Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Call me Al wrote: »
    just saw the Asda christmas ad and I really liked it.

I think it is working with the hashtag #becauseitschristmas

The message and visuals I love. The music choice is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Loughc wrote: »
    The message and visuals I love. The music choice is awful.
    Ha! So funny, as my husband said he loved the music :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Christmas ad from westjet,pure brilliance
    Sorry if its been posted already
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zIEIvi2MuEk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

shakencat wrote: »
    Not sure,
    do they do good deals?

I heard boots had them in theyre 3 for 2 offers

I don't know if they offer deals, in fact they are probably more expensive because they only sell Yankee, but I remember they did really cute little holders and also a set of 12 votives inside a box that looked like an old fashioned book :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm on the lookout for Christmas stockings, nice ones that will last a lifetime, and ones I can get the kids names embroidered. Thought Harrod's might have done it, but it doesn't look like it.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

did my Christmas grocery shopping list last night, I have to buy for our house than I buy something's for my mam and aunt as they host Christmas, we move in Christmas Eve don't leave till the day after St. Stephens Day

Found some cute light up Parcel set on Argos last night in exactly the colour I want, I know they are doing 3 for 2 on decorations but does anyone know when they reduce their stuff? From reading the reviews they sell out quickly so I may just purchase them full price as I really want them,

I am also on the look out for Christmas stockings, if anyone sees Cream and Gold ones could they let me know TIA

I'll have to check out the links for the Christmas Ads later, no sound on my pc in work

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Christmas ad from westjet,pure brilliance
    Sorry if its been posted already
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zIEIvi2MuEk

Presents for a flight, 4-5 grand. feel good factor and publicity, priceless. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

beertons wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for Christmas stockings, nice ones that will last a lifetime, and ones I can get the kids names embroidered. Thought Harrod's might have done it, but it doesn't look like it.

Any suggestions?

Most of the shopping centers will set up a stall to get personalised stcoking and robes printed. Just check the quality of the stocking are what your looking for first!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Presents for a flight, 4-5 grand. feel good factor and publicity, priceless. :D

I,d say the guy who asked for the socks was cracking up! If only he had of known :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    did my Christmas grocery shopping list last night,

I read that too quick and though it said you did your Christmas shopping laSt night ! :D:o

They sell out so fast don't they!.If you check the bottom of the page it normally says current price valid til... and just set a reminder on your phone to check the price the day after that one ends they come on offer so quickly and are gone just as fast !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I,d say the guy who asked for the socks was cracking up! If only he had of known :)

Always go big, just in case :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Found some cute light up Parcel set on Argos last night in exactly the colour I want, I know they are doing 3 for 2 on decorations but does anyone know when they reduce their stuff? From reading the reviews they sell out quickly so I may just purchase them full price as I really want them,

If you are anywhere near a Eurogiant look there first. They have light up Christmas gift box sets for €20. I'm not sure if the colours match with what you want but it's worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I read that too quick and though it said you did your Christmas shopping laSt night ! :D:o

They sell out so fast don't they!.If you check the bottom of the page it normally says current price valid til... and just set a reminder on your phone to check the price the day after that one ends they come on offer so quickly and are gone just as fast !

Glitzgirl, I was in the shops last night and had a good look what is in store, I was saying in my head Want that, Need that, so with shopping for both houses I said I better write a list while its fresh in my head

I am tempted to do my shopping!! Drink, sweets, leave them in my mams so I cant eat them LOL

I'll have a look at the Argos site, I am bursting with excitement I might just have to go purchase them at full price, I cant wait..! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I work in Penneys and every day you see more and more Christmas stuff in the deliveries. It's not much at the moment but it's slowing getting there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Dad's Christmas present arrives - flatpack. He is the only one in the house who can assemble such mysterious items. I fear I may wind up asking him to make his own present!

Does anyone know if the Yankee store in Stephens Green is open yet?

It's always there, it's a permanent fixture :) So yes, to answer your question.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Most of the shopping centers will set up a stall to get personalised stcoking and robes printed. Just check the quality of the stocking are what your looking for first!

Nah, they won't be made of quality. I want something that will last forever. I found really nicest ones on Frogs & Sprogs. €60 each with €17 delivery. Eeek.

beertons wrote: »
    Nah, they won't be made of quality. I want something that will last forever. I found really nicest ones on Frogs & Sprogs. €60 each with €17 delivery. Eeek.

I actually paid about 25 euro each 7 years ago for a set of two and I still have them perfectly soft and fluffy and still look fab. I found nothing wrong with the quality of the ones I bought
    Glitzgirl, I was in the shops last night and had a good look what is in store, I was saying in my head Want that, Need that, so with shopping for both houses I said I better write a list while its fresh in my head

I am tempted to do my shopping!! Drink, sweets, leave them in my mams so I cant eat them LOL

I'll have a look at the Argos site, I am bursting with excitement I might just have to go purchase them at full price, I cant wait..! LOL

Oh your so lucky ! Get to shop twice ! I may go out this weekend have a good look around. I've decided this year since my youngest will be two I want a nice proper christmas family pic with santa (thanks pinterest :o ) so may go look for Nice outfits ! As if I need an excuse....

Oh stop I bought few tins of biscuits and I'm amazed I havent broken into them yet ! :pac:

I am loving the Christmas clothes in new look this year!! Have only seen them online so i may check my local store and hope they have them stocked !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Went in to Boots to have a look at the Yankee candles, and they are charging €36 for the 12 pack of Christmas votives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Tesco are selling some of their medium Yankee jars for €3.50! I have two ordered to be picked up this evening. If they are what I think they are I'll be ordering a few more. Usually 13.00ish euro. Very limited fragrances but so handy for gifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The John Lewis 2015 Christmas Ad. Man On The Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I just spotted this on the heatons website, has anyone got it? Wondering if it's worth the money? I see the snow falls and it plays music

I just spotted this on the heatons website, has anyone got it? Wondering if it's worth the money? I see the snow falls and it plays music

Homestore and more do a very similar one may be worth while checking their website as it prob be half price in a few weeks !

Homestore and more do a very similar one may be worth while checking their website as it prob be half price in a few weeks !

I feel like you're feeding my addiction! They have it too but its more expensive.

However, I just saw their santa hat chair covers!!!!!

Supposed to be going to dundrum on Sunday but I can now hear the sleigh bells of Homestore and more calling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I feel like you're feeding my addiction! They have it too but its more expensive.

Got these already, tempted to put them on! Also have the toliet seat covers and next time I'm in I'll be picking up the pedestal mat :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was in Argos and Lidl today and can officially say Christmas shopping has begun, got toys in Argos and biscuits, decorations, sweets and two boxes of crackers in Lidl. Don't tell anyone but we are going to pull one of the boxes of crackers tomorrow over dinner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Woke up to this from my mother :D

367840.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

And now my fiancé is letting me watch Elf! And cooking me breakfast! And he has candles lit!

This is a gooood morning! :D

• Advertisement

Ha dam you caught me :) can't remember if they go on offer with the lights and candles etc ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement