won't cut it. Should we release the three spirits of Christmas on him?

No, the three christmas trees should do it :) Also, I could just agree with him as he's away from the 24th to 27th so what he doesn't know won't hurt christmas ;)

My 3 year old said yesterday, I can't wait for Christmas to start tomorrow, so I know the Christmas spirit it alive and well I our house

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think I'm going to wait until the 28th to watch the toy show. I don't think my son will be able to stay awake for more than the first hour on Friday, so I'll record it and we'll watch it from 6pm the next day.

So, I may have a problem, I've been to lidl and bought a fourth tree! Now I can't keep 4, as that would mean divorce so I think I'm going to bring the heatons one back, the lidl one looks great quality for the price, the heatons one is fine but just not as nice.

Is there any justification for keeping all?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh how much was the lidl tree?

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh how much was the lidl tree?

It's €30, just took a look there and it's really nice, so bringing back the heatons one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It's €30, just took a look there and it's really nice, so bringing back the heatons one

Do you mind me asking how it looks? The box looked deceptively small so i want sure how nice the tree would look. Sparse artifical trees make me sad :(

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how it looks? The box looked deceptively small so i want sure how nice the tree would look. Sparse artifical trees make me sad :(

I'm impressed for the price, the branches look full and more tree like than plastic like if you get me. The heatons box is way smaller if that helps

It's no patch on an expensive one, but for a cheaper option its good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I SAW MY FIRST CHRISTMAS ADVERT

good aul Lidl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The Spirit of Christmas is strong in my family too! My mother watched The Santa Clause on Saturday morning, and on Sunday I woke up to a snapchat from my brother of the opening credits to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!

And I listened to three Christmas songs on the way home! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement